A note to my Australian Friends | Page 7 | FerrariChat

A note to my Australian Friends

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes I should have said Kim Jong-un not Hussein. Point is it is sad in the country that is/was the leader of the free world to have a president acting like he is.
    Pete

2. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    I just got this sent in an email, take it for what you will
    "Liz Crokin is an award-winning author, a seasoned journalist and an advocate for sex crime victims. Liz began her journey at the University of Iowa where she received a bachelor’s in journalism and political science.

Trump Does The Unthinkable by Liz Crokin

Donald Trump is a racist, bigot, sexist, xenophobe, anti-Semitic and Islamophobe -- did I miss anything?....yup¦ he is also deplorable. The left and the media launch these hideous kinds of attacks at Trump everyday; yet, nothing could be further from the truth about the real estate mogul.

As an entertainment journalist, I've had the opportunity to cover Trump for over a decade, and in all my years covering him I've never heard anything negative about the man until he announced he was running for president. Keep in mind, I got paid a lot of money to dig up dirt on celebrities like Trump for a living so a scandalous story on the famous billionaire could've potentially sold a lot of magazines and would've been a Huge feather in my cap.

Instead, I found that he doesn't drink alcohol or do drugs, he's a hardworking businessman.
    On top of that, he's one of the most generous celebrities in the world with a heart filled with more gold than his $100 million New York penthouse.

Since the media has failed so miserably at reporting the truth about Trump, I decided to put together some of the acts of kindness he's committed over three decades which has gone virtually unnoticed or fallen on deaf ears.

•In 1986, Trump prevented the foreclosure of Annabell Hill's family farm after her husband committed suicide. Trump personally phoned down to the auction to stop the sale of her home and offered the widow money. Trump decided to take action after he saw Hill's pleas for help in news reports.

•In 1988, a commercial airline refused to fly Andrew Ten, a sick Orthodox Jewish child with a rare illness, across the country to get medical care because he had to travel with an elaborate life-support system. His grief stricken parents contacted Trump for help and he didn't hesitate to send his own plane to take the child from Los Angeles to New York so he could get his treatment.

•In 1991, 200 Marines who served in Operation Desert Storm spent time at Camp Jejune in North Carolina before they were scheduled to return home to their families. However, the Marines were told that a mistake had been made and an aircraft would not be able to take them home on their scheduled departure date. When Trump got wind of this, he sent his plane to make two trips from North Carolina to Miami to safely return the Gulf War Marines to their loved ones.

•In 1995, a motorist stopped to help Trump after the limo he was traveling in got a flat tire. Trump asked the Good Samaritan how he could repay him for his help. All the man asked for was a bouquet of flowers for his wife. A few weeks later Trump sent the flowers with a note that read: We've paid off your mortgage.

•In 1996, Trump filed a lawsuit against the city of Palm Beach , Florida accusing the town of discriminating against his Mar-a-Lago resort club because it allowed Jews and blacks. Abraham Foxman, who was the Anti-Defamation League Director at the time, said Trump put the light on Palm Beach not on the beauty and the glitter, but on its seamier side of discrimination. Foxman also noted that Trump's charge had a trickle-down effect because other clubs followed his lead and began admitting Jews and blacks.

•In 2000, Maury Povich featured a little girl named Megan who struggled with Brittle Bone Disease on his show and Trump happened to be watching. Trump said the little girl's story and positive attitude touched his heart. So he contacted Maury and gifted the little girl and her family with a very generous check.

•In 2008, after Jennifer Hudson's family members were tragically murdered in Chicago , Trump put the Oscar-winning actress and her family up at his Windy City hotel for free. In addition to that, Trump's security took extra measures to ensure Hudson and her family members were safe during such a difficult time.

•In 2013, New York bus driver Darnell Barton spotted a woman close to the edge of a bridge staring at traffic below as he drove by. He stopped the bus, got out and put his arm around the woman and saved her life by convincing her to not jump. When Trump heard about this story, he sent the hero bus driver a check simply because he believed his good deed deserved to be rewarded.

•In 2014, Trump gave $25,000 to Sgt. Andrew Tamoressi after he spent seven months in a Mexican jail for accidentally crossing the US-Mexico border. President Barack Obama couldn't even be bothered to make one phone call to assist with the United States Marine's release; however, Trump opened his pocketbook to help this serviceman get back on his feet.

•In 2016, Melissa Consin Young attended a Trump rally and tearfully thanked Trump for changing her life. She said she proudly stood on stage with Trump as Miss Wisconsin USA in 2005. However, years later she found herself struggling with an incurable illness and during her darkest days she explained that she received a handwritten letter from Trump telling her she's the bravest woman, I know. She said the opportunities that she got from Trump and his organizations ultimately provided her Mexican-American son with a full-ride to college.

•Lynne Patton, a black female executive for the Trump Organization, released a statement in 2016 defending her boss against accusations that he's a racist and a bigot. She tearfully revealed how she's struggled with substance abuse and addiction for years. Instead of kicking her to the curb, she said the Trump Organization and his entire family loyally stood by her through immensely difficult times.

