Fun places to drive..? | FerrariChat

Fun places to drive..?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by brian0473, Apr 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Looking for input on some fun roads to enjoy the Ferrari on in the San Antonio/hill country area. Even better if it includes a hole in the wall place to grab a burger along the way!

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well, the most recognized roads are rt's 335, 336 and 337. Places to stop: the Apple Store in Medina (not THAT Apple Store), this one has the best apple pie and strudel you'll ever eat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks Bob! Exactly what I was hoping for...and right in my backyard.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Can't tell you about the roads, but Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. Save room for pie!
    T

5. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    The OST in Bandera. Good food. Also, going out I10 West, Exit Welfare, called POPO'S. Great food and some great roads up there also. Another good place in Utopia but I can think of the name.

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Depending on where you are starting from you may consider:

Boerne as a jumping off point taking 474 , 473, 1376 up through Sisterdale

or

Comfort as a jumping off point taking 473 up to Old 9 Rd to....

"Hole in the Wall Burger Joint"
    Alamo Springs Café
    107 Alamo Rd
    Fredericksburg, TX 78624

Near Luckenbach Tx , too!

Steve

7. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    #7 LeoNewland, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Steve, if Alamo Springs if crowded with other car clubs or locals, the "The Black Pig" at 608 Alamo Rd is just down the road - both are truly 'hole in the wall' establishments! And of course, in the summer, the bats fly out of the old railroad tunnel at Bat Tunnel State Park nearby.

The Black Pig | The Black Pig; | Fredericksburg - American

Leo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Very nice, I will have to try them the next time I am down!

S

9. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    There's a cool winery (Sister Creek) in Sisterdale if you're into that sort of thing.

I don't know the area well enough to remember road numbers but the area is rife with great driving roads.

10. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    -Drive out to Bandera and take 337 out to Leakey the most beautiful road in all of Texas IMHO.
    -Also Blanco to Albert, TX is a cool drive, with the Albert Ice-house for an afternoon break.
    -The Devil's Backbone (Hwy 32 form Blanco to San Marcos) is close and Wimberly, TX is a cool town with lots of restaurants and shops. I saw someone unloading an F40 there a few years back.
    -River Road from New Braunfels to Canyon Lake is great early Sunday morning with the canyons and multiple crossings over the Guadalupe River.
    -The "Texas Autobahn" or Highway 130 is about 45 minutes down IH-10 to Seguin and ends up in Austin. Its the fastest I have ever been outside of an Airplane or Bullet Train. Highest speed limit in the USA at 85 mph.
    -Take 281 north, turn left at 473 to Kendalia then North on 1376 to Luckenbach, you will end up outside of Fredricksburg.
    - Go out IH-10 to Junction and head South down 377 till Hwy. 41 East, it puts you back on IH-10 by Kerrville.
    -I love driving in the Texas Hill Country the roads are well taken care of and enough hills to make for a fun roller coaster ride.