1979 308GTS | FerrariChat

1979 308GTS

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ragtop1, Sep 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    #1 ragtop1, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    August 2017 - just received cam belt service along with brake pads, rebuilt calipers, remove rad for service and flush, replace coolant, new thermostat, new radiator fan switch, oil/filter change, transmission oil change, Redline gear oil, new brake fluid, other smaller items were addressed. I have owned the car since 2006 and have the service history since then. In 2010, the engine and transmission were rebuilt, as well as the Weber carburetors and a new kevlar clutch. All rubber hoses, gas lines replaced. The clock, power antenna and power windows work. The A/C compressor was removed at my request during the cam belt change. The A/C hasn't worked for 2 years as it requires R12 freon which is not available in Canada. The compressor is still intact, boxed up and comes with the car. The car has no emissions equipment. It was not re-installed after the engine rebuild. Comes with tool kit, jack kit, spare tire and manual. I also have printed copies of the workshop and parts manuals that are a necessity for the do it yourself-er. The original Metric wheels and tires were replaced by 16" Superformance wheels with Goodyear Eagle tires.Original metric wheels are still available if desired. New Nardi steering wheel. Alpine AM/FM cassette player. Original fuse blocks with no issues. I imported the car from California.

The car is a lot of fun to drive and shifts nicely in all gears. It starts right up and runs well. The mechanic said it could use some carb tweaking as it is running rich.

front bumper has been modified and pushed in
    rear bumper fiberglass euro version
    41000 miles

1979 Ferrari 308GTS
    engine serial # F106AE00900 chassis serial # F106AS*26533*
    build date Nov. '78.
    asking $65,000 USD

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Good luck on the sale Larry !