Power Point slide show help needed | FerrariChat

Power Point slide show help needed

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Jedi, Oct 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Help! I cannot for the life of me how to trigger a simple slide show in PPT 2013, whereby I just say "please play every slide for 10 seconds and when you get to the end, start over and do it again". In earlier versions, this was easy but 2013 it's just not obvious.

I can do it with "rehearse timings" - but that means I have to manually view each of 200+ slides, and if I screw one up I have to pretty much start over. I just want to say "show each slide for 10 seconds then go on to the next" - and if I decide that 12 seconds is better, I can change just that one parameter - not have to "re-rehearse" 200+ slides. This has GOT to be in there somewhere I'm just not finding...

I've Googled and not come up with anything that works on 2013 - so ONLY if you're familiar with the 2013 version will you be able to help much. 2010 and earlier versions it's totally different in how things work. 2016 might be the same - but I don't have that version so I don't know if it's the same - happy to try if you have that version and know how.

Still searching, but I'm in a time crunch to get this working today if at all possible so thought I'd reach out here as well, since we have a lot of "up to date" computer folk aboard.

Thanks for any help on this

Dave
    Jedi

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Solved my own problem - I realized that on a multi-monitor setup, that clicking the mouse anywhere on any screen will stop the show going on the third monitor. Weird, but that's the way it works. I just have to let the mouse fade out after a while and remember not to click anything.

Anyway, all working

Dave
    Jedi