Clear Film | FerrariChat

Clear Film

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bart12, Feb 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Anybody can recommend a fast turn around clear film application at Dallas, TX.

2. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Depending on the car and the extent of coverage you desire, it could take up to two days. I had Norm Schilling do my cars when I lived near the Metroplex. I believe he has retired and the business is now run by an associate. I still hear great things regarding their service and attention to detail.

Invisibra - Highest Quality Paint Protection

3. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    LOL- for front that is extremely high.

"The price range for a full front is around $1,750-$2,000"

4. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    That price is pretty typical from an installer that knows what they are doing and when using a good quality film.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  6. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Usually if I have my porsches needed clear film, I use Parkplace. They are 1 day turn around for the full front and priced right.

But I need an installer that would not take my car for 3 days just for a front install.

7. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
  8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Depending on what you have covered, this is on the low end of the pricing spectrum. Other cars can be in the 5K range. Really depends on the car, what you want to have done, and the installer.

9. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I've seen so many film installs that have stretch marks and lines in them from from peeling the film back after it adheres or precut kits that show lines around all the edges and dirt builds up in them.

Then there's Invisible who is the best installer I've seen, no lines, tucks every edge possible and removes badges and emblems to go under with the film. I've personally used him on my cars and you don't even know the film is on the car.

You want something with quick turn around you will get a precut kit and willing to bet a quick install will have stretch marks and such. You get what you pay for.

10. jtkeller

jtkeller Karting

Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Invisibra, both norm and the new guy (forgive me for forgetting his name), have done several of my cars and they've all been perfectly done. I agree with Josh, you get what you pay for. I've not seen a dealer installed bra that I'd be happy with.