360 reverse lever | FerrariChat

360 reverse lever

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by modena35, Apr 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena35

modena35 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    #1 modena35, Apr 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Has anyone had probelms with your reverse lever on your F1 360? The toggle lever(whatever you call it) no longer needs to be pulled up to be put into reverse. All you need to do is push it back....the dealer tells me the whole unit needs to be replaced when it really just seems like a simple mechaincal issue with the lever...any insight?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The dealer is correct. This is an (unfortuantely) common problem as the casting is made like total crap. Paul Hill (Hill Engineering) and I have discussed it at length, and the possiblity of manufacturing a better fork is out there.... but it'll be a while.

In the meantime, YES, you need to purchase an entirely new assembly -- as lame as that sounds.

-Daniel

3. modena35

modena35 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    any other 360 owners deal with this?

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    We replaced a ton of them under warranty, so yes it is a problem.

They are a switch not a shift lever, people got confused about that and they get broken.

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    5 years and over 38,000 miles so far. No problem with the lever. Perhaps some people just aren't as gentle with it as I am.

Does it flap around?

6. prior

prior Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    the casting is extremely poor... they fixed the issue in the 430 by using a push button instead of the lever. we replace these units at work and they aren't cheap. $1600 is our dealer cost. of all the broken ones, ive taken them apart and produced a few working units using good parts. i havn't done any testing, but i believe the repaired unit is just as strong, if not stronger than the original....

i have 2 360 units rebuilt, another 2 waiting, and 1 355 unit waiting to be fixed. the 355 is identical to the 360, minus the lcd color.

it would be an easy diy. 4 screws... unplug the connector, then put the new one in.

7. prior

prior Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    it typically happens when you valet the car or let someone unfamiliar with the car drive it. they force it back and snap the posts off the fork.

8. jpress

jpress Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2005
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Can the car actually be put in reverse when traveling forward? Better get it fixed!

9. prior

prior Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    i cant say for sure since i've never tried it, lol. im 99% positive that the car would not shift into reverse while in motion, but it'll cause an f1 system light.

10. prior

prior Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    my email is [email protected] if anyone has further questions reguarding the rebuilt units.

11. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Here're the problems. Those are the exact situations I avoid.

12. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    I know this is an old thread. I dont have any problem with my reverse lever or toggle or whatever we call it. However, does it make sense for me to buy the hill engineering lever for preventive?

Any input is high appreciated.

Regards

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If the original fails it won't leave you stranded it'll just feel wrong (less positive) to use

14. Jaymie360

Jaymie360 Karting

Jun 3, 2017
    Yup totally agreed.

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk