175HR400 Tyres | FerrariChat

175HR400 Tyres

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Longstone Tyres, Apr 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

Would anyone be interested in 175R400 tyres again?

I think quite a few Vintage Ferrrai had millimetres 400 mm wheels fitted and could have fitted 165R400, 175R400 or 185R400 tyres.

It is all a bit vague getting any kind of evidence about what fitted what, however, i think Ferrari tended towards the 175R400.

For ever we have had Michelin X 165SR400 & 185SR400, which is great because of course the X was the first, These tyres are initially associated with the Citroen traction avant, but because of the dramatically improved performance of the radial tyre over a crossply the likes of Ferrari started to fit them,, and Borrani were making 400mm wheels for all sorts of cars..

Then of course in the early 50s Pirelli brought out the Cinturato who very quickly of course started making radial tyres for imperial 16", 15", 14", 13" & 12" wheels. I digress.

The exciting news is that by the end of the month i should have stock of 175HR400 Pirelli CA67. I will have a link for you to place orders on soon. We have had the 165HR400 Cinturato for some time now, but no one has made a 175HR400 for years, so good news

Dougal

2. paulvv

paulvv Rookie

Feb 20, 2006
    Hello Dougal,

Will the tires have DOT rating? Prices?

Thanks in advance

Paul

3. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    OK

This tyre is a difficult tyre to justify manufacturing because the demand is very small. the drive to get this tyre made has been helped by it being the anniversary of the Lancia Flaminia Coupe, that being pretty much the most mass produced car that fitted this tyre as OE.

The good news is that because Pirelli have worked to get this tyre ready for the Flaminia anniversary they are making an introductory offer, until the 15th of May of € 200 or £ 170 which you might want to take advantage of.

You can buy them on here 175HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 | Longstone Tyres they are not yet in stock, i expect them in the next couple of weeks, but please place back orders.

It is a pretty good thing that Pirelli have gone into making such a unpopular tyre size, so i am keen to give them as much support as possible so please tell your friends.

And yes they should be DOT listed

4. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

I beleive that Someone has contacted Lucas tyres to discuss the new 175HR400 and was told that Pirelli were not planning on making this tyre.

Sorry to say this news is so new Russ on the phones didn't know about the tyre which i believe he now knows is coming so you can order them from them now. Though it isn't as yet on their web site. Pirelli Cinturato

Dougal

5. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Dougal, May I ask whatever happened to the Pirelli Corsa (Stelvio) reproduction tire that was being planned? There was a photo a few years back.

6. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    #6 Longstone Tyres, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hmm, sort of on the back burner a bit, but i do believe it will happen, though probably not this year.

The first plan is to make some 600X16 Stella Bianchi, like this. And if these are of interest, then the range will be expanded.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal