512TR unbelievable price | FerrariChat

512TR unbelievable price

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sixcarbs, Sep 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    (I have no affiliation with this car or this dealer.)

I just can't believe the price. Car is in UK, it is left hand drive of German original delivery.

https://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/ferrari-512-tr-bradford/212858195.html

The net price is what you pay if you are exporting it. 104,000 Euros. 14,000 miles on the car. It's a '94 which should have the improved differential.

Ad says something about a large LHD collection and a weak British Pound. Then I checked their other cars for sale and they are offering a few other LHD cars at what seem to be fire sale prices. (Including a 512M)

Someone please scoop this car or tell us what the problem is. Unfortunately I am not in a position to buy it right now and it is killing me to see it in my "Parked" list every day.

Maybe LHD cars are hard to sell in London, maybe it is the Pound, maybe someone really is blowing out a LHD collection?

Am I missing something here? Any 512TR lovers in the UK near this place?

2. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Avoid this dealer like the plague and the cars - a total bunch of liars and the owner of Khan Automobiles is an idiot for wasting so much of my time, see my other thread on my mission to buy my next Ferrari....

The photos of the advert - that car does not exist.

What they do have for sale are 2x LHD Japanese imports, no service history, no manuals or paperwork, no tool kit etc. In desperate need of catch up maintenance servicing and parts, one needs new discs and pads, both cars need various body panels respraying + 1x alloy wheel refurb on each, one has a cracked front splitter etc etc.

I was close to buying one after test driving one and multiple visits to see them both, but was messed around by the greedy dealers and idiot owner.

You have been all warned - stay away from this dealer and cars, there is a reason why these cars have been sitting in their showrooms for 18months...

3. Wdemuynck@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2015
    Izegem Belgium
    Full Name:
    Willem Demuynck
    Mike is right, have been looking at this cars to before buying my 512TR in June.
    These cars have no history , no books, crappy condition , will take you a lot of cash to get them right.

On the mileage : ok 14,000 is very low, but like my Ferrari dealer told me , better a highmileage well maintained car , then a low mileage one where are the **** still needs to hit the fan :)

I've bought a '93 512TR with 92,000km on , i paid 120.000€ without taxes , but the car has everything done , last invoice was 25,000€ only for the engine ( total overhaul) so i don't care about the 92K , i know i have a perfect running car that ( hopefully, fingers crossed) won't cost me xxxx the first years.

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    92.000 km and 25.000,- € for the engine overhauling?
    so little km and so much have been done? strange !
    I know cars with more than 100.000 km without any problem and no need to open the engine
    what was wrong all?

5. MaseratiMike

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike

Well I can definitely tell the photos are from the UK dealership Khan Automobiles, in Bradford Yorkshire - as it's their showrooms and you can see some of the modified Land Rover/Range Rover vehicles in the background....

I would say both are unscrupulous :)

6. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    WELL HOLY F'N S***!!! What a great thread so see and here from first hand folks! I also saw this car in the trader and have been following this dealer for quite a while and was close to going over to see the TR in question. I did laugh when I saw the TR in Beverly Hills for 210K LOL!! I bet if I remember right around 130K, but who knows what the neg $ was! I do have about 50 pics of the TR from them and some of the F550. There are some imperfections in the pics sent for sure! When I did chat with a salesman there they were not willing to deal at all. Yes there is no history with the car, but if that doesn't bother someone they might get a decent car for a decent price(maybe)! If you want a driver it might be the car? I am looking for a driver with some history...... red, black interior

7. MaseratiMike

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The saying "It's too good to be true" is absolutely 100% correct in this case for the dealer and cars! They messed me around including suddenly bumping up the price of the better condition one, from an agreed price of £92.5k to £110k, also had suddenly sold it and now so happens it's back for sale etc.

Here is one of the exact emails I had exchanged with the sales manager Michael Hall @khan Autos:

Hi Michael

Thank you for your email and call yesterday, as discussed my budget will not stretch to the new price of £110K for the car we originally agreed at £92.5K

The cheaper Ferrari 512TR will require the following items to be carried out:-

1) Full major service including cambelts, spark plugs and other leaking oil seals or gaskets replaced (I saw a oil leak on one of the engine banks) £2500+
    2) Cracked front splitter replacement - these are £1000+ if you can find a new one
    3) Various Bodywork nicks and marks I noted on inspection, various panels would need attention
    4) Replacement missing leather toolkit bag & contents ~£1800
    5) Replacement missing Owners, Service booklet and entries, Leather wallet etc. Several hundred £s
    6) Potential clutch replacement - £2000+, as no records of replacement etc
    7) Replacement brake discs and pads (worn) £1500+
    8) Other wear or unknown issues from the lack of use/catch up maintenance, for example possible fuel or electronic gremlins. Common issue are fuel pumps, seals, injectors with these cars.
    9) Curbed rear alloy wheel and other interior cosmetics sorted out

Both cars will require a similar level of above items, apart from the other car doesn't have a damaged splitter.

The above list of items can easily be in excess of £10K, at a minimum the £95K car would need at least circa £7500 spending on it. There is also the issue of a lack of service history, which devalues the car. I have researched via a Japanese contact the first car I test drove.

So unless the cars are appropriately priced, I will unfortunately give these a miss.

FYI - I have been offered today via another dealer a UK based 512TR (Japanese import), £10k+ service+maintenance+clutch replacement just done, FSH documented, Red colour & black interior, All manuals present and leather folder, complete toolkit. For under £100K....

Kind Regards
    Mike Smith
    _______

I also had my Japanese friend search and call various dealers in Japan to find service history records against the chassis numbers, however due to the very strict Japanese privacy laws you don't stand a chance of getting any info.

Over and out...... just hope you guys don't get ripped off

8. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Again...WOW! I was chatting with the same person too! Everything you are saying is a mirror of our brief conversations! One other item of interest, from talking to a few guys here at home, a rear diff is almost a necessary service item as they will go, just a matter of time when!$$$$

9. Wdemuynck@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2015
    Izegem Belgium
    Full Name:
    Willem Demuynck
    Well the 25k is incl taxes , so 20k net : only the hours : 90 hours at 90€ :) , engine overhaul + clutch + every wire / tube / bolt has been changed, invoice is 4 pages of details, done by Moderna Sport in Toulouse France. I'm happy it was done prior to me buying :)

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    so there came in also 12 psitons and 12 sleeves or only new rings?
    what about the valves ,valve guides and valve seats?
    if this all has been changed then it has been cheap

11. Wdemuynck@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2015
    Izegem Belgium
    Full Name:
    Willem Demuynck
    on the invoice , which is in French but mostly in the cryptic Ferrari part numbers, I see numerous lines where it states " 12 pieces" and also pistons, spark plugs exchanged, cylinder heads, .... but a lot is to cryptic to see or has only FExxxxx number parts

12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    cylinder heads changed also? for this price? not possible ! ! !

Melvok likes this.
  13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Mileage claims are meaningless with no history or records.

14. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Indeed ! Not possible imo ...