456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Cribbj, Jan 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have never in my life replaced one. Unless one is lost I can think of no reason to replace them.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Has been in use since the 250's. Also used in the old MM distributors.

4. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Cheap insurance.

5. Longhornlarry

Longhornlarry Rookie

Jan 2, 2015
    Bill,
    Any help on finding source for the plexiglass headlight covers ony and not the entire expesive headlight assemblies??

Thanks
    Longhornlarry
    New Member 1st post

6. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Welcome to Ferrari chat, I believe I was talking about the gasket not the covers.

Cheers,

Bill

7. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    Great thread!

Has anyone discovered a substitute for the door-lock actuators which are NLS from Ferrari?

8. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    I may have the answer on the door lock actuator. We did some investigating and it looks like a BMW 7 series used the same part. It's a Sachs #51268356065. I have one on order and will let you how it goes.

9. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Good info Wil, please post results when you have them. We often find the same components used on our cars are also used on Alfas, BMW's & Mercedes.

10. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    CRANK ANGLE SENSORS KIA part # 0K2A6-18-891

It is not quite a direct fit to the 550 Bosch sensor. The cable is just a bit short but fit with tug. For the price you can try them and throw them away if you don't like them. The 550 works perfectly with these sensors. I do not like the low and exposed position of the 550 sensors. "Heat" or "age" or "bad plastic" cracks the bodies of the bosch sensors. This is just poor quality plastic that can leave you stranded. Common symptoms of a bad crank sensor can be no start, intermittent start, and running on 6 cylinders. I like the Kia sensors because the Asians make better cheap plastic that does not seem to crack or melt. So far these sensors are better than Bosch and penniesto buy. I like to remove the 550 sensor's bracket and cover and zip tie the sensors behind the cross member which is a cooler and more protected place.

11. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    False alarm! The BMW door-lock actuator looks EXACTLY the same as the one from Ferrari and the wiring connector plug goes right in but it does not perform. Probably Ferrari ordered the actuators with wiring going to different pins as they've done in other instances. I'm not going to mess with it and will send the actuators back to the supplier.

Oh well, it was worth a try. It would have been nice to have everything working as it should but I'm happy to just lock the doors with a key if I have to. Actually, I feel I'm better off letting people take what they want out of the car and hopefully not break the windows or do other damage trying to break in.

12. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    ricambi

62655500R [62655500R - A/C RECEIVER DRYER (AFTERMARKET)] $165.00 each

Polar Bear Inc
    709NW 8th Ave
    Ft Lauderdale FL 33311

800-365-3516

RD6455 $42.50 + shipping !

Cheers,

Bill

13. henri66

henri66 Karting

Oct 10, 2006
    Previously Maranello
    Do you have a pic of the parts (the Ferrari one and the bow one?)

14. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Polar Bear rebuilt my AC compressor- basically took my housing, because Ferrari has a specific clutch on it and then replaced all the interior parts.

He offered me one price of about 400 clams with aftermarket interior components and for an extra hundred bucks he installed original Delphi components, for which I bounced

Truthbetold you can find cheaper rebuilt units that don't swap out all of the components and more expensive ones from guys who have them rebuilt and then want to profit on them, but Polar Bear was really Great

He offers a top notch quality no BS job and was a pleasure with whom to deal- He made me a priority and turned my job around right quick- then spent the time by phone with my Ferrari mechanic to walk through the do's & don'ts

GREAT guy ;)

15. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    #165 wbklink, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    Yep, They talked to my Tech also to make sure of what they were sending.

I just put it in the in the trunk for when I do need it...
    At that price I'll just have a spare, like the three shock actuators I have my trunk :)
    Cheers,
    Bill

16. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Is there an interchangeable A/C drier for 456m.
    D.

17. Northman

Northman Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2014
    Laurentian, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Denis Gauthier
    I would like to update the sound systhem of my 456M 2001, is there any good quality unit that would fit in the same emplacement?
    I would like something with a pop up gps screen/satellite radio/mp3/blue tooth, the actual original systhem being 14 year old I would change the speakers and power unit in the trunk as well.
    Is the composite hood suitable for a hiden gps antenna? I have such installation on my Harley (Garmin Zumo antenna in the batwing fiber fairing) and the reception is just fine, I would like no visible accessories if possible.9k
    I am unfamiliar with the actual sound systhem: brands-quality-performance so I would appreciate your imput.

18. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Denis, this is an interchangeable parts thread; only for posting OEM P/N's or equivalent parts for Ferrari parts. It's not for advice or technical help. Suggest you start another thread for suggestions on stereos.

Thanks,

John

19. Northman

Northman Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2014
    Laurentian, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Denis Gauthier
    I was unaware,sorry and I did post the question on my thread so will be awaiting for a reply then.

20. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

No worries Denis; it's just to try to keep this thread from drifting off topic too much. Hope someone will chime in on your thread & you can find a good upgrade to your stereo.

Good luck!

John

21. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    +1 as good as it gets. Was warned off FC for perceived soliciting when he thought
    he was giving advice shame he's a great help to anyone who needs it,

22. flyboyx

flyboyx Karting

Dec 19, 2014
    Houston, Tejas
    Full Name:
    brian
    #172 flyboyx, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    i thought i might make a quick uneducated contribution. i don't yet own a 550, but am still actively searching for one. i have taken a good look under the hood of a couple examples. i can say that coming from lots of bmw experience, there are a LOT of parts under the hood that look bmw.

the power steering reservoir looks to be same. bmw's have a filter in the reservoir, and as such, i assume ferrari does too. bmws recommends replacing it on occasion to start over with a new filter. the bmw part can be purchased most anywhere for around 20 bucks.(rock auto for example)

lots of the sensors on the engine look like bmw. i don't have anything specific, but if you need something for your maranello, i would suggest finding a friend with a bimmer in the mid 90's to early 2000's era, take a good look under the hood and see if you find a match.

the idle air control valve looks very bmw also.

my guess is the mass air sensors can be found on a bmw too. if not the entire part, probably the electronics. i would look at 96 and up 325i(e36 body code) or perhaps e46(2000-2006)

hope this helps a little.

brian

MKnightMD likes this.
  23. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Good luck with your search !

You will love the 550

24. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Stay with me on this one. I would like a OEM cover for my (soonto arrive) 456M.
    A friend recently purchased a car cover for a 328 and it had on the cover suits a range of cars including the 456. Rather than wiating for RHS OEM cover to turn up can anyone eslse varify this form me... Please?

25. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    #175 au-yt, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Guys does any one know a source for the 456M seat trim screw covers.
    An extensive Google search hasn't been successful Ricamdi have them at 17.26 each
    The screws are commercial along with the inserts but the caps appear to be Ferrari the have FX 3 inside the cap and they have a textured finish
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login