250 california serial | FerrariChat

250 california serial

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by wera, Mar 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wera

wera Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    france
    #1 wera, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi,
    i would like to know the serial number of this 250 california my father bought early 1962 or end of 61. We didn't have lot's of conversations about the car, i was young, and the life decide. I have only two pictures of the car and zero paper and know that he kept it only a few months. He also had the cab on third picture.
    He was in switzerland at the moment, he met an italian pilot who argue about this fabulous car and my father went to pick it in Italy, Turini or Modena? and he also met someone important maybee Pininfarina. He went the same year in sweden with the car.
    I don't have much more informations except a few anecdotes, and a child friend of him who will be 90 in a few weeks.
    My main lead in my research is the radio antenna location, i found 3 cars with antenna who anyway could have been removed on others models : 2561, 2891 and 3095 wich is the only one i found with the same antenna location, the date 61/62 and his geographical situation betwen La Chaud de Fond and Lausanne may be a clue.
    If he bought it as a fresh new car at the factory, that i believe, Ferrari must have a record about it but i don't know who i could join there.
    Our family name is absolutly not known in car history and i can give it to anyone who could help me.
    Thank you very much for any input, and please excuse my english.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/sofraditest/albums
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wera

wera Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    france
    #2 wera, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi,
    i would like to know the serial number of this 250 california my father bought early 1962 or end of 61. We didn't have lot's of conversations about the car, i was young, and the life decide. I have only two pictures of the car and zero paper and know that he kept it only a few months. He also had the cab on third picture.
    He was in switzerland at the moment, he met an italian pilot who argue about this fabulous car and my father went to pick it in Italy, Turini or Modena? and he also met someone important maybee Pininfarina. He went the same year in sweden with the car.
    I don't have much more informations except a few anecdotes, and a child friend of him who will be 90 in a few weeks.
    My main lead in my research is the radio antenna location, i found 3 cars with antenna who anyway could have been removed on others models : 2561, 2891 and 3095 wich is the only one i found with the same antenna location, the date 61/62 and his geographical situation betwen La Chaud de Fond and Lausanne may be a clue.
    If he bought it as a fresh new car at the factory, that i believe, Ferrari must have a record about it but i don't know who i could join there.
    Our family name is absolutly not known in car history and i can give it to anyone who could help me.
    Thank you very much for any input, and please excuse my english.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/sofraditest/albums