360 window molding | FerrariChat

360 window molding

Discussion in '360/430' started by judgejohn, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judgejohn

judgejohn Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2010
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    John
    The black molding at the top of the window on the drivers side of my 2000 360 Modena has peeling/flaking paint. I priced out the parts for replacement at $640 a piece. With the labor (removal of rear windows, etc.) to do the job it sounds crazy expensive. Any suggestions on a better, cheaper fix? Maybe strip the paint off the moldings, mask, and repaint or even plasticoat them? Much appreciate advice from anyone who may have encountered this issue.

2. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    Yes, another let down on quality by Ferrari. I don't get it, bunch of knuckle heads making bad choices there.
    My trim pieces have been flaking for some years. I thought about getting them repainted but decided to not to do it. Seems that the black finish below the flaking paint is more durable and is black. It does not bother me that much.

3. hairman

hairman Karting

Nov 25, 2013
    south jersey
    Full Name:
    Dino
    sanded feathered in and taped off used clear. buffed and it looks great

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    There was a nice thread here a while ago of a guy who masked it in place and resprayed it with some nice rattle can matte finish IIRC. Looked very easy.

5. smin9870

smin9870 Karting

Mar 6, 2011
    CT
    Full Name:
    Steve
  6. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    There are several products out there from auto paint supply stores that will duplicate the OEM look. So I would say yes to carefully prepping and masking and then respray. A word of caution about the rattle can stuff: most have a very limited life with constant exposure to UV light from the sun. This is where you want to visit your auto paint supply store. There products are designed to be applied to areas that are exposed to severe UV conditions. I have had the same issue with my 911s' window trims for years. Lots of experience getting them back to an OEM look. And to be sure, the majority of the work is in the prep if you want a really nice outcome.

Ricambi America likes this.