Inspection Station - Travis County | FerrariChat

Inspection Station - Travis County

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rennspeed, Feb 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Hello - I was wondering where folks take their exotics for the annual state inspection in Travis County. I have a Ferrari F430 coming inbound from California and need to get that inspection completed before I can register the car, thank you!

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Its a big county. Well, not really but big enough. Which part?

3. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Hi Brian - I was also going to reach out to you! I live on 620 right next to Mansfield Dam. I used that Firestone in the Randalls shopping mall for my other cars but a little nervous about them touching the F-car.

Brian I would love to have a relationship with your shop as I will need a caretaker for her.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Lakeway Texaco has always been good to me. Lohmans Crossing and Lakeway Blvd. Watch out for radar by the school.

I'm down by the other Randalls. Stop by sometime.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    ^ Brian can take care of it.

If he's too far out, I have two options on the North side. One near my garage, the other up North a ways. We take our customer cars to have them inspected often and take care of the legwork to go through exceptions in Texas if needed.

6. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Great will try those guys, thank you Brian! I'll stop by one of these days for an intro.

7. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I've used the Porsche and the BMW service departments for the past few years. They clearly are capable on dealing with high value vehicles...

8. ezeks98

ezeks98 Rookie

Dec 30, 2014
    Austin TX
    Hey Phil, I have used that same firestone for my other cars as well. I had FoA take care of inspection when I had my car in for service. My 360 doesn't get driven much so it took a bit to get it to pass emissions. I'm sure hill country or another exotic service like FoA know some inspection spots that understand the fickle nature of Italians and can help ease the process.

9. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I could be wrong but I believe FoA sends them to an inspection shop somewhere around Airport Blvd. I can't recall the name....

10. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Thanks Brian - went to Lakeway Texaco and was in and out - good guys over there, they even let me drive the car into the garage

11. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    #11 rennspeed, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017