Anyone know this Diablo??? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this Diablo???

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Dan Ciezniewzky, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300005385564

its on ebay now, BUT I had been talking with them, when suddenly they just stopped replying to my emails after I asked about a PPI, they agreed then I told em I wanted to have it done up in Orlando rather then those b@stards at Pretiege in Miami, then they stopped replying to my daily email, WTF!??!?!

my guess is they are hiding something and are just looking for a sucker to buy it blindly...I mean they are in Florida btw, BUT its the exact car Ive been looking for, no yellow stitching or piping inside!!! :D also, they says its 6 speed (its 5) say all 6.0's were in KM (BS, US cars werent) and bmy the fog lap in the rear its eighter Euro or possibly Canadian...hmmm

I resisted posting any q's about it on here out of fear of "others" swooping in to buy it out from under me...again :(, but know its on ebay so no use there. I bid on it anyways and will do what it takes to win but buy NO MEANS will they see a penny till it passes the PPI, computer readout, leakdown, compression tests.

so can anyone help???
    anyone in the area that can take a look at it or take it for a spin to see if it runs fine??
    anybody know anything?!??!

after 2 years I want this one baaaaaaaaad!!!....if its clean

2. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Dan,

I think you have answered your own questions. If they are not willing to be forthright with you and let you get a reasonalbe PPI, the it's time to walk (or run) away. May want to call them personally, but if they are not willing to have a reasonable PPI done it's not worth it. I'm sure you know about the FL seller rep.

Steve

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    If you call them, I think they would answer more of your questions. Some dealers don't like sending e-mails back and forth and prefer to speak over the phone.

4. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

I like to get my info in writing :D
    and its harder to BS in an email

Im finding out some bad stuff in the L a m b o - p o w e r forum :(
    looks like in additon to the PPI I made it clear I needed to know ANY slight blemish to paint etc, and ANY detail overlooked I would consider lieing and would immediatly walk away. Turns out some big problems with the front bumper respray and allignment....wonder why they never got back to me :p

why is it so hard to find someone honest trying to sell a Lambo :(, worse than laywers!!!

5. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    Nothing wrong with cars on E-Bay, I bought three, never had a problem, but if your serious you need to call and show them you are, E-Mails and silly bidding are for kids.

6. xto

xto Karting

Mar 20, 2006
    Listen Dan. LEt me save you a lot of potential dissapointment. If you are really interested in the car, find the time and fly down there to see the car for yourself. Inspect it, negotiate a PPI at Ultimate in Orlando, have the 2 ECM's downloaded by Ultimate so you can check how the car has been treated. Get a test drive. Check the tires for being out of date, etc. Believe me if you try to do this over the phone or Internet they will simply look for easyer prey and and there are plenty of saps out there. Do not be one of them. Hold back your emotions and think with your head. Otherwise you may set yourself up for a BIG dissapointment and thousands of dollars in repairs.
    That dealer has had some questionable dealing s before. Most of us who have been around exotics know you do not buy from a South Florida Exotic car dealer. Lots of blood on the battlefield there, mostly belonging to the buyer.
    Now if the dealer will not agree to a PPI in Orlando ( your right not to trust Prestige in N. Miami ) run don't walk the hell out of there. BTW, be careful how you negotiate the PPI or you may wind up buying the car even if it has $$$$$ reapair work to be done. These dealers are experts at what they do and if you are not prepared you will lose bigtime. They have been down this road many time before.
    If you need any help with getting the PPI at Ultimate, assuming you even get that far, PM me as I can give you some help there. Good Luck but, as it is said, Caveat Emptor.....let the buyer beware.

7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I am rarely a **** stirrer, but seeing the number of postings you make here about different 6.0's, I gotta ask:

aren't you the same guy who lives at home and whose life plan, despite some good advice here to the contrary, was to live off your parents so you could afford a Diablo?

haven't you already had the opportunity, more than once, to buy the car of your dreams- most recently, through Roy, and you passed, yet still post here about various Diablos on your wish list?

is there a possibility that these discussions are fun for you, but that's where it stops--- and that you may outlive your welcome by continuing to gnaw at the same bone?

Sorry, like I said, i don't mean to get nasty, but I see all these posts started by you, and somehow, given what I remember from earlier threads, you may be jerking somebody off, including yourself. Let us know...

8. whammo!

whammo! Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    also, i made a topic about this car, he posts in it, and then starts a topic on the car again

then theres a topic about this car on L P and he starts another there too.

DAN, whats going on.

9. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    the PPI is where it went wrong, they sent me an email saying it would be fine to do one, then when I requested Ultimate Motorworks and asked more q's they cut off contact. If all that is wrong is a front bumper respray and alligning it correcting then its all good, just not worth what they are asking.

I do/did plan on flying down there, AFTER it passed PPI, no use in me going down there if its going to fail

10. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    which is why selling exotics is such a pain, every wannabe and dreamer guy with something worthless to trade crawls out from where they have been hiding to waste your time.

11. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

dont get me wrong, Im am VERY serious
    the car of my dreams is Pearl Yellow with ALL black interior, this is the ONLY one Ive ever seen like this, not even Roy has had one

second, Ive passed on Roy's for a couple of reasons, price being one, but not the main reason. I dont think he'd like me calling him out on everything in public about it eighter. Ill have a lil more respect for him than to do that.

If you know of mulitple Peal yellows for sale PLEASE let me know!!!, Im not gonna pass on em all

and living at home has nothing to do with it, between paying rent here and for storage for my cars Im spending over $700 a month, cleary enough for an apartment or a home, this simply is not an issue.

12. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    look above, I didnt find it on ebay, I had emailed them about the car for about 2 weeks, then when it was time to get the PPI they cut off contact and listed it...thus raising many questions about them :(

13. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

umm,Im lost?
    I made two identical posts (one here and one in L-power)
    trying to find out anything I can from anywhere, whats wrong with that???

the one on L Power Allan Lambo dirrected me to a post from Roy on July 8 about his experience with that car. Which BTW he had the same questions about the car I had.....two week eariler :), I even new it was Canadian...Im learning well :D

14. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    whammo, sorry you're right
    when I clicked on the link it didnt work
    check my L Power one, I posted the link twice cause I had the same problem with mine too, sorry for the confusion

BUT, I did and may still plan on buying it, dont know if you do aswell, so I feal my thread is completly legit too

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    HOLD on a F***ing MINUTE here buddy!!!!!!

CALL ME OUT? Go ahead CALL ME OUT!!!

I sent you several E-mails, you never responed. I EVEN OFFERED TO FLY YOU OUT FOR FREE to see the car, YOU DID NOT RESPOND!! You never made a counter offer on my price....which WAS lower than my advertised price that I gave you first shot at!

What are YOU CALLING me out on??????? The PICS did not match the exact car, I told you I would get you some soon, MY ADD even has a disclaimer on it SHOWING they are not of the exact car, that they are file photo only. LET me tell you something, if you dont know what car your looking for by now.......hell ALL the PICS in the world dont mean s**t.

I am proud of my reputation and my honesty. I have taken CARE of every ISSUE with anyone prior and after the sale of ANY of MY CARS!!

I challange you to FIND one PERSON I have not been great to on a sale of a vehicle!!

SO dont throw S**t around.......OH and next time you E-Mail me dont use YOUR DADDYS E-Mail address please.....use your own!!

I normally am not like this, BUT I will not let my HONESTY and INTGRETY be undermined the way you elude TO IT!!

By the way, the car IS STILL for sale, It is a PERFECT CAR and I stand behind 110%!!! Yes it is pricy, but you get what you PAY FOR!! If YOU WANT it you can still HAVE it.......

My OFFER OF A FREE FLIGHT OUT STILL HOLDS>>>>>>>

PRICE ON THE CAR IS $192,888.00

16. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Roy I looked at the link above and that car has a buy it now at 181k I thought. Maybe you are talking about a different car? I didn't see you mentioned in his posts. I like you would also be concerned if he was talking on line against you. You have a great reputation.

17. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    The car on E-Bay for 181K IS NOT my car, that is the one they are talking about.......

The CAR I OFFERED to DAN is on my web site www.catsexotics.com

Not the same car, MY car is a USA car, Pearl Yellow, 5400 miles and is in prestine condition........

CHeck it out.

18. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L

i'd say that's a "call out" right there. roy's rep is spotless and he is one of the few dealers that i would buy a car from sight unseen.

19. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    sigh, I dont want to get into a pissing match, but after you sent an email saying you didnt care about the profit I sent you one back questioning what that ment along with a list of questions:

On 6/28/06, Patrick Ciesniewski <[email protected]> wrote:
    screw the profit?? well would that bring it in at around $185kish?? :-D, that would make me estatic!....a good way too keep me as a life long client :)

some of the q's I had are in reguards to the service records and what has and has not been done as well as having all the records and books (manuals etc)

also the condtion is reguard to wear. Is there any where along the door sil from opeing and closing along the leather strip or any wear to the plate on the sil? Are there any cracks int he rubber seals too? How bout wear on the seats, is the leather still flat or is a lil wrinkled. Also the center armsrest.

You mentioned it was reprayed, when did this occur and are there any nicks or chips at all anywhere onthe car now?, the last gus car I looked at was suposed to have only one and I quickly found about 20, deffently scared me away.

I requrads to it being a two owner car, at what milage did the orginal owner sell it? Are eighter of the owners memebers on Fchat or Lpower that I could talk with?

