Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Saw one today on the road, it looked awesome...sounded cool too!

2. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003

I'd suggest keeping the car as is...why would you want to void the warranty? Why take this visceral sports car to a new level of high strung on the edge...

If you really want to go faster than buy another sports car that's faster..

Although I'm a huge fan of the Alfa 4c....it's main purpose isn't actually being faster than its competitors but rather the insane driving experience it offers its owners..

I don't believe drastic expensive modifying of the Alfa 4c will end well.

I don't know you personally so please excuse my intrusion to your car quest...but you did ask...

The alFa 4c is so unique looking and such a dynamic driving experience from the factory I'd leave it as is...

If you want to lap faster and stay with an Alfa...just buy the new guilia quadrofollio ...as it's surprisingly actually a better and quicker track tool

Weird but a reality ....

3. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    From the small research I've done I think the car is ok for about 300 horsepower at the crank. I believe one of the main restrictions is the dry clutch DCT but not 100% sure about that.

4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    IMHO I can see them produce a "final" version as a bookend to the "launch"edition with the Guilia 2 liter turbo motor making roughly 300hp.

5. bunta_garage

bunta_garage Rookie

Jun 4, 2015
    It's a fun little car and the CF tube is gorgeous!

[​IMG]

6. 914

914 Karting

Aug 17, 2014
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Maarten
    #131 914, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Changed my 348TB for a 4C Spyder :) Still don't know if it was the "wise" move to make.

But I love the CF Tub en the way it looks, sounds.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bunta_garage

bunta_garage Rookie

Jun 4, 2015
    #132 bunta_garage, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    I think many on here would love to hear a 348 vs. 4C comparison.

9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

please!

10. 914

914 Karting

Aug 17, 2014
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Maarten
    Difficult, because there really is nothing to compare. Only the Italian passion and design are similar.

V8 vs 4-in-line
    Atmo vs Turbo
    Manual vs Paddle shift

But oh man, both are pretty as hell, just looking at them is a privilege.

Driving is as different, as 25 years evolution make it.

For me, I enjoy driving the 4C more than the 348. Because somewhere in the back of my mind there was always the fear of huge repair bills, engine out maintenance, unobtainable parts, the car's value getting sky high,....

In the 4C, I just can enjoy, like in any other modern new car. Which is a relief :)

But i certainly miss the fabulous V8 sound!

11. ferraripete

looked at a 4c today. such a little beauty!!!

12. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yes, I've debated trading my 308 for one...not sure I'd ever do it, but it's crossed my mind. Interested in the comparison between the 4C and the 348.

13. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    If you are interested in a 4c and how it drives, go to a dealer and test drive it - nothing beats driving it for yourself :)

14. ferraripete

the car I looked at was a black 2016 at hendrick in charlotte, nc.

I looked closely and the car had clear bra installed apparently by the factory...$1500 listed as an option on the sticker. the application was close to flawless. I was impressed.

do any of you owners have clear bra installed? was it factory installed or dealer installed?

15. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    My LE did not have clear bra installed - I had xpel put on, on large parts of the car.

16. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yes clear bra factory installed, Avery dennison. They do the full front hood and fenders, 1/2 the doors, mirrors and lower rocker panel, 1,500 was the msrp. Seems to be a good job, a couple of pencil sized air bubbles and a couple of edges lifting slightly but all in all it looks good.

17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Is Alfa going to make 2017s ?
    Their website stops at 2016s.

18. FriscoRays

FriscoRays Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2005
    Yes. They are just slow / behind in updating their website.

19. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I heard only 1 to 2 cars per dealer. 2017 will be the last year for the coupe.

20. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    OK that bodes well ;)

This ain't rocket science.

21. FriscoRays

FriscoRays Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2005
    #147 FriscoRays, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Not rocket science but perhaps quite Italian! Can't build / price Giulias on the US site yet either.....

As proof of the existence of 2017 4Cs, I'll submit this example which is for sale, with new options of center exhaust and carbon fiber roof:
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/689531291/overview/

As 360Tom says, rumor is no more coupes after 2017; supposedly secondary to some new airbag regulation . Road and Track says that only 457 4cs were sold in the US in 2016, so its future availabilty does seem to be in doubt. I'm glad I already have mine.

22. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Is that all they sold in the US? Or just coupes?

That's a low number, maybe I'll reconsider getting one!!

23. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Alfa seems to be following the same pattern as Lotus. I tried to talk my wife into a 4C when she was car shopping but she said no way for a daily driver. I would love a 4c sitting next to my Lotus in the garage. I like cars that you don't see every day and demand attention the 4C is a good one for that.

brightoncorgi likes this.
  24. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I have been pining for a modern car (I currently have a 1984 308QV and a 1966 Jag E-Type), and while I don't want to sell what I have, I'd consider it if the right car came along.

I could probably swing an Elise or a Corvette through financing, but I don't have garage space. It would likely make more sense to sell one of the cars for something else. I'd prefer to sell the 308 for a modern Ferrari (360 or 430), but the Alfa looked enticing. Still on the depreciation curve, although there was some discussion here that they may not depreciate much given the rarity...who knows, but I'm sure they'll be cheap(er) soon. Maybe I'll wait a few years and finance instead of selling...we'll see!