AC drier bracket on a GTC | FerrariChat

AC drier bracket on a GTC

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by steve meltzer, Apr 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    what color is the bracket supposed to be? The things that I can get right in the engine bay without crazy work or expense, I wanna do. Thanx for your help and sorry this is X posted with Tom's site. thanx. s

2. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    Mine is black.

3. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    thanx. has the car been judged? s

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Steve, I have looked at my photo archive of 330GTC/GTS restorations, and it looks like the A/C drier brackets are painted black on earlier cars, and plated clear cad silver on later cars.
    I think that either finish would be acceptable to judges.

The A/C on a 330GTC was optional and not installed on all cars. It was not really a standardized setup. Sure the fittings and hoses type were a certain type, but I think the drier bracket finish is a non-issue. I have photos of original non-restored cars with both finishes.
    What finish was originally on your bracket? If it was either painted black or plated silver (clear cad), I would duplicate that finish.

Regards,
    Brian Brown

5. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Thanx so much, Brian. it's an early car, #8995. Tho' i've owned the car for 12 years, it's had it's share of owners before my stewardship. When I removed the drier, it was just a bare metal bracket...not even painted. So, black it is! thanx again. steve

6. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    Yes, it has and the bracket for the drier has never been even noticed. Logic tell me it would be black. The fender is black and so is the drier, so I would think that the bracket would match them. If it was cad plated it would stand out and no other engine fittings in the engine bay are cad plated other than the fittings of the air conditioning hoses that have to be cad plated.

7. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    All of that comports well with what Brian Brown said....hmmm, where's my Walmart black semi gloss rattle can? thanx. steve