Do you also have the computer readout on the car. Id be interested in checking out the time on the car aswell as max rpm, failed starts, ecu temps/ engine bank temps, and making sure both banks are running similar stats in other areas.

also, whats the VIN number, build date, and which number is it in the line?

let me know about those and Ill think of some more for tommorrow

good evening

dan

YOUR responce was this:

I think we are spinning r wheels here.....I would not even think of letting it go for less than 193k........I WISH THE BEST IN YOUR SEARCH.....but try and find a pearl yellow car with less than 6K miles for this price.........no hard feeelings. At the Montery in less than 8 weeks it will GO for 195K EASY!!!

you answered NONE of the q's other than the price :(

second, my concerns arose over the pics that didnt match, long story short the pics you orginally sent were of Al Burtoni car in the desert. Now either he sold it to you or your are consinging it, BUT when its still on his page and you told me YOU paid 180k for it, but dont have it ( its in your San Jose storage place) something is wrong. Also you had the exact desert pics of the car up a few months ago but told me you just got the car and was having it checked over by Steve, who btw NEVER called me to talk about the condition as you said he would. Also, in YOUR ebay listing and on you page you still have the wrong pics of the car up (on your page you only added they were file pics AFTER I question you on them) but why didnt you note it on your ebay listing??? Second, you can CLEARY see by looking through the window it has yellow insert, dash, seats, etc rather than only the stiching and piping, whats up with that?? You've had about a month to get real pics of your car?? If you do infact own it. If you dont its fine, I have no problem with co signing it, but dont say you bought it for 180k when its still on his page. I emailed him in regaurd to his car, if it is his.
    The pice, when I talked with you you said its was a 200-205k car and you would be kind enough to let me have it for 192, which btw is what anyone can have it for now on ebay, not the 197, 198, and 199 it was on your page for with different prices depending on the day, again, if its is your you can ask any price you want for it, its your choice, just dont tell me you're giving me a "Fchat deal" when your not.

Like I said above I didnt want to call you out about my concerns in public, but the topics you gave above I have now addressed the ones you gave. I still think you have a good rep, otherwise I wouldnt even bother considering your cars. Ive seen in the past you get some facts wrong with being "1 of 1" or miliage, or whatever and others correct ya so Im understanding with all your cars you can get pics and facts mixed up, but it does raise my concerns when it happens, thats all.

20. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    also going back through my emails, you only replied to a fiew of them :(
    my concerns started when you sent pics of Al Butnois car saying the pics were " just taken this morning outside the shop" which was total BS, those pics were up since at least December. Then when I questioned you you pasted the blame off on your kid saying he sent wrong pics and the current pics(on your page and ebay) were correct, when there NO CHANCE IN HELL they are, see the yellow dash there?? Then again when I questioned you, your reply was how the pick ment "sh!!t" and they all yellow Diablos look the same. You would think with a 200k car you could get actual pics of it.
    On some emails you seemd to go back and forth between being sorry for the mistakes to being pissed that I would have the gull to question you, split personality or something or was I dealing with more than one person? idk, But on this thread without even bringing up my concerns your reaction was less than composed.....again this is where your good rep here kept me from running away, but then after not hearing from Steve or gettin any answers to my repeated questions on the condition of the car I gave up.
    Btw, it was nice to offer to fly me out, but like with the Fl car, if its condition is questonable then it serves no perpose to waster my time. The flight was nice, but with me (and I assume you too) with free flying miles from credit cards it wouldnt have cost me oy likey you a dime, so showing up wasnt a concern.

21. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    all this being said, no hard fealings :)

AND

does anyone else know anything about the FL car???

22. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Well this is a fun thread. I've never bought a car from Roy or any exotic for that matter. I will say if I were in the market form what I've seen and heard from Roy, I would trust his word about any car he is selling.

Also I have doubts about weather or not your serious about that car as you seem to be questioning the yellow inserts and those are from another car other than one in question.

Roy- I like the description on the diablo VT :)

23. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    that was a part of the initial concern, posting pics of a car obviously NOT the one for sale...didnt you read above??

if I posted pics of a car, say a McLaren F1, and said it was mine when it obvously wasnt would you question it? OF COARSE!!!!!!

24. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Dan I think it's fair to say your being a bit naive here, it's common practice for dealers to use archive pics in ads, I can name dozens of dealers who've used them.

Given the considerable list of Lamborghinis Roy's physically owned and the paucity of cars you've owned you really should reconsider your approach

So far people on Fchat have heard alot of talk from you about buying a lamborghini but no car.......attacking somebody who's not only a respected dealer but also a multiple owner is rather silly and highlights your inability to buy a Lambo

25. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    #25 Asian1118, Jul 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well perhaps I'm looking at the wrong car, or I am getting the story mixed up but the one that has the yellow inserts for the dash seats all the rest is the :
    LAMBORGHINI 1999: DIABLO VT ALPINE EDITION $169,888

The lambo in question that you inquired to with only yellow stiching is the:
    LAMBORGHINI 2001: DIABLO 6.0 VT $192,888
    Looks good to me
    Image Unavailable, Please Login