Anyone rented an exotic in Argentina? | FerrariChat

Anyone rented an exotic in Argentina?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by E_Man, Jan 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Traveling there next week for business and pleasure. Never been before. Yes I know the economy and the political situation doesn't look good at all. Thinking of renting a F car or Porsche and seeing the country side? I hear there are parts of Argentina with no speed limits? Anyone done this before?

2. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Karting

Jul 24, 2012
    Not sure where you are going but there's a speed limit everywhere I believe (or at least where I've been which was a fair bit of it but not much close in to Buenos Aires). In rural argentina (or at least my experie of much of it, haven't been in a couple years but I can't believe given politics things have gotten better) there's next to no enforcement, but the roads are quite often crap - broken pavement, gravel, generally horrible for driving in anything other than an SUV. I wouldn't want the hassle of being in an F-Car or P-car

3. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm going to B.A. Hmmm... not exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for sharing.

4. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    you'd better keep a low profile while you are there....

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    BA is fine. It's not as fine as Beverly Hills of course but there are some nice cars around. Not worth renting an exotic though if you will be in BA.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Uruguay is much safer for that & the roads are much better

No idea where you'd rent one though

I can put you in touch w someone if you want to rent a race car down there

Of course there plenty of fun to be had in BA without a car LOL

7. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Karting

Jul 24, 2012
    I'd say more fun to be had without a car and without having to drive, cabs and drivers are cheap and the wines quite nice;)

It's a big city, if you stay in some of the neighborhoods - Recoleta, Palermo - everythings copacetic. Other parts... not so much. Watch out for pickpockets/petty crime.

8. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks guys. It will be my first time to South America. Staying at a nice hotel in Recoleta then traveling to Punta del Este in Uruguay. No race car needed.. But it sounds like it should be off to the races :)

9. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I just returned from BA. What a great time. The only thing I didn't do was go to the Juan Miguel Fangio Museum- which is outside of BA. Oh well, next time.

10. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Next time you are wellcome to Chile,a lot of exotics cars and pretty nice places to go and visit.

11. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Miami is the most beautiful South American city LOL

12. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    The exotics in BA have a VW badge on them ...

13. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    SMART cars, Minis, & Audi TTs are exotic in BA

14. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    You may want to reconsider the exotic car idea in BA. I was mugged for my watch about a year ago on a Sat morning in a busy tourist area.... You may want to avoid attention.

15. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It's been almost a year now since I travelled to Argentina and like most have said here, driving an exotic in this part of the world is NOT a good idea. If someone offered me one for free I would turn it down because its the equivalent of putting a bounty on your head.
    We did rent a car and drove from BA to Rosario, Santa Fe, which was around 200-300 miles. I didn't see one police car the entire time, but its not just the police you worry about there.

16. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Good advice, I wear my place Casio & try to stay low profile in SA

It's not Miami

17. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    When the Hubster and the Slutmobile are in Miami that is when things get serious!