Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | FerrariChat

Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TRScotty, Dec 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Ok, Not exactly DFW, but close enough.

Was passed by NEW F430 Titanium/Tan & Maserati QP Silver/Black on Loop 323 @ about 3:00pm

Later saw White/Blue Stripe Ford GT on same stretch!!

The cars were out in hickville today, LOL!!!

2. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Its good to see someone else from Tyler keeping track of the cars around here. In the past month I have seen 3 360 Modenas(red, silver and yellow) and I also saw the new F430 on 12-12-06. I have seen the Maserati as well. Have also seen a couple of Lotus Elise and many Porsche TT. It is good to see the F-cars here in Tyler. There used to be a Testarossa at the Spine and joint hospital from time to time. I have not seen it in a while though.

3. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Dr. Kevin Pauza owns the Testarossa. I have seen Jack king in a black Aston Martin and I was told by his sales manager at Crown he also has a Ferrari of some sort.

4. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Saw a red '89 Countach in front of Bill Day Tire this afternoon. The owner was chatting with Dave as I drove by.

I recognized King in the F430, just didn't want to spill the fact he had the Aston, too, but since you did :)

Dr. Pauza is a nice guy as well, met at a car show where he told me about Bo Jackson.

They are really out here lately!!

5. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Just saw the F430 in Jack Kings driveway. No aston in sight. Maybe he traded it. Did you know that Red Little(old insurance guy) drives around in a Maybach 57? I will keep my eyes open.

6. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Yeah, I've seen the Maybach, I think he's got to be around 90!!!!
    Used to drive around in an old RR sedan.

Colleague of mine lives 2 blocks from King, they reported the fcar lately as well. So much for that "forced sale to Peltier" on the Chevy side being a financial loss.

I see he's living well.

Good for him and anyone else that has the cahones to drive a Ferrari in Tyler.

I have seen, on occasion, a red Testarossa in a garage north of I20 on 271N.

Don't know the owner, only that every time I drive by, that car is visible from the highway.

I love the TRs, hence my forum name. I search them out,
    wherever they may lurk.

7. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    You DFW guys will have to excuse us here in Tyler. We don't see great cars like you on a daily basis. Red Maserati Grandsport on 323 today. I talked to one of the local ob/gyn docs today who owns three Porsches(Carrera 4s, 911 TT, Boxster S) and he said no F-cars in his future.

8. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Yesterday I saw the silver Maserati Q-port at Sams.

But TODAY I saw a NEW Red/Tan/Shields & Red Calipers F430 spider at B of A @ Broadway & Old Grande!!!!

It totally blows the coupe away in the metal. I wouldn't toss either out of the garage, mind you, but that spider was HOTT!!!!!

9. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Brand new (dealer-tagged) Aston Vantage in Tyler on S. Broadway yesterday evening.

Tried to get a better look -got a snarl from the female in the passenger seat.

10. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I know we are starved in Tyler for exotics so I have to post this even if it is not a Ferrari. Late model Aston Martin Vantage in the medical district.

11. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Ok, Greg, lately in Tyler, I've seen Dr. Pauza in his ex-Bo Jackson TR, 2 new Maser Q-ports (Red & White), a Yellow Lambo G, and the Gulf liveried Ford GT.

Tyler isn't quite so scarce for exotics any more, not to mention the 430 spider at B of A most every week.

Have fun and keep your eyes peeled, you might even see me!!

12. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    You have seen alot more than I have. By the way, what is the B of A?

13. sc67vette

sc67vette Karting

Feb 28, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What is B of A? Bank of America. That's my guess.

14. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank

My friend moved to Tyler last yr and one of his partners lent him that Gulf GT for the week

15. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Today around 2:15pm, saw a Red on Tan w/Black top 360 on South Broadway heading South from the courthouse.

I rolled the window down to listen as I pulled up behind, my wife rolled her eyes until she heard that beautiful V8 song, then she understood!!

I asked if I could get one and she said YES!!!!

Now to convince the accountant :(

16. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Saw a beautiful white w/ blue stripe Ford GT this morning on the Loop in front of Chili's

My wife reported a red TR on S. Broadway over the weekend, I guess the good Dr. was out stretching its legs. :)

17. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Are you sure??

This car was in Tyler, about 100 miles east of DFW.

I know that the owner/GM of the Ford dealer here has a GT. I just don't know the specs.

The Gulf liveried GT (shown @ crisis center car show) is apparantly owned by a MD in Shreveport, LA, but I've seen it (or one just like it) pulling out of the Cascades development in recent months.

Curious seeing a 360 spider, 430 spider, Doc Pauza's TR and King's 430 coupe in the same week - I am beginning to think the Ferraris are here to stay!!!

Can't wait to have one of my own to be spotted on this board :)

18. 512dreamer

512dreamer Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I am quite sure. The ad was in the Dallas paper. Can't be very many white/blue GT's rolling around the Tyler area.

19. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Very true!!!

I guess his daughter must have "settled" for a lesser school. :)

20. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    On Sunday morning in Grapevine, I saw a black Gallardo with black wheels and wing. He was in a hurry and it sounded great. Also in Tyler on Saturday a silver Maybach. Still have not seen the 430 at the B of A.

21. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    That's good 'ol Red Little of Combined Underwriters Insurance.

I've not seen the 430 spider lately, either.

22. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I just saw the same black on black Gallardo (with yellow calipers)...heading west on 114...looks sweet.

23. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    Black Lotus Turbo Esprit on the loop in Tyler. 2001 or 2002 I believe. Pretty affordable to buy new. I wonder what the upkeep is like.

24. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    I've experienced this as well lately, but in TYLER!!!

25. 512dreamer

512dreamer Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Who are these people in East Texas? Only time I've seen anything out there was in Palestine a few years back, had a 360 Modena and a Diablo pass through. Must be some good money out there now.