2016 NFL Season | Page 64 | FerrariChat

2016 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PhilNotHill, Mar 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL

2. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I recall that clearly. It was late in the game, Peyton Manning and the Colts were hot and were moving the ball against their paper defense, and Belichik knew if he punted the ball then Manning would have drove his team down the field for the winning FG.

I agreed with that call at the time, he was playing to win.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I also recall it clearly and I still say Kevin Faulk made the first down, but there was a terrible spot by the officials. :(

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was the only one to pick Philly in a different pool.

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ariens went for the first down on fourth and one from the Sea 21 yard line. They failed. Had they kicked the field goal they probably would have won the game.

Should Ariens be fired. No...he didn't lose the game. But he should be put on probation with a warning. ;)

Ariens is ranting that the Seahawk player touched the center when he jumped over the line and blocked what would have been a winning field goal. A flag was thrown and then later picked up. No penalty was assessed.

Of course Pee Wee Sherman was up to his dirty play as usual. They actually called him on it once. He gets away with it 90% of the time. So why wouldn't he keep doing it. Amazing.

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't forget the clock mismanagement at the end of the 1st half, when they ran out of time, and could have easily kicked a 35-yarder (or so), that too would have sealed the game.

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    More than 90%....99% IMHO

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It wasn't a penalty for touching the centre on his way over him (Wagner hurdled the centre on his way to blocking the FG, his left foot grazed the centre's back), but it should have been a penalty for not lining up 1 yard outside his shoulder pads.

There was another PI that wasn't called, eerily similar to the Julio Jones last week (one of the arms held and locked).

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That was weird. That's gotta be the oddest game that I listened to in a long time. Can't wait to see what the ratings are…T

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I was listening, so did not see him. Did he graze the center? Was this the first or second time Wagner did this? I wonder why they didn't alter their snap count to foil his timing, especially after it happened once, and considering that Seattle has one this before (Kam Chancellor, wasn't it?!?)…T

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He did touch him, and it was the first time.

Wagner did it again later in the game, but did not touch anyone the second time.

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Fitz doesn't fit and gives people fits.

He threw Gang Green mgt under the bus after they put him into the game to fill in for Geno. "They don't believe in me." OK Tinker Bell, have you looked at your $12 million paycheck lately?

He has no future with the Jets. They have four QBs. It's time to give those benchwarmers some playing experience.

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Agree 1000% What he said is true, but perhaps best left unsaid, & it's not like he didn't give them ample reason to bench him. Bryce Petty & Christian Hackenburg need to be developed. Other teams have done it. Jets need to see what they got...T

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I believe in Fitzy.

With 6 TD's, 11 INT's and a passer rating of 66.4, I believe he sucks.

I would give up on him and Geno and move on to the other two QB's on the roster.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That may be the funniest post of the day. If he's gonna poor mouth the team, they should park his sorry butt on the bench...T

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Meanwhile, I am really looking forward to tonight's game. It should be a good one. At least it has a great story line with Brock returning.

I picked Houston because I like that team, so it was with my heart and not my head. The line is now Denver -8. If I were betting I would take the points, because I think Houston can keep it to at least a one touchdown game.

Either way I expect it will not be the clunker we saw on Sunday night football.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

It'd have to go a long way to "top" last night's game. That was tedious. Both teams should get a loss...T

21. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Funny, you think the world of Kubiak and believe Brock is a bottom feeder.

I think Kubiak is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. Talk about someone how can't adjust. I dunno, maybe the water is different in Colorado.

Brock ain't the best I've ever seen, but at least he can throw the ball (sometimes even to his own team). Compared to the dink, dink, dink of the Kubiak years. He's a lot more fun to watch.

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ I am interested to see if Brock can build off of last week's victory and do better from here on out. My unprofessional opinion, is that he may do that, but it won't start tonight against the stingy defense of Denver. I also think he may need a new coach with a system that can better utilize his specific talents. Regardless, like Paul, I am looking forward to see how Brock does against Denver tonight...T

23. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Very true indeed

24. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #1599 PhilNotHill, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Kuubs won the superbowl and beat NE to get there. Had a huge qb problem to work with during the year and Manning was not his usual stellar self. He had a miserable year. Led the league in interceptions until he had to stop playing due to injuries.

Brockweiller has more interceptions this season than every qb in the NFL except Fitz NYJ.

Siemian has the best QBR in the NFL in the fourth quarter. His total qbr (92.4) is much better than Brock (74.1). and makes about $11.5 million a year less. Sounds like good mgt and coaching to me. ;)

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    PNH... All true, but Elway was prepared to pay Brock $16M / yr (was that the #?). Houston just saved him from that mistake (at least 8 weeks in) by offering Brock more...T