Google Calendar Sync Issue Samsung GS5 - Pulling My Hair Out | FerrariChat

Google Calendar Sync Issue Samsung GS5 - Pulling My Hair Out

Discussion in 'Technology' started by carguyjohn350, Apr 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Are there any Android or Google experts here?

Here is what is happening.

When I add or remove items to my Google Calendar on my PC in Chrome, they do not appear in the Google Calendar on my phone. This is for new items only. Older, reoccurring items are still showing both places. I have the calendar set to sync, and it has worked for nearly a year and only stopped Monday. Items added to the phone calendar appear on the pc calendar, its only items added on pc that never make it to the phone.

To make matters weirder, I share my calendar with my wife so she knows what appointments I have, and the new items are appearing in her calendar app on her iphone, just not on my GS5. I am at a loss. I tried the Google help but its worthless. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I keep trying to think what else I might have dont on Monday that might be interfering with calendar sync, but I cant think of anything. I didnt update anything or change anything that I can think of, and even if I had I dont know why its affecting my GS5 but not my wifes iphone.

I am seriously losing my mind. Any suggestions?

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  3. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Thanks for the reply, Ill read through that thread more carefully tonight but at first glance it looks like he had the opposite problem and his issue was he was adding items to his phone calendar natively and not to Google.

I restarted like 10 times, tried pulling the battery for a few minutes and restarting, and apps are up to date, in fact I tried 3 different calendar apps and they all have the same issue which makes me think its not the calendar app thats the problem.

4. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    This may be pretty basic, and you may have already tried it, but go to accounts/sync and make sure your google account sync is on. Can't hurt to suggest it, just in case.