2017-2018 Silly Season | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2017-2018 Silly Season

Discussion in 'F1' started by vinuneuro, May 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Put Max in a shiney, red car........that will liven up Formula 1. Can't wait ! I bet Vettel can't either.......then again, maybe he can.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That would make me pretty damn happy!

Mind you I'd be very pleased with Ricci there also, but Max would be cherry on the cake

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ricci lot a bit of spark to me...Max seems to be faster..but i don't like petulant childs...hope leclerc will come good and Ocon...

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Is Verstappen a petulant kid? I think he is far from that.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..i forget to add rude and arrogant...but no doubt , he's top notch as a driver...

6. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Max has a bit to be hacked off about ! Going back to the pits for an early bath, for 4 or is it 5 races out of 7 ?......who of his calibre wouldn't be a bit petulant ? Vettel would have chucked his toys out of the pram long before he'd scored 4 DNF's.

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IMO Ricci is driving as well as ever (so as good as last year and 2014), Max has just evolved from being pretty damn good in 2015/16 to even higher levels.
    +1

+1

Look at Hamilton with his DNF last year, we'll never hear the end of it, ever! Claims of sabotage and whatnot. Vettel was actually quite good with retirements, he takes the Schumacher approach regarding that IMO. Back in 2010 he's had some deeply unfortunate car breakages and he kept it all together and didn't blame the team at all, and won the title in the end ;).

Verstappen is of course just 19, I think his reaction is pretty good so far. He knows what he can do with that car, and for it continuously being taken away from him and his teammate (who was in worse positions every single time) to keep getting podiums of it is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sounding more confirmed--

Daniil Kvyat set to remain with Toro Rosso F1 squad for 2018 season - F1 - Autosport

Daniil Kvyat looks set to remain at the Toro Rosso Formula 1 team in 2018 after Red Bull bosses indicated they would take up an option on his contract.

The Russian has four points from the first nine races of the season compared to team-mate Carlos Sainz's haul of 29, but looked likely to score points in two of the four most recent races before retiring for reasons outside of his control.

Kvyat endured a tough Austrian Grand Prix, finishing last on the road after picking up a drivethrough penalty for triggering a first corner incident that involved Fernando Alonso and Max Verstappen.

Despite saying he was unlikely to stay at Toro Rosso for a fourth season Sainz has been retained by for 2018, and Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said on Sunday that Kvyat was also likely to be confirmed for a further year.

When asked if Kvyat's option had been taken up, Horner said: "Not yet but I cannot see a scenario where it won't be.

"He has actually driven a pretty sensible season so far, so the likelihood is that it will be taken up in the relatively near future."

That will likely mean Red Bull reserve Pierre Gasly will spend another year without a seat in Formula 1.

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Kvyat is terrible

10. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    I really can't understand how he's hanging on to his seat. The RB junior talent pipeline must be drying up. Or they think that Verstappen or Ricciardo AND Sainz are genuine flight risks. Historically they have cut drivers who they don't think are material for the senior team so it's a mystery why he's still around.

11. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Where there is smoke there is fire, I bet either Ricciardo or Max have a way to take Kimi's seat next year. I cannot see how they would keep Kvyat otherwise.

12. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    I still think ricciardo is one of the quickest guys out there. His quali and one lap pace aren't on par with max, but he's easier on the tires and much more consistent

I really think max is too hard on the cars. He's blindingly fast. Almost like Tom cruise in days of thunder. Super fast but needs to harness his talent

13. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Surely Kvyatt has some money backing? and if no one knows that then it's some backdoor stuff because it's the only way he's still around.

14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    In contrast to his comments about Alonso (definitive no), Marchionne was more cryptic about Max. He basically said nothing has been signed yet and we'll know before the end of the year

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sauber - Honda engine deal apparently in tatters (bullet dodged!).

I'm going to say: Wehrlein or Ericsson out (I say this because Ericsson is Swedish, Sauber is owned by Swedes), Ferrari sponsors Leclerc seat. Hopefully they finally get 2018 engines as well!

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Brundle predicts a massive bidding war for Verstappen between Ferrari and Mercedes...

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Max is actually managing the tires better...

18. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    in the two races they didn't DNF.
    China- Max 3rd Dan 4th
    Monaco- Max 5th Dan 3rd.

Everyone is in love with Max, and i think he's extremely talented, but Dan keeps on scoring, keeps his head down,and for some reason his car isn't breaking down as much as Max. Whether its crap luck or driver, Max gets more DNF's. Last year Dan had ZERO DNF's to Max's 2 while they were both at Red Bull. This year he has 2 max has 5, 2 of those were crashes(possible clutch issue this weekend).

Max may be the faster qualifier and faster racer, but i'd rather have Dan on my team. [Insert standard Senna V Prost comparison here]

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    So based off this rumor and the McLaren one, quite unbelievably Ferrari could possibly supply both Sauber AND McLaren with power supplies! This would be sensational.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

That would be interesting!

21. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Plus Haas with it's alfa badged engines

22. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My prediction:

Ferrari:
    1) Vettel
    2) Ricciardo

Mercedes:
    1) Alonso or Hamilton (if Bottas beats Hamilton)
    2) Bottas

Red Bull:
    1) Verstappen (Marko said they won't release him even for 100m)
    2) Sainz

Leclerc in at either Sauber or Haas

Rest isn't really ''silly season'' worthy is it.

24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Haas may use Alfa Romeo power in 2018

Alfa Romeo could enter Formula 1 in 2018 as an engine supplier to Haas F1 according to Germany's Auto Bild. This follows a statement from Ferrari's president Sergio Marchionne, who said that the name "should be reiterated as a sports brand and consider the possibility to race in F1." Marchionne also added that this return would be in collaboration with Ferrari.

In the report from Auto Bild, it is suggested that Haas' customer engines from Ferrari would bear the name of Alfa Romeo and that this in turn, could allow the Italian automotive giant to place Antonio Giovinazzi at Haas due to the Italian driver being Ferrari's reserve for 2017.

Haas joined Formula 1 in 2016 and is the newest team on the current grid. Its drivers currently are Romain Grosjean, and Kevin Magnussen, while Giovinazzi is undertaking testing roles for the team which will see him take part in a number of FP1 sessions for the remainder of 2017 - the first of which will be this weekend at the British Grand Prix. With Kevin Magnussen signed at the team in 2018 however, and with it looking probable that Grosjean will continue his relationship with the American outfit, it is hard to imagine that Giovinazzi could join the team next season.

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/228920/haas-may-use-alfa-romeo-power-in-2018

25. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    I think Ricci would be tailor-made for Ferrari. Much better than Perez IMO (and I'm from Mexico), and a much likeable and marketable guy as well, which is also part of the Ferrari allure (the marketing side of things). Max would clash with Vettel IMO, and don't think Ferrari wants that, now that the team seems to finally getting its act together. Ricci seems much more of a team-player than Max. If Ricci is doable, I think Ferrari will kick Kimmi out. If not, they might keep him another year. We'll find out soon enough.