Anyone care to analyze new texting while driving law? | FerrariChat

Anyone care to analyze new texting while driving law?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by drjohngober, Aug 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I support this new rule but not sure how they are going to enforce it. Using GPS and music apps on phone while driving are legal? So I am assuming that if we use one of the clamps that mounts on your AC vent then we are legal as you are not holding in your hand?

Texting & Driving / Hands-Free Laws in Texas - A Full Overview

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Unless the cops see you, I'll bet this will only come up in accidents.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Only idiots and morons use mobile phones when driving, i see them all the time where i live. The hand free units are equally as dangerious

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    From my observations, LOTS of them are texting buddies/pieces of ass, laughing it up, to notice. Yes, the driver.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I started riding motorcycles before I drove a car. I learned a lot time ago to look through rear windows to see what the moron at the wheel is doing. Even before cell phones it was scary.

goose22b likes this.
  6. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Similar - I was allowed to ride, before I was allowed to have a car, though I knew how to drive at 13. Still tend to be hyper-aware of surroundings, and I recommend it to parents when I can (usually to their horror). I don't get the obsession with having to know what Little Betty just, like, posted on FB, like, right NOWWWWW, or some text about whatever. Pull the eff over if it's so damned important!!! They won't even notice when they take out a cyclist, or mailbox, or the person standing at the mailbox.....

I want the police exemption cut (you know there is one), considering that glancing beside me to see one of these unbelted, macho-ah-thori-tah idiots I pay, staaring down in his lap while bounding down the road at 10 over, in a car I pay for, for the primary purpose of revenue generation for exactly what he's doing, tends to piss me off. Not that it seems to make a difference with any of the other things I mentioned just in that sentence alone......

7. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Agree, the way it reads, you can tell the officer you were changing channels on Pandora and its fine... ridiculous.
    It is going to be too difficult to enforce

8. goose22b

goose22b Rookie

Aug 11, 2017
    Prosper, TX
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Saw an officer this morning 9.8.17, parked in an odd location. As I came to a stop at the light, he was just looking into cars at the stop light to make sure no one was texting or on their phone... Be careful, even at lights!

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH