Advice on F12 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Advice on F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MDEL, Jan 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    This F12 simply couldn't have found a better home. It will be properly enjoyed and looked after, as only a true enthusiast and connoisseur like Mario can.

I've already taken the liberty to congratulate Mario on the phone for his beautiful F12. As a friend, I couldn't be happier. Indeed an iconic, dream Ferrari, especially in this color combo!

I'd like to wish Mario once again good health to enjoy his mesmerizing F12, as well as many, many miles of happiness and smiles!

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In the headliner the circle hides the track inner cams kit. There are two cameras one films the steering wheel (the driver's hands action) and the other the track and both combine the information with another feature which is Ferrari telemetry.

On my Cali I have the Pilot Super Sports which I really like and what a diference they are to the previous Bridgstone. These Pzeros are almost brand new but as soon as they wear I'll follow your advice.

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Nuno thank you very much for your kind words which mean a lot to me because they come from a true gentleman which owns beautiful Ferraris and is also the moderator of the FerrariChat Portugal section and a true reference of the brand in our country.

Kind regards and all the best

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for the info on the camera. That makes perfect sense. If I were doing track days that would be a fun option to have!

5. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Excellent choice. Enjoy when you get it and dream about it while you are waiting for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Beautiful - congrats and drive in good health!!! Stitching is chiaro or bianco or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you, talking to other F12 owners like you is a privilege and makes the waiting time go faster.

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you I will. The stitching is beige.

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #109 MDEL, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hi Mario and Congratulations!

What a great spec F12, especially the choice of colour ;-)

More pictures please, especially the interior.

How does she drive?

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Beautiful scenery and beautiful F12, Mario. I wish you only the best of memories and the happiest of miles in your new Ferrari...T

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Justin, the photos give you an idea of what yours will look like and I very much hope you'll have it very soon.

13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Tom fits in the same place of the Cali but is a bit wider. Soon I'll do with my wife a trip like did recently and than I'll let you know how it feels.

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tomorrow I'll try to do some pictures of the interior. I only drove about 10 Km but it feels super civilized and I love the direct steering. Well I opened the exhaust valves with the remote control and I'm not kidding is formula 1. I just gave it a bit of gas on a straight and the thing becomes really wild.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Again congratulations Mário, she's a real beauty...and the best thing is, you won't be thinking about the current replacement for it...because your's is a far more beautiful!!
    What a timeless machine, for sure my favourite modern Ferrari.

16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Pedro (Obrigado), just had a tiny taste but really like the steering and the music coming from the engine. When you press and as expected the acceleration is brutal.

17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Beautiful! Bellissimo! Congratulations Mario! You will discover there are many more layers to peel back on this "onion". The power and speed only build in a way that can be described as "astounding".

18. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for the compliment. So far the "onion" hasn't made me cry because I haven't peel back any layers yet. First impression, at low speed feels the creature is anesthesied and is a pleasure to drive and steer. I had just a quick glimpse of what happens when you free the monster just a little bit and ear the roar of the V12 with the exhaust valves opened………..I can't wait to peel back more.

19. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You will love it. As long as the roads are warm. I think I found around 68F and higher to be good. The car is so good with the e-diff and the F1 Trac to help you apply the power to the road. You can feel it, but most of the time its simply turned into forward thrust. And with all that power its really crazy. Yet, yes, at normal driving speeds, its somewhat comfortable and easy to drive and I think as long as you are not really going for it and respect the power, the F12 has a friendly and approachable personality. I have a feeling if you were to get it on track and get too aggressive with the throttle on corner exit, you might find the tail wants to come alive really fast. That's what my old 599 was like.

I'm happy for you because soon you will have more tears of joy :)

I can't wait for the weather around here to clear up!

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Lovely outside spec, many congratulations, you are going to love it! Any interior pics please?

21. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Dream spec! What a beauty! Congrats! :)

22. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
  23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Tim. Tomorrow if I can I'll try to take some pictures of the interior but visually the Iroko interior combination with the black dashboard and the carbon applications looks good and not cheap combining very well with the outside Grigio Ferro.

24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Christian.

25. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sounds great and different. Ferro is definitely one of my favourite colours, in fact even considering it for the SF.

Lovely car and the pics will have excited Deltona!