Advice on F12 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Advice on F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MDEL, Jan 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #126 MDEL, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Congrats! enjoy it - I know you will....

3. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Really nice Mario, very high spec car, you must be thrilled! :)

4. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congratulations!!! This color really accentuates the beautiful sculptured lines of the F12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Beautiful spec. My favorite color on the v12 gt cars and the cf options look very thorough

6. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Perfectly specced. Even CF and the back of the seats.
    Flawless Victory!

Enjoy in good health and drive it like you stole it!

7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for your nice complimentary words CETH, Justin, Jerry, saraojo, Maximus 1973.

When I read some of your opinions about the new 812 Superfast exterior and interior after you've seen the car, looking at my F12b I've learned one thing and that is; We have to be very careful about opining on a car we haven't seen alive because invariably there is an ocean of difference separating what we see in photos and what our eyes capture in the real world

With this F12 happens exactly that, alive everything looks much better than in photos. The Iroko interior which looks in some photos near to a chocolatto and in others like a cuoio, alive is really pretty and the beige stitching adds a sober definition of contour improving the overall sense of ambience and quality. When you get inside and play some jazz in the infotainment with the engine off, the sensation is that you are in a perfect atmosphere.
    The black dashboard with the stitching looks also great and discrete and the carbon fiber details make a perfect transition to the Iroko surfaces. The proper view of the back of the seats it's only possible when we look from behind with the boot open and what a sight, all that black carbon fiber contrasting with the Iroko shelf surface and the two straps on it and, a bit further down, the black dashboard, steering wheel and console contrasting with all the rest in Iroko.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations Mario! What a beauty!

I agree with your note of caution regarding judging cars. Since many of us have seen the F12, and for some lucky people (now including you) we live with these cars, we can see a photo and then add in our experience so things work out and make more sense. If we have not yet seen the 812 in person, it's hard to make a final judgement one way or the other. So its best to keep an open mind when trying to understand a 3 dimensional object in a 2 dimensional medium. All that said, your car is perfect! Enjoy it! :)

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    It's not by chance that the right side of your post shows the number 5688 and the left F1 Veteran. Your opinions and advice have full credibility.

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Mario, thank you for the very kind words. Very kind of you. Much appreciated.

11. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Very high spec and a level of finish 812 owners, me included, can only dream about! You lucky man, it almost tempts me back to the F12 again.

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you Tim. It's true I consider my self a lucky man because after many months of searching without success I found this F12B in an historical color and with all the features I like but which I probably would never have the courage to order with a new car. But you aren't less lucky than me and I very happy for that, your F12 TDF is a truly special beauty, probably the most beautiful I've seen, and you should be very proud for having specified it to perfection in terms o paint color, interior and all the details. Your car couldn't possibly be in better hands because you're a Ferrarista in the true sense of the word.

13. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thank you for your kind words Mario, and yes, you are right to point out that I am the lucky custodian of what I consider to be a very special car, but I still cannot drag myself away from my love of the F12b, such a great all round car, and every time I see a well specced one, I still feel a slight tug of the heart strings.

14. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #139 -CD-, Mar 17, 2017
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Christian thank you for the pictures of that lovely unicolor interior of your FF. Your pics reproduce Iroko color much better than the ones I've published and what we see is much closer to reality.

16. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Congrats on your new f12. Love the unique interior combo. Well spec'd. I can't wait to drive mine again...

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Christian thank you for the kind words. Yours when will it be delivered do you know?

18. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Mario...mine was delivered last fall. Only two months of driving and off for winter sleep. I should be back in the saddle in a few weeks. ;)

19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Can anyone please tell me where inside the F12b engine compartment is located the VIN Number plate ?

20. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    #145 Makuono, Mar 28, 2017
    Mario,

Check if here you find what you are looking for:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ricardo thank you for the information. In fact what I was looking for wasn't the VIN but the chassis number inscription which had to be checked when the car is inspected before obtaining the new plate number. After the car was in the moat we looked underneath the engine compartment and couldn't find it because the bottom it's all paneled. After a more meticulous search with a torch through an opening in one of the bottom's panel, there it was engraved in an aluminium block located in the engine bottom part.

22. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Congratulations! Your thread and the replies on the thread have got me looking for a F12!

23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you. I've only had it for a couple of weeks but so far I'm really impressed with the F12 driving experience which I recommend it to anyone. It's one of those cars where everything seems to have been made by the gods, an engine with great power and immediate response and sound which becomes close to F-1 when we open the exhaust valves with the remote control. Great acceleration, a superb transmission, instant and responsive suspension which can be soften at will and a very direct direction which I really love and is by far the best I've tried . The racing seats happen to be much more comfortable than what I expected and the interior combination of high quality leather stitched to perfection with the carbon steering wheel, vents, center console, etc, turn the driving experience into something really very special.

24. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Sounds wonderful Mario. How do you find the gearbox at very low speed in stop/start traffic for example?

25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Justin, very low speed is what I've done basically until now and with the manetino in Wet the gearbox from stop/start it's so smooth and because you feel no vibrations whatsoever in the car, if it wasn't for the exhaust sound you could make the mistake of believing you were in an electric vehicle. In Sport you can tell it is different but still smooth, from stop/start feels slightly more nervous but very controllable with the accelerator.
    What I'm really impressed with is on the straights, the acceleration is so linear and you don't feel the speed you are doing like in other cars, but when you look at dial you can't believe how fast you're going. Apart from the engine great sound the only thing you ear are the tyres rolling, the rest is like a block no noise at all.