any Ferrari owners in the Philippines? | Page 21 | FerrariChat

any Ferrari owners in the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Verone, Jan 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Welcome to FChat Joe!

Taga Cebu sad ko.

2. speedoflight

speedoflight Rookie

Nov 28, 2007
    fremont, CA
    Full Name:
    joe s
    salamat bai. kuyog ta sunod nimo uli. hehe. always fun going back.

3. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    Great thread, guys. My daughter's in Quezon City now, visiting her Lolo, Lola and Titas for the holidays. Sure could use some lumpia for Christmas!

4. Rockyd

Rockyd Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    San Jose
    JAN 26 2008- Inviting filipino frerrari chat user in Norcal to watch 24 HR Daytona Race in my shop. Please PM for RSVP. Will have fine scotch and wine tasting. We will setup black jack and poker table. I invited some pro driver that will not run in Daytona. Porsche Fremont and Fletcher Jones will bring some of their car. We also invited DJ for music.

5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sounds good, please keep me posted as I will forget due to my busy schedule. Thanks:)

Mike

6. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Merry Xmas sa inyong lahat!

Ronnie

7. Verone

Verone Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2004
    merry xmas guys

8. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    wassup guys.
    i travel to asia 4-5 times a year, and i leave mid feburary for my next trip. i have been to almost everywhere in southeast asia but not Philippines, so i am hitting up manila on this trip.

i met a nice Philippino couple in shanghai last Oct, they told me Philippines is got some nice islands and beach resorts. i am wondering which one i should go chill at? i read about boracay and cebu, are they the 2 main island attraction for tourists? what is it like? is it just a city with a coast line? or is it more tropical setting like phuket of thailand, where resorts have its own private beach and u don't really need to go out of resort.

any info or suggestions will be appreciated, thanks guys.

9. Rockyd

Rockyd Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    San Jose
    #509 Rockyd, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. bates

bates Karting

Dec 7, 2007
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Hello everyone,

I'm actually visiting the Philippines after 17 years. I'm going to be there at the end of the month. I'm still unsure how long I'm going to stay but for some reason everyone is telling me that I'm going to like it there so much that I probably won't come back to the States. :)

Is it really that different from 17 years ago? Anyways, I'll be in Alabang. I think that's the only place i can remember there.

Thanks.

11. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I'm heading back to the motherland this year too. Probably in April or May. Hope to meet some Fchatters from the Philippines. I'm from Mabini/Batangas area.

12. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    Wow roro, we are also from Batangas. About half an hour away from you! :)

13. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone from Makati?

14. gjone

gjone Rookie

Jun 22, 2007
    Palmetto,Florida
    Full Name:
    Gerard J.
    Hello everyone! Happy New Year! I'm going to back to Cebu in May 2008 to visit and eat a lot of the Very Best Lechon in the entire Philippines.I'll be hangin out at the LOFT restobar in Cebu IT Park,iv'e heared this is the place to be and the numero uno nightlife spot in Cebu,has anybody here been to this joint yet?

15. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    yo guys whats in Cebu?

16. junior

junior Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Merced, CA
    Full Name:
    Junior Aguilar
    Hi Greg,

We're in for the Grand opening of your shop on Jan 26. I hoping people from SR will be able to attend too.

Jun

87 testarossa
    Koenig widebody 928
    Lotus Esprit

17. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Mahwon,

Just saw your mail. The Philippines has many beaches and resorts. My favorite is El Nido, Palawan, which offers spectacular seas and beaches. There are two resorts to choose from, both excellent. But Palawan is quiet and for the nature lover. Boracay has gorgeous beaches and a lively night scene. In Cebu, my favorite is Alegre Resort, but again this might be quiet for you.

Andy

18. bates

bates Karting

Dec 7, 2007
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thanks for that info too.

My flight leaves on the 28th of this month. My friends keep on saying that I'm not going to come back to the states. Anyways, I'll definitely check out the Palawan beaches. I've heard so much about them.

19. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    I used to be, Bel-Air1. I was the guy who always gets into s**t with the rockwell guards for popping wheelies on my Duc 996R. Parks in front of the (old) starbucks everyday too. I occassionally drove my rosso rubino/crema 308QV around the Market Market area too.

20. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    F-Cars tend to run hot even in colder climates. My 308 was always over-heating (in Manila) so I only drove it at night. My 348 (in L.A.) drove on the warm side too even in the cooler Cali weather. I doubt it was a fuel line, probably wasn't checking his engine temp. Sad and expensive mistake. Im sure he'll be taken care of by the dealer, those malaysian guys at the Pasig office were always very entertaining. The shop behind Forbes collected that particular car after the incident. It might still be there now.

21. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They said it was a loose fuel line. Ferrari is giving him a new car which is on the way...

22. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    They definetly should replace his F-Car then!

23. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    *Yahh! O Sige ba! I do plan going back soon, baka sa March... then again, my schedule with work is unpredictable. but definitely sa May/June.

*The best Lechon in Cebu is "CnT Lechon", its right across SM Cebu. I hear this place gets crowded during lunch and dinner obviously. They have a small booth location inside SM as well, you will not find it in the foodcourt section, just ask around. Dont forget to order "PUSO" (Hanging Rice) hehe... Lechon in Cebu, bowdown! For fresh seafood, ask for STK "ShootToKill" or "Sutukil" Its located in Mactan Island about 10mins from the Airport, and 5mins from Shangri-La. LOFT is a nice spot, classy crowd, lots of beautiful women :) The balcony was kinda small thou, enough room to hang out and enjoy my Montecristoss. You should also check out PASEO, its Cebu's latest hangout!!! (www.paseocebu.com) As you walk in, its one huge stadium lit up with neon lights. In the middle of the stadium is one dance floor surrounded by dozens of Bars and Restos. A little advice, get there as early as you can specially on Fri/Sat. Once parking gets packed, many has parked as far as 1/2 mile away. The price was wayy below reasonable, there were 15 people in my party. Total cost $45 (USD) thats with food, hookah, and 60 bottles of Red Horse (my buddies in Cebu have high tolerance, I only had 3 bottles that night haha..) Here in Hollywood, $45 is about 3 Patron shots, with tip, and again no pulutan...

*Andy! Musta na! I was just out there last Oct. I didnt have my cell phone at the time, atleast tawag lang at kamustahin kita. I finally visited Boracay for the first time. It wasnt as crowded as I thought it would be, then again it was rainy season. I had to see what Boracay was all about, the sand, the water, the nightlife.... Too bad I only stayed for 2nights, but it was so worth it, what an experience. As I got back to Manila, I met someone who owns one of the major resorts in Boracay, sayang nga ehhh, sa sunod balik, libre daw next time hehe... Sa Cebu naman, I stayed at Plantation Bay, its awesome! Alegre Resort is next on my list.

Ingat mga pare!

24. Rockyd

Rockyd Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    San Jose
    Reminder: All Norcal Filipino FChat invited on the open house of JD Motorsport on Jan 26. Please send RSVP to [email protected]

25. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    Thank you, abstamaria and donoe.
    I have 8 days, so I will be in Manila for 5 then Boracay for 3.
    What's there to do in Manila?