Sold - 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 Grey $78K | FerrariChat

Sold 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 Grey $78K

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by daveyator, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    #1 daveyator, May 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm selling my 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider. VIN ZFFY53A910123889 I too need to downsize (kids in college among other things). Grigio Titanio (I've also heard it called silverstone metallic) with black leather interior. 18600 mi. California car with a little time in Vegas. F1 transmission. Power seats. All stock except for the radio which an Alpine head unit with bluetooth and usb. Newish Hankook tires with less than 1500mi on them. Factory shields. Clear bra. Excellent condition with these exceptions: A MINOR ding on the passenger door (it's so hard to see that I can't get a decent picture of it), only one key fob, the up down portion of the drivers electric seat doesn't work, drivers door lock switch doesn't work. Has maintenance records including copy of original sales invoice. Belts last done 6/13 at 11300mi. Air blows cold but has to be recharged yearly. I've had it looked at twice and the shop says the system is fine. This is a truly nice Ferrari that someone will get at a great price. Sale is final. No express or implied warranty of any sort. No test drive without serious intent to buy. $78000 OBO but save the lowballing for someone else. I hate selling it but would like to see it go a fellow F chatter....or good home at least.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Correction to VIN ZFFYT53A910123889......forgot the "T" above.

3. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Bump. Not sure if going to sell it at this point but someone asked about it. Frankly just re finding my ad!

4. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    love the 360 in silver-gray with black .......good idea to bump your ad periodically.

5. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
  6. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    That ding should PDR out, why not get it fixed?

7. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Yes I know. I will prob get it fixed and possibly serviced.

8. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    I've pretty much decided to keep her but in the name of bumping the small door dent is fixed .

9. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If I had room for another one, I'd be PMing ya. She's a beauty, with a couple faults, but your price is very decent.

10. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Yep space is always limiting.

11. Dla

Dla Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Jacksonville FL
    Full Name:
    Lee Anderson
    Is this car located in CA? I seem to remember it being for sale in GA a few years back
    Thanks<
    DLA

12. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Yes in So Cal. I've owned it since 6/14. Car was never in GA. Vegas and So Cal.

13. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Just bumping to keep track of my ad. She's not really for sale BUT an offer is an offer. Will be getting a major service this month.

14. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    A sale of sorts. I haven't gotten to the major service but will on 7/20. I'll take 67K without the service. After it will be more or I will possibly keep her.

15. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    bump. Being serviced at Fast Cars

16. parkerg52

parkerg52 Karting

Sep 8, 2016
    Still available?

17. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Yes still available. Getting major service plus a few additional items taken care of. This car should be as close to 100% as is reasonably possible. I've been accused of not being up front about this car. It has a FULL service history including the original sales invoice (sold for a stunning 312k in 2001). I'll answer any and all questions about it. I'm not hiding anything about this car. I really would like to see it go to a decent home so to speak.

18. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Did you mean $212K? My '03 is optioned well beyond yours and didn't touch $200K

19. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
  20. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #21 arizonaitalian, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Yikes - someone paid >$100,000 over MSRP for this car "at some point"? Was the ferrari market that hot in the days after 9/11? Or was that sale just prior to a bubble burst (when was that invoice)? Amazing (even Speciale's were had for less than $100k over msrp)

21. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #22 arizonaitalian, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Grigio Silverstone and Grigio Titanio are two different colors. I'm not sure Grigio Silverstone was even available in 2001...check the paint sticker to be sure which one it is...(example of the sticker below)

22. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Says payments to start 8/15/01. I always assumed it was gotta have first syndrome. I THINK the spider came out in 2001 so that might have precipitated the price. My car is definitely Grigio titanio.

23. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    #24 daveyator, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    So you want full disclosure and imply I'm not giving it?

6/14/14 Car purchased 85k 13433mi
    6/21/14 On smog rack with dealership employee cars takes several minutes to shift into gear.
    6/23/14 Fuel sender fail. CEL light. Car difficult to shift into reverse. Dropped to neutral once. Seatbelt twisted. A/C not cold. All items fixed. No shifting issue found. 13859mi
    10/28/14 Oil change. Car has dropped to neutral several times when shifting. Clutch shows 91% remaining. No shifting issue found. 15213mi
    11/13/14. Bent a rim. Wheel repaired with new tire. 15321mi
    1/19/15 Drivers window hesitates to shut but does. Cars has dropped to neutral several times when shifting. Left front seat switch inop. Left front door won&#8217;t lock. Replaced F1 pump, F1 relay. Re learned clutch although not noted. Left the the door items for later as not critical.
    3/6/15-5/2/15 CEL. Car drops to neutral in traffic and stalls. Gets barely running an limps to dealership. Code for F1 sensor. Upon transmission disassembly find throwout bearing failed. Have difficulty diagnosing rough idle. Finally replace mass air sensors and remaining O2 sensors. Installed stock starfish rims and Hankook tires. 16067-16406mi. Mileage range due to multiple test drives during maintenance.
    8/1715 A/C recharge. 16825mi
    As of this last repair car has run snd shifted perfectly. I&#8217;ve recharge the A/C myself once. I think lack of use is the only A/C as it works fine when used regularly.
    5/1/16-5/1/17 Suspension light comes on and goes off. Car on consignment in a dealership
    51/17 take car back out of consignment.
    7/21/17 Car dropped off at different Ferrari shop for major service. Belts 4 yrs old and oil change 2yrs old is reason. Operationally car is fine. Shop finds sagging motor mounts, transmission mounting brackets broken, brakes and rotors at low limit along with sinking brake pedal. All items being fixed along with the previous drivers seat switch and drivers lock mechanism. Suspension light is being reset due to differing codes. Thought is to see if it comes back on the exact item can be found. Hesitating window still shuts advised to leave it till it fails not serious. 19800ish mi

When the car gets back from this service it&#8217;ll be as close to 100% as I know how to make it. I&#8217;ll get it a full set of FOBs when I get to it. Its been implied that I&#8217;m hiding things or not fully disclosing what I know about this car. This narrative is as complete a story about my 3 years with this car as I can write.

24. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I've seen your car a few times. The last time I saw it, 12 October 2014, was when you brought it to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills for the FNA/FCA 60th Anniversary of Ferrari in the USA event.

FastCars still had it in June, 2013, and I didn't first see it at CNC until February, 2014, so how come FastCars didn't fix the aforementioned issues before CNC got it? When I saw it at CNC, 26 February 2014, there was a Fast Cars, Ltd. service invoice (invoice #: 201310016) sitting on the passenger's seat, dated 07 October 2013, closed/paid 01 November 2013. Part of the invoice detailed addressing a coolant leak about which the then-customer complained - so if FCL knew about the issues you mentioned in your other thread, why didn't they address them during the previous owner's ownership? More so, did they sell or otherwise relinquish the car to CNC without disclosing the issues you mentioned? And if CNC acquired the car through the previous owner, is it possible that CNC didn't notice the issues you mentioned, especially if they received the car complete with recent FCL service documentation receipts, such as the one I just mentioned, from November, 2013?

By the way, the name of your car's paint color is Grigio Titanio.