State inspection near Katy, Texas | FerrariChat

State inspection near Katy, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Abe_T, May 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Abe_T

Abe_T Rookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Hi, Are there any state inspection places in/around Katy, Texas (near Houston) for F430?

Few questions:

1. I am actually planning to go to California and just drive it to Katy. Can I actually do it?
    2. Or do I have to ship it and then get the state inspection done and then drive it?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Questions:

Are you buying it from a dealer or private sale?

Will it have current CA license plates on the car when you drive it to Texas?

I bought a private sale M5 in CA and drove it back to Texas.
    It had current CA plates so no problem here before I got the title transferred.

You might want to confirm your insurance status, too.

Also, look up/Google "temporary Texas tags" for some additional information

Have a dealer invoice or bill of sale with you just to show you didn't steal it before you get the title transferred.

There is a lot of information on the web regarding transferring Texas titles.

You will be dealing with a government bureaucracy so be prepared.

Good luck.

3. Abe_T

Abe_T Rookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Thanks. It will be from a private party and yes the car has current CA plates. I have sorted out the insurance. It is just the matter of activating it.

Paperwork will all be in order before I drive it. So no issues regarding stealing here :).

My main question still revolves around is state inspection. Who actually does it around Katy area? I hope someone can direct me towards a place where they had some experience.

4. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    OK

Don't know about Katy inspections. But, I know the guy that scored the first touchdown in the Katy High School football stadium.

Before you get it inspected ask the inspection station if their inspection computer is hooked up to the Texas license/title computer. So that the Texas inspection will show up on state computer when you take the title to transfer it.

You can also ask for a copy of the inspection report when you get it inspected, so that you will have it in case the inspection doesn't show up on the computer when you try to transfer the title for some reason.

Also, be sure to have the CA title owner/seller sign a Texas 130U Application for Texas Title and/or Registration when you pick up the car. This is a must have form to transfer the title.

Good luck.

5. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    Cinco Automotive inspected my 360 when I bought it a couple of years ago from out-of-state, in and out in fifteen minutes. They are at the corner or Cinco Ranch and Gaston.

6. Abe_T

Abe_T Rookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Thanks a lot @metaldriver. I will give them a call.