Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA Midwest > Texas - Sponsored by Boardwalk Ferrari

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Anyone have a nice Mondial for sale here in Texas?

The title essentially sums it up. Does anyone have a nice Mondial here in our great State that they would consider parting with or know anyone that does?

My preference is for a 3.2 or QV Coupe, but would also consider a convertible and possibly a T.

Happy Summer!

2cam
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Sid
My Garage
There's a T for sale in the Dallas area

I don't know anything about it, nor do I have any affiliation with the seller.

1992 Ferrari Mondial | eBay

Sid

PS. Forgot to Add: QV Coupes may be hard to come by. I think there were only a grand total of 69 QV Couples imported/sold in North America.

Last edited by sidtx; 06-20-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Add PS.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidtx View Post
I don't know anything about it, nor do I have any affiliation with the seller.

1992 Ferrari Mondial | eBay

Sid

PS. Forgot to Add: QV Coupes may be hard to come by. I think there were only a grand total of 69 QV Couples imported/sold in North America.
Thanks Sid. It seems that there are even fewer 3.2 coupes around as well. Not many Ts either. Interestingly, there's a black 3.2 Coupe on CL in SA and a red 8 Coupe in DFW right now.

I was just wondering if anyone on the regional, Texas forum might know of any Mondials that aren't currently on the market.

Thanks!

2cam
Old 06-20-2017, 03:54 PM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
From what I remember, Coupes are in very short supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cam View Post
Thanks Sid. It seems that there are even fewer 3.2 coupes around as well. Not many Ts either. Interestingly, there's a black 3.2 Coupe on CL in SA and a red 8 Coupe in DFW right now.

I was just wondering if anyone on the regional, Texas forum might know of any Mondials that aren't currently on the market.

Thanks!

2cam
In North America. After the "8", most Mondials sold were cabs.
I think that the situation in Europe was reversed, as most Mondials sold were Coupes and very few cabs were sold.

Except for Mondial 8's - which were only Coupes.

From memory - QV - 69 Total across all 3 years
3.2 - 85 Total
t - 43 Total

From personal experience - owning a Coupe is great (I have an 85 QV Coupe). It's quiet, comfortable, and the AC works reasonably well (keeps car cool on a 90 degree day). You can't go wrong with a coupe. The major downside is the lousy sunroof - which doesn[t work very well.

Sid
Old 06-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jeremy Cockrill
Hold out for a Euro coupe -- no sunroof!

I know you mentioned QV/3.2 (and even a T), but don't pass up a great condition 8 if one turns up. Sure, it's slower, but all of these cars are slow. (I personally would take a great condition 8 over a so-so condition QV/3.2 for the same money...)
Old 06-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidtx View Post
In North America. After the "8", most Mondials sold were cabs.
I think that the situation in Europe was reversed, as most Mondials sold were Coupes and very few cabs were sold.

Except for Mondial 8's - which were only Coupes.

From memory - QV - 69 Total across all 3 years
3.2 - 85 Total
t - 43 Total

From personal experience - owning a Coupe is great (I have an 85 QV Coupe). It's quiet, comfortable, and the AC works reasonably well (keeps car cool on a 90 degree day). You can't go wrong with a coupe. The major downside is the lousy sunroof - which doesn[t work very well.

Sid
Thanks Sid. I've watched the progress on your car and it looks great. You've done a wonderful job with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockrill View Post
Hold out for a Euro coupe -- no sunroof!

I know you mentioned QV/3.2 (and even a T), but don't pass up a great condition 8 if one turns up. Sure, it's slower, but all of these cars are slow. (I personally would take a great condition 8 over a so-so condition QV/3.2 for the same money...)
Great perspective on the 8.

Are either of you guys familiar with the 8 that's on Dallas CL right now? Nothing like a Ferrari off of CL...
Old 06-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

This is on San Antonio Craigslist

No affiliation with the seller

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/6167197583.html
Old 06-22-2017, 04:15 PM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Thanks for the kind words!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cam View Post
Thanks Sid. I've watched the progress on your car and it looks great. You've done a wonderful job with it!

Great perspective on the 8.

Are either of you guys familiar with the 8 that's on Dallas CL right now? Nothing like a Ferrari off of CL...
I'm having a ball with my QV. Both in driving, and working on it. It's been a great car.

I'd purchase an 8 in a heartbeat. As for the one on CL, I haven't seen it, and don't know anything about it. IF the description is accurate, and the car looks anything like the pics, it seems to be a good deal -- with a favorable PPI of course.

I paid 25K for my QV Coupe 2 years ago, and this one appears to be in better shape cosmetically, than my car.

I think we are going to start seeing more Mondials. At the last car show I went to (Dallas British and All European show - in May) - there were 3 of us in the Italian area. That's the first time I've seen multiple Mondials at a single show!!! There was an 8 Coupe, my QV Coupe and a 3.2 Cab. It was really cool seeing all 3 together!

Good luck with your search!!!!

Sid
Old 06-22-2017, 04:34 PM
Formula 3
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Wade
My Garage
Check with Michael, at M Brandon Motorcars in Houston, he has a 3.2 coupe that he may part with. He's also a sponsor here.

Wade
Old 06-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308nut View Post
Check with Michael, at M Brandon Motorcars in Houston, he has a 3.2 coupe that he may part with. He's also a sponsor here.

Wade
Great! Thanks Wade! I'll reach out to him.

2cam