330 GTC Alternator | FerrariChat

330 GTC Alternator

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 330's Inc., Jan 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330's Inc.

330's Inc. Rookie

Nov 20, 2014
    Full Name:
    Dwayne
    Does anyone with a GTC with a Lucas alternator have a photo or could take one of the bracket on the engine that holds the alternator. Mine has been cut to fit a Bosch alternator I want to make it correct. Thanks

2. topolino

topolino Karting

Jul 21, 2006
    Aachen Germany
    Full Name:
    Hein Brand
    Lucas? They used Marelli GCA type alternators, to my knowledge.

Hein

3. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Mine HAD a Lucas alternator.
    Now it has a GM alternator.
    Single wire, 60 AMP, internal regulator, $60.00.
    Works much better than the Lucas.
    When driving at night with the wipers and A/C working, the Lucas could not keep up.

Bob Z.

4. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    send me an email and i'll see if i can help you. my car came to me with a Lucas, tho' i'm the 8th or so owner. steve meltzer <[email protected]>

5. NoECUs

NoECUs Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    William Harrod
    My car (10971) has a Lucas alternator and regulator. The alternator is a model A1113, also used on Jag Mark VII. What part of the of the bracket do you want to know about? It is pretty buried when assembled to the car, but I may be able to take a picture of a particular feature. It would be best to find someone with car that's disassembled so you could see the whole bracket.

6. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
  7. NoECUs

NoECUs Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    William Harrod
    Well, another Ferrari mystery. My parts book N.16/67 shows a Lucas alternator #542-162-50 and transistor regulator 543-829-18.

8. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    Lucas 11ac alternator in concert with lucas 4tr voltage regulator, I think they all came that way, same set-up as XKE Jaguar. The radiator fan motors were also Lucas, as well has the heater blower fans.

9. rauldejalapeno

rauldejalapeno Karting
    BANNED

Apr 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy Bush
    There were a lot of Lucas components utilized in the cars pre-Fiat, even some switches. We restore these for British cars and get a lot of Alfa and Ferrari work for the same reason.

10. eliochiavetta

eliochiavetta Rookie

Aug 10, 2015
    Did you solve your problem? If not I am restoring my 365 GTC 1969 and could provide you with a picture and dimensions of my setup.