Ferrari Dealers in Texas | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dealers in Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ychaudhary, Oct 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ychaudhary

ychaudhary Rookie

Oct 13, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    #1 ychaudhary, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Guys, a few questions from a novice member:

1. I'm looking to get into a 488 pretty close to MSRP and wanted to know if anyone had any good dealer recommendations? I checked with the local Ferrari of Houston and they have about a 1.5-2 year wait so not sure I'm totally buying that one on there part. Any good dealers anyone can recommend?

2. I'm looking to sell my current 458 that has some mods done to it, attached some pics for it. If I don't find a good buyer for it anyone know any dealers they would recommend for trade in's?

Thanks for the help Amigos!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, Austin and Houston are same owner.

San Antonio is a different owner.

Dallas, I am not sure of the situation there.....

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Can't offer any advice on the trade-in front. I bought my Ferrari from Miller in CT. However, it is serviced at Boardwalk Ferrari, and I've been extremely happy with the service. Give them a call and see if you can do business...T

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Nice looking Italia, unique wheels too!

488GTB - Spider allocations are over a year out ( if you are wanting to spec a car that is )
    If you are wanting to purchase a car that someone spec'd out but didn't purchase, that may be a different story, because then you are buying a pre-owned car. Which are bringing over MSRP everywhere I look. Including from wholesalers.. I've seen some 488GTB traded in for a 488 Spider , so they are starting to show up. Problem is, there's a line waiting on those too!

Regarding purchasing new from " another " Dealership other than the one in your market, that may be tough too, as Ferrari keeps a close eye on who sells to where. Does it happen, sure, are there repercussions , yep.

GL in your search, hope you find the car you want at the price you are willing to pay.

PM with your information, I'm happy to pass it on to see if we may be able to help.

S

5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you for your kind words Tom.

And we are happy to have you as a client as well!

See you at the Poker Run tomorrow, weather is supposed to be nice!

S

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What you're running into is reality. Number one, while Ferrari might like to make more, annual world wide production is around 7,000. Number two, the number of Ferrari dealerships worldwide has increased dramatically in the last 10 years or so. Number three, each Ferrari dealership only gets X number of the hot cars. Some can sometimes get a few more, but basically once a dealership has sold their allotment, its gone. Number four, a long-time dealer like Risi has a customer base longer than you have been around. They don't have to keep a list because they know which customers are going to buy even without asking. It's the circle of life, Simba.

If you're hot to trot, I'd suggest "wholesalers" like Sports Car Company or Motorcars International. If you're willing to wait, I suggest getting to know the sales managers or GMs and letting them know you are a cash buyer, as in: they call you at 10:00 and you have the check ready by 4:00; you don't have to ask your wife; you aren't going to ask for a PPI; you aren't going to fret over whether its a good deal or not. You say yes or no, and keep your word.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

You're most welcome.

Alas, no poker run for me tomorrow. Work. 😡

T

8. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    #8 bart12, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016

Lets not scare him. What he meant was that just like any dealer, you need to know them and they know you in order for you to get the new cars.

If you really want a BNEW car, now or in the future, its time to put out your wallet and dance the ferrari tune and post in in Youtube. After a couple of old cars, and 2-3 BNEW cars you dont want, youll be ordering BNEW you want.

Some people find it frustrating, some people are ok with it. Money will not get you infront of the line.

Houston is my dealer they are pretty straight up guys. Ive used boardwalk for service and they are stand up guys too.

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yup, on the money. FOH has customers who were buying Ferraris in the early '80s when no one was buying Ferraris.

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Hou and 1/2 AUS are Risi. Satx and 1/2 AUS is a MX money laundering thug, pinche culero, puta. Vega. Run. Run far away.

I like Risi. But stay away from Vega. FNA knows what he does and dgaf.

11. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Can you be more clear about your post. Interesting.

12. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    If you live within 100 miles of a dealer, you can only buy new cars from that dealer...and Ferrari does check/confirm. This is how they control the market.

You want the perks of getting new cars at/close to MSRP? Stop buying pre-owned from dealers other than official Ferrari dealers. Buy your cars from your local Ferrari dealer, get in their good graces, and you'll get the special new toys at prices you'll be happy with.

13. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter

Bang on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Let me try to translate for you. Just the ownership part. I don't know anything about the rest of what he is talking about...
    Ferrari of Houston is owned by Risi.
    Ferrari of San Antonio is owned by Vega.
    Risi and Vega each own half of Ferrari of Austin.

15. Toolie

Toolie Karting

Jan 15, 2013
    Houston,TX
    This is interesting because, Ferrari of Austin did my belt service on my 360 few years ago they charged me around $2800. Ferrari of Houston quoted me around $10k, they said engine needs to come out. Why?