Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    It's gotta be good! Sadly they will never upload this on YouTube:( like last time's head to head still no video from their channel;(

2. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    One month free on MT then just cancel.

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well they always looked good even if they were a warmed up old (Alfetta GTV) model. The engine was nice the rest meh ... Yes I owned one for 4 years.

That one looks real sharp!

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The seven best Super Bowl commercials — and the three worst

The seven best Super Bowl commercials ? and the three worst - The Verge

"In my opinion, Alfa’s trio of ads for the new Giulia sports sedan were the best of all the car spots. Alfa Romeo is back — and every other luxury carmaker (and their customers) should sit up and take notice. —Jordan Golson"

5. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Riding Dragons was great imo, actually gave me a chill to see that commercial during the SB.

Checked out the Giulia at the local Alfa/Fiat dealer Sunday am, no Q's in stock but 6 are in transit...they sold the only Q that they had. They had 7-8 of the base model in stock, the model I liked best was the one with the Sport Pkg which gives u the Q 5 hole wheels and paddle shifters along with what else I am not sure. The paddle shifters put the paddle shifters on my 4C to shame. MSRP on this was $48.8 I believe. Interior quality to me seemed outstanding, the seats were gorgeous and it was just a very nice layout. The dash was not leather covered, but the quality of the plastic/rubber dash reminded very much of BMW...it just had a really nice grain to it. I do believe leather is avail on the dash though. She is about the same size as a Cadilliac ATS, but much more room inside.

I did not drive her as I know that I am not in the mkt now, but when my wifes current lease is up I will seriously consider the Giulia Q4 or the Stelvio for her. Very impressed with the car and now want a Quad for myself, but that will most likely be a lightly used one with a $20-30k diiscount.

6. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Holy cow. What model is that?

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Completely agree. You can order a stitched leather dash in the Lusso option. I agree with the sport package and the QF's wheels.

Qf's have a leather dash. In fact they have everything but a sunroof because the roof of the QF is Carbon fiber.

QF's are really hard to get right now. My dealer has 3 coming and one is already sold.

8. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    I have been looking for a fun daily driver that is a bit different. Going to test drive an AWD tomorrow. Will report back.

9. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    It was amazing! Throttle response is great, exhaust sounds excellent.
    Plan to pick it by weeks end!

10. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    You drove the 4-cyl?

11. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I drove a Quadrifoglio (about $78k) and a 4WD 2.0 "sport" edition (about $50k) of the Guilia tonight I also drove a 4c spider and will post my comments on that thread.

First, the Guilia's of either model are great looking cars. The QF has four rear tips, hood vents and other external components designed to make it stand out and the sport model had accented rear tips and a diffuser. Street presence of either when viewed from the front is particularly mpressive.

The interior on the QF is significantly nicer than the Sport model. More leather, alcantara etc.

The driving experience is, to me, where the real departure lies. The QF is in a different league. Performance, sound and interior NVH.

The smaller engined car just felt noisy (it was) stressed (2.0 L inline 4, with a lot of sound being communicated through the firewall) and has more hard surfaces rather than sound absorbent materials. It was quickly apparent that it held no interest for me.

The ride quality on both cars was excellent.

I'd buy a QF but not its smaller engined stablemate. That was a real disappointment.

12. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Yes. I'm looking for a DD so the QF is just not what I'm looking for right now.
    Some of the interior components did feel cheap, bit for a 44k car, I love it.

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
  14. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    A bit of an FYI on the quadrifoglio. Invest spare funds in Pirelli stock. The owners that can best preserve their tires may get 8,000 miles on a set, more than likely 5k.

15. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Anyone heard when more Quadrifoglios will be coming - with more variety in options, e.g. CCM brakes and Sparco seat option...?

16. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    5K def. is not a lot, but then again if performance is what you want then settle with the drawbacks I'd say.

I wonder what Michelin Cup 2 tyres will do on a QV....

17. tomkatf

tomkatf F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 25, 2004
    San Diego...East Co.
    Full Name:
    Tom F.
    #642 tomkatf, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. AlfaMale

AlfaMale Rookie

Nov 29, 2016
    New wheel options for the quadrifoglio were just announced today.

19. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I have a test drive scheduled for Friday. Demand is so high our local dealer has a 10K markup on it. Also, the QV has test limit too. Lot only. Massive snow on the way tomorrow too. We'll see or I can take a Ti out maybe instead.

20. that boy asad

that boy asad Rookie

May 24, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Shahir
    I'm curious to know more details on this

I have been wanting to order mine with the Dark Tecnicos but my local dealerships were not able to, on top of that I really want the carbon ceramic brakes but don't want the 5-hole wheels

21. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

The car shown is a 1967 1° tipo 33/2 Stradale model and the other photograph with the air extractor behind the front wheel is a 1968 2° tipo 33/2 Stradale model.

22. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ

They timed this perfectly with the Super Bowl commercial. Very smart to have inventory after spending a ton on advertising!

23. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Alfa has been doing some heavy advertising since the SB. Saw them twice on CNBC while at work yesterday and once on Fox Business last night I believe. HUGE snowstorm in NY today...its really blowing hard, plow guy has already said that he may have to come two times today.

Need more info on these new wheels, I hope they are Bright Silver.

24. AlfaMale

AlfaMale Rookie

Nov 29, 2016
    Tecnicos wheels in silver or dark now available. But they may not be available with ccb.

25. that boy asad

that boy asad Rookie

May 24, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Shahir
    Is there a reason why? I have tried contacting Alfa Romeo USA regarding this matter

So many official pics/videos are being posted by Alfa Romeo with the Tecnico Wheels and Carbon Ceramic Brakes, but none of my local dealers can't answer why it cannot be ordered together?