best email? | FerrariChat

best email?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rob lay, Dec 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have been using my own email and server for years, but it is a pain sometimes because of all the emails that come out of my server I easily get blocked as spam.

what is a good free email service like gmail etc? I'm more worried about getting blocked as spam sending emails vs. receiving extra spam. I also want to hit the email server from my client, not use webmail all the time. thanks.

2. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Gmail hands down and spring for the pro/business account if you want your own domain name and other power features.

3. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Admittedly I'm not skilled in 90% of the features GMail offers but of all the one's I've used, it's been the best. Especially if you want to use your own domain. Been using my personal free account for just under 10 years and aside from adjusting the spam settings recently it's been great.

4. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    Outlook.com if you are a Windows / MS Office user. great online document editing. If you want to maintain your domain name then an Office 365 business account and you can keep using fchat.com for your email.

5. opencollector

opencollector Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    CA Central Coast
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Gmail is reliable but the interface is perverted by Google's corporate mantra "search, don't sort."

What appear to be folders are in fact shortcuts to searches, so the same message can potentially occupy more than one "folder." It's quirky; you can delete a message only to find it later loitering within the "All Mail" or "Important" (whatever that means) pseudo-folders, for some reason. Their webmail interface also commits serious violence to message formatting and quoting style. The line-wrapping has a mind of its own.

However, Gmail does have an IMAP backend that works pretty well, so you can use your own client application like Thunderbird and avoid most of this.

6. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    gmail or outlook i use and love both

7. davidrodes

davidrodes Rookie

Jan 25, 2016
    As much as I dont like gmail reading the content or text on my emails so they could target the ads, its still is the best one Ive use.

8. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I opened an outlook account about 10 years ago. Lots of spam, considering I've only used it for 3 maybe 4 forums and friends and family. I opened a gmail last year for business and have received a lot less spam. Actually almost zero spam. Outlook, get bogus emails pretending to be everything from Facebook, EBay and the Apple Store. I have non of these connected to the outlook account. Point gmail for less spam and phishing scams.

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Honestly, after years and years of using OUtlook, I prefer Gmail's tags/shortcut for searches. Certain emails could be filed in many different folders, yet with a search in gmail, it applies much better. But that is all up to the end user and what works best for that individual.

I'll vote gmail / google for business.