Elite Motorsports in Austin - Experiences? | FerrariChat

Elite Motorsports in Austin - Experiences?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GLS12, Jan 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Elite Motorsports is listing a car I am interested in. I did a search and did really uncover much on the forum, so I thought I would solicit views on these folks, as well as where in Austin one might have a PPI done on a 360. Many thanks in advance.

2. ezeks98

ezeks98 Rookie

Dec 30, 2014
    Austin TX
    almost certain this is SW's shop, he posts on here and 6speedonline under StreetKing if I remember correctly. I haven't been there or dealt with them but he seems to have a solid rep in both communities and was an active poster. I'm sure someone here will be able to provide you with some first hand experience.

3. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It is indeed SW's shop and ezeks is correct on usernames.

Elite has an excellent reputation. If you need a PPI, where Elite is unable to, I'll recommend Brian Crall, rifledriver, who isn't too far away from Elite.

5. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks for the reply. I called Brian yesterday and he won't do a PPI because I am not a known customer (which is unfortunate but i understand). I was thinking Moorespeed but does anyone have insight on Ferrari of Austin for something like a PPI (not actual service or buying a car)?

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Call up Moorespeed and ask for Winslow.

FoA should do PPIs as well but might want to inquire with Chris Meza over there to be certain.

I've had customer cars at Brian's place, Moorespeed, and Ferrari of Austin. All depends on what needs to be done. PPI's I've taken to Moorespeed in the past.

7. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks again for the help.

8. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Elite has a good reputation here. The owner (SW) is active locally and as mentioned, a user on f-chat.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I really limit PPI's to local parties, besides I have projects backed up to the highway and I'll get killed if I push one out of the way to do a PPI. Thanks for the offer. I am new around here but I concur, SW seems like a good guy.

10. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ..Brian isn't just close, he is the best. I wish he did internships, would go there just to learn (or get him coffee) :) !

11. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks to all for the replies. And to Brian, I totally understand why one would be reluctant to do a ppi for someone he doesn't know at all and who is another state. Unfortunately many people have gotten litigious over ridiculous stuff and ruined it for everyone (like so much in life).