Any news from dealers re. 2006 F430 allocations? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any news from dealers re. 2006 F430 allocations?

Discussion in '360/430' started by CDM, Feb 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Carnut has it right, the 06 US Allocation is 1450, Midwest dealers will get about 35 cars for the year, some CA and FL dealers about twice that. I thought the Russia / China was a rumor, but its true, but its also not many cars at all, few hunderd at most, but subtracted from the US allotment. 2006 430 will be RARE, especially this summer. btw, owning both a 360 and 430, I must say, the 430 is worth more than 2x the 360 in driving value.

2. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    Ferrari Production North America 1350-1400 Cars
    13% are V12’s (575 Coupe, 575 SuperAmerica, 612) 350 V12’s
    87% are V8’s (F430, 360) 1050 Units

Cbreed- question remains though, why would Russian and China allocation be subracted entirely from the US market?

Remember that...
    F430 Coupe Production Started in Feb.
    F430 Spider Production Started in May/June

So in theory, with there actually being a full year of production this year, we should see more units, but given we've seen a slow down in deliveries cars may not be coming in at the rate they had been, therefore we may not see that many more F430's in 2006 even after you consider it was full production year, unlike 2005.

3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    All I know is that FoCF will only recieve 6 cars from here to july, thats what they told me, the forescast sucks.

4. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Well than they are getting SCREWED because the other two FL dealers are both getting waaay more cars than that from now till July. LOL in fact one of them gets more than double that in 430's alone per month!

5. FloridaChris

FloridaChris Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Gulf Stream, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris Wheeler
    More than double the six cars mentioned in the previous thread? That would be about 150 F430s per year, or almost 15% of the scheduled US production. I don't think so...

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I'm not sure how many of you were shown the allocation sheets and the reason I was is not that important, the end result is that depending on what car you might be waiting for and where you are on the list you might not see a car for longer than you were fist told. For anyone who is not waiting, not sure how this information matters to them one way or another. In my case since I am waiting for a gearshift coupe (which will be the least produced of all the 430's in 06), it matters alot.

7. littlewiz

littlewiz Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Anyone else have information from dealers re allocations?

8. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yes, notwithstanding other posters comments on the subject, I know for a fact that my dealer's build dates for his allocation this year have been delayed by about 6 months. His explanation: re-distribution of inventory outside the USA, and will continue into early 2007. Timing of the airbag issue (Fall '06) surely won't have a positive affect on supply either. How that gets resolved is in a crystal ball somewhere.

I sincerely believe, whatever the real reasons are, there's going to be a supply problem this year because HE offered me, unsolicited, a nice profit (that's wholesale!) over what I paid (MSRP+premium) for my '05 F430 Coupe. Not interested in selling at the moment but it certainly supports the supply/demand disconnect that has been raised recently on this Board.

Never, ever thought of this car as an investment, especially when I was willing to pay a premium for it. I figured at some point in the future the car would get MSRP and I'd lose my premium - no problem. But a profit ABOVE premium??? I'm talking double-digit ROI, and that's wholesale, remember! Not bad these days, huh?

Eh, what the hell do I know...?

9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    This week I did my own research and here is what I have been told. My production target date given to me last summer in June was mid to late 06 for a coupe 6 speed manual. He has received his new allocation and my mid to late this year has not changed. IMO I feel that dealers who are bumping customers 6 or more months are not being straight foreward. BTY my dealer has a deposit from me and is promisssing me a car, thankfully!!

10. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Yeah I fully agree, if dealers are telling you "due to allocation issues" your delivery date is being pushed back 6 months, they are lying.

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Did anyone ever consider that the dealers get dicked too? Yea, they may think that nothing has changed timing/allocation wise but when it comes right down to it it's a different story. The supply vs demand equation is no mystery. Bottome line is I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for some promised date. If you want one go make a deal now!!!!

12. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    After all it looks like I will get a F430 by july or august, I might get my order going on by the end of next month!!!

13. Hoyt Clagwell

Hoyt Clagwell Karting

Dec 5, 2004
    KY
    Full Name:
    Hoyt
    What part of the month do the dealers receive FNA updates on what cars will be selected for production from their enitre year's allocations ? I'm assuming that even though a dealer may know their entire year's allocation, they don't know how they will be assigned throughout the year.

14. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark

I agree.

15. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    there is only one way to price or determine the price tag of a Ferrari. The resell market ASK/BID open market. Look at the comparables nationwide, find the average, mode, mean, medium price - and there ya go. The MSRP, price over, blah blah blah is all noise.

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Very true and the same principle applies to other products.
    Only the market place shows the real value of the car and using that point of view everything starts to make sense,like the fact that even Ferrari is just a car and depreciates like all others.(from actual "market price")

17. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've been next-on-the-list for a 430 6sp coupe for at least 6 months. There is a chance I won't get one this year. I got the "fever" and traded in my 360 for a 360CS. If the F430 comes in this year, great, and if not the Stradale is a fun diversion...