Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by AmalgamCollection, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Is it possible to respond with a total parts count of a particular model? What if a model replica arrives with a small part that needs replacing- will Amalgam provide the needed part?

2. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    I wondered what are the exact parts number of the following? I am seriously consider buying:
    F40
    288GTO
    Pangani Huayra
    Bentley Blower

3. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    I have some important final decisive yet trivial questions for the following models:

1) can 288GTO's front lamp be popped up? (I know F40 one cannot)
    2) are the two tool box/bag holder on each side of the engine bay openable? they are hidden below the engine hood.
    3) what is the mechanism of opening the door, hood and the truck of 288 GTO?

thanks heaps!

4. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    My last question is
    Any Amalgam model car use real leather wrapping on their seat and upholstery? I must admit seeing the seats in hard resin and the resin molded simulation of the cloth/soft material covering the back part of Bentley blower is a bit disappointing .

Any chance amalgam planning to introduce the leather upholstery in ear future?

5. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Seems to me adding leather upholstery would increase the selling price.........

6. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    #56 rickytmk, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Price increased from Astronomical price still astronomical. So pretty much the same. Lol

7. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    If you list the model(s) you are interested in I shall endeavour to find out the parts count.
    We can supply replacement parts for most of our models, although the delivery time/cost can vary significantly. Some parts for recent models may be available immediately while parts of older models may need to be re-manufactured from scratch. If you have any issues with a newly delivered model, please notify us/send us images and we will of course address it as a matter of urgency.

8. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    #58 AmalgamCollection, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    We have experimented with the use of soft textiles but have never achieved a realistic enough effect due to the thickness of materials, acuteness of contours, size of grain etc. Therefore it isn't something we are likely to introduce unless there a suitably realistic and workable material is produced.

9. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    The front lamps do not pop up I'm afraid and the tool bags do not open.
    The doors open exactly as the real doors would by gently pulling the handle, which will pop the door open slightly, and to close you push the door and the catch will engage.
    The front truck lifts with a friction pin, there is a prop, fabric cover and removable spare wheel.
    The engine lid is released by gently pulling the rings on two sprung pin clips, there is a prop to hold the lid open.
    All models come with an instruction sheet with photographs illustrating how to operate the moving parts.

10. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    Thanks!
    The question reading the opening of the two tools/ storage conpartment is referring to Pagani Huayra- do you know if they can open? As I can see hinge there

11. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    May I know the part numbers for the following :
    1) 288 GTO
    2) F40
    3) pagani huayra
    4) Bentley blower
    5) Bugatti Atlantic 57SC
    6) Ferrari Lusso

12. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    7) LaFerrari

Thank you so much!

13. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Could please supply the parts count for the Amalgam Ferrari 250GTO, and was the model dimensions taken from Ralph Lauren's chassis #3987? or another 1:1 car?

14. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    In most cases the details of the 1:1 car used to build the model are kept confidential at the owners request. Rest assured we only scan the very best examples of any car we are producing as a model.

15. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006

Any updates about the parts count?

16. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    I wondered what Amalgam think is the top 5 best ever made models from their point of view?

17. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    We are currently pulling together all the 'vital statistics' of our models which we will add to our website when completed.

18. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    Sounds great!
    What will the vital statistics include?
    Roughly when will that data become available on your official website!

19. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    I think if we started that debate it would never end!
    As with everything, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and one's opinion of what is 'best' is naturally influenced by one's specific passion; be it Motorsport - F1/LM, Classic Road cars, modern Supercars etc. We replicate every car to the same level of detail and different cars present different challenges, but were equally proud of every one! Now, if you were to ask me personally...
    My top three would be the 330 GTC, the Ecurie Ecosse D-Type and the Bugatti 57SC.

20. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Vital stats will have dimensions, parts count, development and build time etc, and will be a little while before we can pull all the info together, but we're working on it!

21. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006

Any possibility the photographic illustrated instruction that comes with each model could be included in your new website update too?

22. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    I have recently purchased the following 1:8 models, and I am very pleased with all of them. They really are remarkable.

- 288 GTO
    - Enzo
    - F40
    - LaFerrari

The Enzo is the oldest model, and it doesn't have any moving parts, but it's still gorgeous. I'm looking forward to the F50.

23. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    Great collection !! Do u think the F40, 288GTO or the LaFerrari is a better made from Amalgam ? ( I know they are all very well made, but technically execution in modeling perspective)

24. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    I really wanna know if someone can tell me for the 1/8 Pagani Huayra whether
    1) the little luggage compartments on both side can be opened? As I can see the hinge there.
    2) does it comes with the luggages like those from F40?

3) how much roughly extra for bespoke lighting for this model?
    4) how is the lighting functioning and do you control the lighting and where is the battery hiding?

25. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Of the four, I believe the F40 is the most remarkable achievement. Having said that, the margins between the F40, the 288 GTO and the LaFerrari are extremely slim. The Enzo, having been designed a number of years ago, is not engineered with open or moving parts, therefore I wouldn't put it in the same league as the other three. Still, even though it doesn't have open or moving parts, the detail is superb (such as the view into the cabin, or the engine through the clear cover).

I have ordered custom display cases, so I have not fully unpacked the cars yet. Once my cases are here I will post many photos.