Alfa USA 2013/2014 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Alfa USA 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Jan 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What production Alfa Romeo would you buy in order of preference?

1. Alfa 4 door sedan $35,000-$45,000 US

2. Alfa 4 door sedan $45,000-60,000 US

3. Alfa Spider $30,000-$45,000 US

4. Alfa GTV 2 door $35,000-$50,000 US

5. Alfa SUV $35,000-$50,000 US

6. Alfa 4C or future high end Alfa sportscar $75,000+ US

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Saw a bunch of MiTo's in Europe, I think they would have sold a ton of those here

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    New Giulia sports sedan to be rear drive on new D segment platform:

"At the beginning of 2014 the Alfa Romeo Giulia will make it’s first appearance, on a platform which will be important for the whole D-segment in the Fiat-Chrysler group. This D-segment is a special one, when we have a look at the dimensions of the segment. We expected that the Giulia would get an extended platform of the C-segment Giulietta (even though we have claimed very often that this wouldn’t be the case). Insiders told us that the new platform will be quite large according to the D-segment dimensions, the Giulia will be one size larger than a 166 (4.7 m) en one size smaller than a Lancia Thema (5.0 m). The Guilia, a semi high-end saloon, which will be larger than it’s predecessor the Alfa Romeo 159 (4.6 m). A segment above the D-segment is still room for the top of the range saloon based on the E-segment (Fiat-Chryslers ‘LY’ platform). The Giulia is already in the end of it’s developing cycle and is on track according to a spokesperson of FGA. The possibility for derivative models wasn’t answered by the spokesperson. AutoEdizione see some possibilities for these models like a coupe or a Spider, new engines are already under development, 1.8l and a new V6."

http://www.autoedizione.com/alfa-romeo-back-to-its-roots-2014-giulia-will-have-rwd/

3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Marchionne will never sell Alfa:

"If there were any doubts, there shouldn’t be any more. The currently VW designer Giorgetto Giugiaro spoke with an Italian source. According to this striking designer, Machionne is against selling Alfa Romeo. Taking into account that this would be a German buyer, he can’t imagine ever doing so. Marchionne would rather let the brand go bankrupt before selling (no matter how high the offer would be)."

http://www.autoedizione.com/marchionne-will-never-sell-alfa-romeo/

5. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Marchionne or anybody for that matter would be an idiot to sell Alfa Romeo. I can`t think of any other brand that has so much prestige and cachet. Unfortunately it`s rarely ever lived up to it`s potential but the ingredients are there.

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  8. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  10. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    I will believe it when I see it and when I drive one.

The Giulietta with the 1.9 JTD diesel engine is a hoot to drive.
    The engine is powerful, with tons of torque and very frugal in fuel consumption.
    On the other hand, what I hear so far about the Dart does not give me a lot of confidence, starting with the name and on with the 1.4 liter engine that is good for the Abarth, but cannot be good for a car twice as heavy.

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  15. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Love the 4C and fingers crossed on the Spider.

With those two in the lineup, it'll be hard for Alfa not to be a hit! (They'll sell 'em faster than they can produce 'em -- like the Abarth)

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #92 TheMayor, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

IMO, capping 4C production to 2500 units a year is a huge mistake. This car could easily go after the Boxster if they would let it. I really don't understand their thinking here. Alfa should have gone after Porsche years ago. Now, when they have the right car to make a dent, they hold back.

17. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    I think I will be forced to buy one if it comes here as a RWD car.

18. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great point, and wish I could see logic in it myself. My best (only) guess is that it may be caused by production issues -- Alfa doesn't have the volumes/lines to build enough of them to meet demand? (And/or they're going for the PR buzz of "limited edition" to help drive enthusiasm in the first years)

Either way you're right - they should shoot for the Boxster.

It's funny, I drove an older spider this weekend and had my Alfa flame rekindled. Despite the car's flaws... I'm still thinking about that drive days later.

Here's hoping the new ones inspire the same emotion!

19. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    IIRC will the 4c be built at Maserati? That may be the bottle neck.

20. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris

That would definitely explain the limited production run!

21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The rumor that they plan a second line for the 4C might help depending on how well it sells. I think it should be kept somewhat limited, but maybe more than 2500 units. This is not a FIAT 500 Abarth as it's alot more expensive and specialized(I think Abarth production should be much higher than it is).

22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Italy is broke. They need the money. They should be more aggressive.

Alfa is NOT Ferrari and never has been. It's a sports car/sedan for the common enthusiast, not the rich. It's never been about exclusivity. Anyone could have walked into an Alfa dealer and bought a car. Yes, they were priced above the British and Japanese cars but the style and driving flair more than made up for that.

Alfa should be another BMW or Porsche. They aren't because no one has the vision to be bold enough to understand that.

24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Depends on what Alfa you are talking about. This 4C might be the trophy Alfa if they market it that way, just like the 8C was. Most Alfa's are like sporty BMW's, atleast the styling is more sporty. If they build the 4C in the Maserati factory they will have to charge alot more so I don't think it will be cheap enough for the common enthusiast. The other Alfa's will be for the common enthusiast. This has always been the tradition at Alfa after they stopped making only high end cars with normal sporty touring cars/spiders for the common along with the throphy cars. The T33/2 Stradale, TZ1, SZ, 8C, Montreal ect. were all trophy cars in the Alfa lineup to name a few. Maybe they should focus more, but then they would not be Italian would they...Besides even crappy car makers like Toyota have trophy cars like the LFA.