250 PF Coupe ... | Page 28 | FerrariChat

250 PF Coupe ...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by djaffrey, Dec 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

That is correct. The owners information on his website is misleading. I do not believe any PF coupe was raced othere than the ice racing mentioned above. This is also one of the reasons that PF coupes have taken so long to appreciate. Anyone please correct me.

2. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Misleading maybe, but not entirely incorrect. I hope that would be the case with barchetta.cc too; a site that is constantly quoted for facts on this site. It isn't.

As far as I know, this car was never in Sweden and it definitely was never raced on ice, period.

Best wishes, Kare

3. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
  4. t walgamuth

t walgamuth Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2005
    yeah,i saw that one too. looks like the headlight trim is painted.

tom w

5. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Just wanted to bring this back up to compare content between this and the new registry.

Regards,

Art S.

6. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Art

Hopefully all this data is captured in the Registry plus plenty more other people have been kind enough to send in. Since launch about 20 cars John or I had no data or images of have been sent in to the site.

Cheers

Darren.

7. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Be assured 250 PF coupe 1417 survives intact, if a little bit forlorn. Confidences don't allow me to to say where it is or show the photos.

8. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Does anyone know how many of the PF Coupes ended up in South America? I am sure they are well known in Europe and the US. Perhaps there are some barn finds in Latin America? I would welcome some feedback from Fchatters in South America.

9. Ed_Long

Ed_Long Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Salem, Oregon USA
    Full Name:
    Ed Long
    Our Pf coupe was painted with Max Meyer grigio scuro 13420 paint. Is there any way to match that number with a contemporary paint code? Or would the paint have faded sufficiently over the years to make a useful match impossible?
    Ed

10. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    There was a Series II PF Coupe in Monterrey, Mexico in excellent condition when I lived there in 1983-4. It is probably still there. http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100627

11. t walgamuth

Mar 13, 2005
    i would look for some paint that has not been exposed to light such as in side the door opening and match that.

tom w

12. Ed_Long

Ed_Long Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Salem, Oregon USA
    Full Name:
    Ed Long
    Thanks for the advice. I visited my local auto paint store and gave them the MM code. In return the owner gave me the glazed over look. Of course, these paints were produced way before there were any computerized records, so he used the eyeball approach to prepare some touch-up paint. It was not a good match.
    Ed

13. t walgamuth

Mar 13, 2005
    i suggest trying another paint store.

in my experience with buildings and paint, some folks have a gift for it and some don't.

i bet it is true with car paint too.

tom w

14. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

The rising values on these Pf Coupe's are going at a rapid rate. We have seen in the publications and sale information what the high end seems to be at right now. So what about the lower end cars. What do the experts think a running, original condition, well documented,service records, and with all the jewelry in place go for?

15. t walgamuth

Mar 13, 2005
    i would think not much less than a restored one.

what you describe is a very nice car.

the new cavalino shows from 125k to 200k for the pf coupe.

tom w

16. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Excuse me, when I say original condition I mean Original Condition with serious patina. I mean a complete documented running car that needs restoration or would maybe be called a driver. But with all the accessories.

17. Ed_Long

Ed_Long Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Salem, Oregon USA
    Full Name:
    Ed Long
    Tom:
    Given the ranges in selling prices of other models of 250s, the number of Pf coupes that were manufactured and now survive, the really crumby shape of some of them showing up on Darren's 250 PF coupe web site, and the range now shown in Cavallino, I would guess somewhere around $150k.
    Ed

18. t walgamuth

Mar 13, 2005
    yeah, i suppose.

in the end it is whatever you can get for it.

like everything else.

tom w

19. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
  20. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    It isn't. No remarks in Pininfarina records, Raab says: "special exhaust guards, special instruments and trim". Best wishes, Kare

21. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
  22. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    1007 is a special as far as I know - It is supposed to have a hotter engine and has some differences in the details. The dash is not standard (I don't remember about the rest of the interior).

It also seems to have a lot of 'bling'

Regards,

Art S.

23. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #698 Boudewijn, Feb 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The dash is different to some degree.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Well, then we should also call 0851GT a Speciale. The dash of this car is more sculpted, similar to the ones in the 212 Vignale Inter cars. Also, the nose is longer and the tail lamps are different, even though they appear the same as the production tail lamps.

Regarding 1007GT, I think this car should be in the Speciale category, as even though it looks for the most part standard, in the PF coupe realm it is different. I have seen those exhaust tip covers only on one other car. I think it belonged to Duke of Holland.

There is also something uncommon about the motor, it is a D-type engine but has a single distributor.

john

25. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    It was out....now its back in......

I also did some thumbnail work on the Speciale and Deceased pages at Jiohn V's prompting. I hope you like it.

Darren.