LG Motorsports Track in Anna | FerrariChat

LG Motorsports Track in Anna

Discussion in 'Texas' started by daviddallas, Jan 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daviddallas

daviddallas Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    I along with a number of other fellow Ferrarites went out to view the presentation on the new road course track they are planning on build in the North Dallas area (NE of Dallas). Was a great turnout, a number f other clubs showed up. So it made for a better car show.

The good and the bad...

Its proposed to be a great track with VERY highend garages, club house, race track, etc. BUT it a track for the Ultra Wealthy, which I'm not, even though I own a Ferrari.. That is my take on it.

At this time, there are 3 levels of membership. Starting at $250k and the lowest at $125k with monthly dues... Soo unfortunately, out of my price range and standard of living. So Sad..

They stated they "Might" have a few track days for the clubs, but we will see...

I guess I will stick with Texas Motorsports Ranch for my track needs in the Dallas area.

2. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    This has been tried before, never got off the ground. I remember sitting in a few meetings when they were looking for investors...

3. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    10 years ago I had counted 10 different DFW tracks planned and finding investors and yet EC was the only one that happened because it was self funded. MSR Cresson was basically self funded until complete. It is a hard challenge to have enough funding to complete the track, but build it and they will come. Hopefully LG already has enough funding it isn't an issue to complete. LG has great reputation, plenty of contacts in area, and it is great location for North Dallas.

Will the country club 6-digit equity buy-in work? it has for years in golf and while golf is on decline there are more people getting into tracking.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

I dunno. I'm guessing the market for high-net worth car guys who are willing to swap paint would be pretty small. But what do I know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it won't be a racing track.

7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Parade laps?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    track days, heck MSR Cresson one of the most active tracks in the country and they only have 1-2 race weekends a year.

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It was a great event. The plans look very exciting. The wife and I brought out the Cali. Lots of cool cars there, of many makes and models. The robins egg blue MGB was a particular favorite (the wife learned to drive in an MGB), and Mr. Gigliotti was a great host! Very personable. The location is a very convenient one. I think we made it from Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano in about 30 mins or so w/o pushing it - DNT -> SRT -> 75 -> 121. I hope this is a great success...T

10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Well, MSR doesn't cost a jillion dollars either. Plus not only does Monticello have 10s of millions of people to draw from, the area also has a high concentration of HNWI.

Plus how many old rich car guys want to track their cars anyway?

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Isn't EC in decline? Even LeMons isn't running there anymore. I've heard the track needs a lot of work, but I haven't been there myself in several years.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Neither have I, last time I was there 2010 and it had issues then. When I met with David and Linda as they first planned it I flat told them that was a terrible location. MSR already had the Ft. Worth crowd and EC not any closer from most areas around me and even parts of Dallas. I said they needed to target North Dallas, that is 75% of the DFW market anyway and MSR is 90+ minutes from North Dallas. They didn't like my advice. ;) They had major problems with drainage and settling, roughest track I've ever been on. Every race weekend in the 355 Challenge I had to replace all bearing hubs which then were $600 each and now $1,500. So it would cost me $6,000 to run a weekend at EC now even without the normal costs. I could go 1-2 seasons at the other tracks on the same bearing hubs. For the first 5 years or so there were huge rocks right off the surface, it was typical to sand blast your front and a few broken windows under racing conditions. I did like the turns though. I loved the turn 1 after a race start, pretty exciting turning in 3 wide. I like slow turns after long straights like 3/6/7/11 and 10 one of my favorite elevation complexes. Not sure which year, but David and Linda divorced now. Piece of advice, don't build a race track if trying to keep a marriage together! :D

13. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    30 odd years ago, fancy racquetball gyms were the rage. It was going to replace tennis because it was played indoors. Anybody seen a racquetball gym lately?

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    my health club had 3 courts, they turned 1 into cross training and 1 into spin. :D

15. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I hope Lou pulls it off. He has pretty big plans and if anything it will help the people in Dallas that think MSR is to far. If all comes together it would be great for big national events.

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    1 outta 3, ain't bad. :)