1983 Ferrari 308 R.H. Electric Fan has come loose | FerrariChat

1983 Ferrari 308 R.H. Electric Fan has come loose

Discussion in '308/328' started by ajr308, Sep 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajr308

ajr308 Rookie

Aug 20, 2017
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Al
    I am new to Ferrari chat and I have a 1983 Ferrari 308 where the right hand electric fan has come loose. I was looking to see what is the best way to tighten the fan back down. It is in a very tight spot. Any ideas on how to get to it? thank you in advance.

2. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    If you are referring to the blower fan behind the grill, there are several ways to gain access. Probably the best is to remove the front wheel, and then the panel in the front of the wheel well. The fan casing has little tabs to mount it, and these can break off - pretty easy to make up new ones.

3. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    The radiator fan on my '82 308GTSi was easily removed by taking out the front grill. The heater motor was easily removed by the access panel in the front wheel well.

4. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have the same issue. I'm going to tackle this during the week.

5. ajr308

ajr308 Rookie

Aug 20, 2017
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thank you for getting back to me. I am referring to the electric fan blower under the right wheel whale. It is used to blow air into the driving compartment. There is one on the left side and one on the right side. I can get my hand down through the front right side, but have no access to tighten the screws. It looks like the picture below.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    My '82 308GTSi has an access panel in the front wheel well front side once removed gives open and full access to the blower motor.

7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Be careful with those plastic brackets - they can snap easily. Or actually - they will snap, at some point.

There's a couple DYIs on the forum to retrofit and strengthen the housing mount, if you need to go that route.