Donald Trump's kindness knows no bounds and his generosity has and continues to touch the lives of people from every sex, race and religion. When Trump sees someone in need, he wants to help.
    Two decades ago, Oprah asked Trump in a TV interview if he'd run for president. He said: If it got so bad, I would never want to rule it out totally, because I really am tired of seeing what's happening with this country.

That day has come."

3. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    OH why let the truth get in the way of a good story, and I did say I received it in an email probably came from Facebook!

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  5. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.

Reason for the question is it seems from many posts here on Fchat (and friends' experience) that many U.S. doctors give preference (and better rates) to those paying cash up front since the doctors get screwed by the insurers as much as the clients do...actually, same happens here.
    Probably a better word for the U.S. system is 'dysfunctional' rather than disastrous. I don't think anything is 'beyond fixing' except when you have vested interests working against the repair ( which is what I think is the main U.S. issue).

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    +1
    Pete

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    +1

When watching the election process I thought it was silly that they kept banging on about Trump's apparent (?) attitude to women. While not great what really matters is if he is the right person to be president. In this case I say no as he doesn't think before he speaks and is a proven liar.
    Pete

8. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    PSk and Kerrari - the unkillable zombies of fchat.

No matter how often their arguments get shot down, they come back to life with more nonsense.

9. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Well, he does have the same home furnishing tastes as Saddam Hussein !!

10. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    :confused: I thought that was PP?

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #162 PSk, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    :).

I just made 4 points Ian. No shooting down occurred. I've been called a lot worst than zombies ;):

1. I find it unacceptable that the President of the USA bans some news media from attending anything. Very un-free-world. I accept that my Hussein reference was poor but my point is still clear. Do you think this acceptable Ian?

2. Trump over reacts to fake news because he does not double check like the rest of us do. This is his failing and heck all news needs to be taken like that and verified. I'm sure if you were in his position you would have an adviser confirm before opening your mouth, no?

3. I don't think anything is 'beyond fixing' ... der, of course anything and everything can be fixed.

4. What really matters is if he is the right person to be president, not that he said he could have whatever to n number of women. In this case I say no as he doesn't think before he speaks and is a proven liar. So just to be clear, I don't have a problem with the Republicans being in power, but I would prefer that somebody other than Trump was president. Adding to this I believe Trump is under Bannon's control and from what I have read Bannon believes a 3rd WW is inevitable (https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/where-did-steve-bannon-get-his-worldview-from-my-book/2017/02/24/16937f38-f84a-11e6-9845-576c69081518_story.html?utm_term=.a84f7d35ca7d). Bannon worries me more than Trump. Trump is just a look at me fool.

Anyway, just my little views.
    Pete

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Exactly right Andrew :)

Money doesn't buy taste

Did that 355CH sell ?

13. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    LOL! Someone's gotta keep ya bastards honest! And I see a lot more sidestepping than shooting down...

14. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I'm not sidestepping, I just can't be bothered arguing with you sandalistas, when your information comes only from the hopelessly out of touch MSM.

I'm talking to my staff and customers in the US every day - confidence is through the roof and Trump would win the election again if it were held today.

15. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Just a jump to the left... or was that a step to the riiiiiiiight! :)

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #167 PSk, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    So we get our views from watching professional news broadcasts and the results of surveys; while you get your from talking to a few staff members and customers ... hmmm.

Pete
    ps: Interesting?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4264948/Trump-says-haven-t-called-Russia-10-years.html ... but he's done better than that, he's actually been there in 2013!

ps2: His approval rating (I guess they didn't only survey your staff and customers ;)): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4261548/President-Trump-s-job-approval-rating-stands-44-percent.html

17. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Umm sorry Pete, but I'm not big on taking ANY media at face value and we all know the value of polls after the recent elections! People need to do their own fact checking these days by going to the sources; not easy, but possible and made easier these days with technology.

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #169 PSk, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Fair enough.

BTW here is the source for the survey:https://www.scribd.com/document/340335355/17057-NBCWSJ-February-Poll# and yes only 1000 people questioned.

As I don't have Americans I can call up and talk to all I can do is read lots of articles and investigate their sources. The DailyMail links I posted were simply the first result from my searches.
    Pete
    ps: I do have a brother-inlaw that lives in America but he is a racist that my wife and I have no time for ...

19. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3

Jan 23, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    David C
    Do you know who he voted for ?

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No, would be interesting I guess but haven't had contact with him for over 10 years. I've only met him once when he visited Australia and glad he went back. Amazing, and sad (especially for my wife), that such views still exist.

Pete

21. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I told a lie; I've met him twice as we met up in Chicago also.

Pete

22. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    how can we trust anything you say now ??? :p

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    lol. Ask me the same question 1/2 an hour apart and you are likely to get 2 different answers ... ;)

Pete

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sorry my American friends but this Trump administration is becoming the worst joke. Yes some might be happy but his inability to set concrete direction will soon have the markets tanking and then happiness will fade.

I better go as my microwave might be filming me ... :D
    Pete