Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Texas

Reply
 
Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston, TX USA
Full Name: Greg
Posts: 2,946
Ferrari parking at the USGP @ COTA in Nov.

I'm going to the F1 race weekend in Nov and considering bringing my 328GTB. Are there special provisions for Ferrari parking during this event? Seems like I heard last year FOC members could park their F car for free for the weekend. I'm actually not a FOC member currently but it may be less $$ to join rather than pay the CRAZY parking fees for the F1 event.

Anybody have any insight regarding this?
Thanks,
Greg in Houston
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:46 AM
jimpo1's Avatar
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Full Name: Jim E
Posts: 17,643
FCA has made arrangements for parking at the track.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:54 AM
DIGMAN52's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas Texas
Full Name: Philip C
Posts: 2,532
They have moved the Ferrari Parking from the lot near the turn 12 seating. It is now across the ring road, and was a gravel lot last year. Parking Lot F.

May be paved, but do not know.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:01 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston, TX USA
Full Name: Greg
Posts: 2,946
Thank you both but, is there a parking fee charged if one is an FCA member? Weighing options, not currently an FCA member.
Greg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM
DIGMAN52's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas Texas
Full Name: Philip C
Posts: 2,532
Yes there is a fee.

$182.78 after ttl
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Jagbuff's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Site of US F1 Race!
Full Name: frenchie
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg328 View Post
I'm going to the F1 race weekend in Nov and considering bringing my 328GTB. Are there special provisions for Ferrari parking during this event? Seems like I heard last year FOC members could park their F car for free for the weekend. I'm actually not a FOC member currently but it may be less $$ to join rather than pay the CRAZY parking fees for the F1 event.

Anybody have any insight regarding this?
Thanks,
Greg in Houston
...for free, nothing is free at COTA . I drove my 360CS and Citroen SM and parked at the airport, clearly the fastest way in and out of the track on race (faster than some of my neighbors that were using helies)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Karting
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southwest TX
Full Name: Ray
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagbuff View Post
...for free, nothing is free at COTA . I drove my 360CS and Citroen SM and parked at the airport, clearly the fastest way in and out of the track on race (faster than some of my neighbors that were using helies)
That is a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston, TX USA
Full Name: Greg
Posts: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagbuff View Post
...for free, nothing is free at COTA . I drove my 360CS and Citroen SM and parked at the airport, clearly the fastest way in and out of the track on race (faster than some of my neighbors that were using helies)
Yes, but... I heard a rumor that last year Ferraris were parking for free. This is not true?

Not a cheapskate, but not a sucker either. $200 for parking is ludicrous.

Greg
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagbuff View Post
...for free, nothing is free at COTA . I drove my 360CS and Citroen SM and parked at the airport, clearly the fastest way in and out of the track on race (faster than some of my neighbors that were using helies)
Was there a shuttle to and from the airport for the track every day?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-25-2013, 09:41 AM
jimpo1's Avatar
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Full Name: Jim E
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg328 View Post
Yes, but... I heard a rumor that last year Ferraris were parking for free. This is not true?

Not a cheapskate, but not a sucker either. $200 for parking is ludicrous.

Greg
I didn't hesitate to buy parking again this year after what I witnessed last year. I'm not going to wait to get on a bus and still have to walk a mile after it drops me off. I'd rather get out of my car, walk 5 minutes and be at the track. It's even better after the race, there's my car. I walk to it and drive away. No waiting in line with 50k other people for a bus ride to a parking garage. It was well worth the cost.

Parking was not free for Ferrari's last year.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 AM
DNJS328's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arlington, TX
Full Name: Don P.
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpo1 View Post
I didn't hesitate to buy parking again this year after what I witnessed last year. I'm not going to wait to get on a bus and still have to walk a mile after it drops me off. I'd rather get out of my car, walk 5 minutes and be at the track. It's even better after the race, there's my car. I walk to it and drive away. No waiting in line with 50k other people for a bus ride to a parking garage. It was well worth the cost.

Parking was not free for Ferrari's last year.
+1

Got my weekend parking pass as well. Parking right outside turn 12. Tailgate party anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-26-2013, 02:43 PM
FCOnyx's Avatar
Karting
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Round Rock, TX
Full Name: Jeff
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNJS328 View Post
Got my weekend parking pass as well. Parking right outside turn 12. Tailgate party anyone?
Don, I've had my tix for the GP for months, but haven't gotten a parking pass yet (didn't have my FCar then). Would love to join in w/the other FCA guys. Where did you get your pass? Via the FCA, directly from the COTA F1 site, or elsewhere?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Karting
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southwest TX
Full Name: Ray
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCOnyx View Post
Don, I've had my tix for the GP for months, but haven't gotten a parking pass yet (didn't have my FCar then). Would love to join in w/the other FCA guys. Where did you get your pass? Via the FCA, directly from the COTA F1 site, or elsewhere?
There's a link on FCA web page. Look for Texas events/ formula one.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-26-2013, 05:13 PM
FCOnyx's Avatar
Karting
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Round Rock, TX
Full Name: Jeff
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ray View Post
There's a link on FCA web page. Look for Texas events/ formula one.
Thx Ray!(?) Just picked up a pass.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:05 PM
DNJS328's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arlington, TX
Full Name: Don P.
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCOnyx View Post
Don, I've had my tix for the GP for months, but haven't gotten a parking pass yet (didn't have my FCar then). Would love to join in w/the other FCA guys. Where did you get your pass? Via the FCA, directly from the COTA F1 site, or elsewhere?
Through the FCA website as well. Glad you were able to get them. I would have responded earlier but just returned from a Rush watching party. Great movie! Highly recommend.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:39 PM
BigTex's Avatar
Six Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Full Name: Bubba
Posts: 60,086
Talking

Just wait until you stand in a Food Vendor line.....LOL!

See you there...
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #17  
Old 10-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Rookie
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Full Name: Bill
Posts: 39
We will ALL see each other in those food lines!! I also parked in Turn 12 lot last year and had no trouble. However; this year we are further away and doubt the new (different)lot is paved because it wasn't last year. BigTex would be the one to confirm 2013 status.

I am another FChat meeting participant!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.