612 high/low beam failure issue | FerrariChat

612 high/low beam failure issue

Discussion in '612/599' started by licodix, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max
    Dear 612 friends.
    After four years, all over sudden the RH front light, namely the high/low beam gave up.
    You might ask, why is the guy opening a thread on this?

-> Because I do not have a failure warning in the display! ??

Any explanations on this? The system should know it, sin't it?

If it is not a temporary gremlin, I see in the parts catalog that this Xenon unit seems not to be replacable.. Is that correct? If so, I could not believe it, there must be an option to change the beam...
    Sorry for keeping you guys busy with this, but apart from this, the 612 runns always flawless.
    Or could it be an issue of the ballast? Or even a fuse?

Thanks for answers, really appreciated!

2. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    "I haven't tried to remove mine yet and try to disassemble it, but I may try to find a broken one to "play with". I can't imagine the bulb or ballast isn't replaceable, but I could be wrong. It seems the 612's are getting many more miles then most Ferrari's as they drive so well, so more issues are appearing that a 36 year old 7k mile F-Car won't show up.

I know on the 550 I had the majority of fuses and relays were in the passenger foot well compartment.

Hope it shed some light on your issue.

Cheers!

PS- My '01 550 had a headlight failure and the dealer estimated the cost at $20k and was going to send it to auction with a 1-owner clean title. So I made an offer and after three days of research and matching pin outs I found a VW relay for $3.00 that fixed the whole issue....

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    That’s the kind of thing that is kind of disconcerting about Ferrari’s they use some cheap parts which break way to easly and then the whole system replacement part is a Zillon dollars, oh well I guess it is all part of the mistique.