456M GT FOB's | FerrariChat

456M GT FOB's

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 500tr, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    One of my two M GT came with only one FOB. Fortunately (I thougt) I have the little slip with the original PIN. I ordered a new set of three FOB's through my Ferrari dealer, who tried to install them. The mechanics there failed although they asked the factory again, if the PIN 0271 is correct, which is.
    I contacted Gobble and sent him the immobilizer and the FOB's. He found out that the original PIN is 2701 instead of 0271. Unbelievable...
    Thanks to Gobble for his perfect assistance.

2. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    You can do it yourself

3. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    How would you do it yourself if you had the wrong PIN? You'd never be able to get the car into learning mode.

That's a great video but if you follow the first step he enters the existing PIN. Volkmar was given an incorrect PIN by Ferrari which is why his dealer couldn't install the new fobs.

4. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Are you sure he has the incorrect pin as the timing of code entry is critical.
    Stop watch critical.

5. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
  6. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Gobble is correct.
    The original slip says 0271 as well as the factory stated 0271 is the correct and original PIN a few days ago, asked by my dealer again. The mechanics failed to program the new FOB's, because the slip and the statement of Ferrari were wrong. 2701 instead 0271 is correct.
    The chief mechanic of Ferrari Eberlein tried about two hours to program the FOB's with 0271, and believe me, he ist very familiar with the procedure which indeed is not easy to handle.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    AU- You do not need a stop watch to program the Alarm ECU to accept new fobs as long as you can count to five. Why do you keep insisting a stopwatch is needed when it clearly is not? Hundreds of owners and techs have programmed the ECU to accept new fobs without a stopwatch, including me. There are only two time intervals involved, less than 2 seconds, and more than 2 and less than 20 seconds. Five makes a nice compromise for the 2-20 second interval, but counting any favorite number between 2 and 20 would work.

8. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Only from my own experience with mr Imofixer having a complete new set of fobs programmed, and his insistenance on accurate timing, after doing many many sets.

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Let me make it plain. You do not need a stopwatch. Dozens of owners have used my instructions to program the ECU to accept new fobs and no stopwatch was required or used. Assuming of course, someone can count to five. Eric and I supplied a dozen sets of fobs with new PIN to owners and none of them used a stopwatch. Telling everyone you need a stopwatch is bad info and unnecessarily complicating a fairly simple procedure.

10. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Point taken Let's leave it there.

11. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    #11 500tr, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    The conclusion of this is: Don't trust the factory and it's documents... :rolleyes:

12. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I think that's a bit harsh.

13. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I've heard quite a few stories of them coming back with the wrong number because immobilizers and fobs have been changed since the car was new for various reasons, but I've never seen a situation where they transposed numbers. This was strange. I was surprised to find the number was actually on a PIN slip and not just something a prior owner had written down.