1/12 models (Tamiya/Kyosho/Autoart) | Page 15 | FerrariChat

1/12 models (Tamiya/Kyosho/Autoart)

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by mattymouse33, Apr 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong

haha, you are in another league for me Michael!

2. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr

Micheal, amasing collection, 13 Ferrari...you can do a Cavalino Classic miniature alone or somethimg like that...

when are you decide to do one shoot alll ferrari all lambo side by side?
    must to be very impresionating.

best
    Christian

3. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Have you taken them out of the box yet?? ;)

4. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    Oh i dont think you want to know it..... well like i said, im still looking for a cabinet to expose them so no, i havent take them out of the box yet. I found a all glass cabinet at diecast store but it cost 1200$, it seems expensive but when i think about it, my McLaren LM alone cost about the same...

5. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

I would just go to a glass works and have them design the shape and size you wish, I did with 10mm thick glass. Ended up costing £26/shelf but so worth it. The brackets cost £6 each

6. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    Thanks for the advice. I dont really know where can i find a glass works in Montreal, i dont even know how that is called in french. Anyone can help??

7. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    you got the wing yet?

8. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004

The list is not the end, there were more than that...

I just won another PMA Grey Mclaren F1 to replace my damaged one. and I finally bought a Kyosho Vanquish Street Silver....

9. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    Will you sell you damage grey McLaren F1? I might be interested if the price is not to high.

and no, i havent receive the wing yet, I completely forgot to pay. So i don't know if he have send me the wing yet.

10. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004

Maybe, I have to see the one arrived and decide...

I did plan to make some conversion to my 2 damaged Mclaren F1 (one grey and one silver)

11. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    Sounds good.

Michael, do you have any info on the 1/12 McLaren F1 Tag Heuer? Is it a model from PMA or just some custom?

12. Vector W8

Vector W8 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vector W8 015
    #362 Vector W8, Feb 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    it is custom, there was one in auctions last month at Ebay, and I lost to a New Zealand bidder...

14. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Any news on the Murcie Roadster?

ANy new models coming out on 1/12?

15. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    no news of Murcielago Roadster............

new 1/12 models............ um........... something you won't interest.........

16. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Dont worry Mike, I'll help you with your English. Did you mean to say "something you wont like" or "no, there are none" :D

Matthew

17. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    NOPE. I mean what I said in last post....

There are some new 1/12 models, which I believe you won't interested in buying it.

18. kakachi

kakachi Rookie

Jul 16, 2007
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Cal C
    Hi guys,

I've always been collecting scale cars. Started with 1/18 Buragos some 17 years back, and progressed to 1/43 for space reasons. Have tons of Pauls Model Art/ Minichamps and Bangs. Then moved on to BBR 1/43 and so on.

I haven't been collecting for quite some then until I chanced into a local model shop last week and got myself a Tamiya Enzo Red 1/12 on impulse. Needles to say, I paid too much for it (about US$550) after I found out what I could get on ebay.

Am thinking of acquiring more of these fine models. Woud like some advice and opinion of which ones to acquire first, knowing that some of these are 'limited' or may already be out of production.....I understand the Kyoshos are getting rather rare even on ebay.

1. Tamiya Enzo Black
    2. Tamiya F50 Red
    3. Tamiya F50 Yellow
    4. Kyosho F40 Red
    5. Kyosho F40 Yellow
    6. Kyosho F40 Lightweight ed.
    7. Tamiya Porsche Carrera GT silver
    8.Tamiya Porsche Carrera GT yellow

Thanks! :)

19. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

All the shops by me have them in stock....if you look you can find them.

20. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hi,

Good to see you'll be collecting 1/12's. To be honest you'll find any of those on E-bay and there not really that hard to find. Others of interest may be the McLaren F1, Viper (less quality but very good value), Lambo Murcielago and Gallardo and the Merc CLK- GTR.

Cheers

21. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    Then Mclaren F1 LM / GTR, Ferrari F50GT, Lamborghini Diablo, etc...

22. kakachi

kakachi Rookie

Jul 16, 2007
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Cal C
    Tks for the advice there guys. There are indeed a whole lot of other models available out there but I'm gonna try my hand at collecting the mass market ones and then move on to the extremely limited and handbuilt ones at a later stage. Looks like one would need a rather healthy bank account not to mention real estate and cabinet space to display one's stable of 1/12 collections hahaha.

23. kakachi

kakachi Rookie

Jul 16, 2007
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Cal C
    Was kinda looking forward to getting this and walked into a local retail shop which was selling it quite a competitive price. They had 3 of these to choose from, incl. the display model. Opened the first one and noticed that the top of the model (the roof) was scratched. Probably caused by poor packaging.
    The second one had the "Ferrari" badge on the rear dislogded, and so did the display model. I was wondering if this is typical of the quality control, and ended up walking away and not buying any.

While the model felt good a very 'solid' and looks good from far, I was kinda disappointed by the lack of detail on the little things like a lack of tyre markings, underbody details, etc.

Looks like the Tamiya 1/12 Enzo still has a lot more detail in comparison.

24. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I think the Kyosho F40's are the best 1/12's out there. I have the "Light Weight" as well, and mine is perfect. Maybe you saw a few that were tampered with. As I have never heard of any complaints about the way they package them. Either way, I always inspect my models before I buy them.

25. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I would agree with Sinister's point, the Kyoshos and Autoarts are the best in terms of quality. Maybe Tamiya have more detail but the only issues I've ever had with my 10+ 1/12's have been with the Tamiyas.

Just be warned about the Tamiya, dont buy unless you see it in the flesh