FOH | FerrariChat

FOH

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Drldcohen, Aug 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Has anyone had any service issues with Ferrari of Houston. I schedule my annual 6 weeks ago for today because I was leaving town for weekend and would not need my DD. Planed on dropping it off last night and picking up Monday. Got a call yesterday morning from Andy who basically said we are cancelling the appointment and you will need to reschedule. Called back and ask why to be told they were just too busy right now. Really. Anyone else having this issue

2. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    nope, i have never had any issues with them. always have been very courteous, fast service. Andy has been very helpful with all of my F cars thus far.

3. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    Do you really expect an annual service to be complete on Ferrari in one day? Your intention to drop the car off last night presumes that work would've started and finished today for a Monday pickup. That is not a reasonable turnaround nor a fair expectation. The general rule of thumb is to allow one week minimum. My average visits are two weeks, with the longest five weeks.

But I digress. Yes, one of my scheduled appointments was pushed back. No big deal. Many Ferrari owners will not allow their cars to be worked on, other than a dealership. When there is only one in town, expect delays.

4. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Never had any issues either. Andy has been one of the best service manager/advisors that I have dealt with at any car dealership. Incredibly responsive to inquiries. They are indeed busy so I schedule accordingly and give a little latitude.

5. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    probably not relevant to the OP but i'm never in a hurry when it comes to servicing my f-car...i always tell my guys - "no rush, whenever you guys can get it done"

i have a daily driver and frankly, i don't want anyone working on my car feeling like there's a clock ticking or tight deadline. but hey, that's just me...

6. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Andy is a great guy!! I am sure some thing came up unexpectedly. If it is a regular maintenance....no big deal. Yes sometimes it is frustrating if things are going as planned. One good thing is he called you and gave a notice ahead of time, Instead of you drove to the shop and they cancelled the appointment...

7. RyanFoH

RyanFoH Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ryan D
    Thank you, and to the others on the forum for the quick feedback regarding Andy's efforts to properly address the cars we are all so passionate about. His reputation among the dealer network is exceptional. I also have pre-owned Ferrari's I'm patiently waiting for Ferrari Approved inspections...I am aware first hand of occasional limitations on expedited service needs.
    Andy has worked with less complex luxury brands in the past and certainly has his pick of employers...but he specifically chose Ferrari and specifically chose Houston as his home because of the exceptional client base. To say he is conscientious and ethical is an understatement. A question mark to his integrity in a Ferrari forum is unfortunate, and I know the positive responses are greatly appreciated.
    A reschedule certainly has a potential for inconvenience. In my opinion, there is possibly another avenue to phrase the question to solicit feedback regarding a dealer's practices.

A reschedule due to the shop being too busy can be many uncontrolled variables; unexpected overseas supplier issues, technical support issues with Italy, or even a Ferrari technician being excused this week to welcome a newborn who arrived a bit early...

As a side note, I am happy to pass along that Ferrari of Houston (we are extremely lucky to be busy) will be adding 2 accomplished technicians to the team in the upcoming weeks.

Again, thanks to the F-chatter's who passed along honest and positive feedback as well to the F-chatter's whose patronage allows us the privilege to Sell, Service, and Race this iconic sports car brand.

8. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    +1 Andy is a fantastic service advisor! Larry I think you'll realize it's worth the wait and he will take care of you.

9. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    To all of you who have commented on my original post, I appreciate your time and thoughts.

There never was a question as to Andy's integrity or reputation. It was a question pure and simple as to whether this was common for FOH. The first encounter with service was also canceled at the last moment. This was the second encounter. I had set this up with Tess and I was told that leaving it for the allotted time was ample. So yes I was taken aback when I got the call. I am aware of the difficulty surrounding theses cars. I was not informed to why the appointment was being cancelled, just that it was. So I had no knowledge of staff or life experiences that were taking place. I did apologize to Andy during the conversation for being slightly twisted and we did agree on a future date that alloted him 2 weeks of lead way

Again the post was simply to understand the culture of the dealership, nothing more. I am confident that the future will result in a good relationship between all.

Again I appreciate the feedback

10. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Summer is tough for that store because of limited parking space. With such a massive clientele, many owners drop cars off before leaving for months on end on vacation. The cars aren't needed back any time soon so they sit and take up space. If anyone can get you sorted out, it's Andy. But as many have mentioned above, maintenance on your car is something to be taken in stride, and if your appointment gets bumped, don't sweat it...there are worse things in life. Just think, you could be servicing a Prius instead. ;)