anyplace to do some car spotting in hong kong | FerrariChat

anyplace to do some car spotting in hong kong

Discussion in 'Asia' started by wsaraceni, Aug 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    it seems like most videos i see online of car spotting in hong kong involve getting invited to some underground garages that are just filled with exotics. since im sure that involves connections or finances i lack in, im hoping there is a few other places ill be able to catch a few cars for my 2 week work trip.

2. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    Shanghai/PRC
    Underground parking garage at the Wanchai Grand Hyatt Hotel (part of the huge Exhibition Centre): Hong Kong Automall Home | Automall

Drive Safe! DILLIGAF

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Try looking up the address for Elite Detaling. They always have amazing stuff.
    Id drive by SPS performance as well.

SPS Automotive Performance

4. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    can you just go walk around? i dont believe i will be that far from that area as i'll be at the mandarin oriental so ill probably be walking around.

5. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010

great. thanks. i just saw the SPS performance stuff in an effspot video where they had a ton of awesome things. ill walk by both places.

6. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    Shanghai/PRC
    Yes and you can take pictures as you walk through, no dramas ~ no worries...
    Drive Safe! DILLIGAF

7. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    Great. Seems like a dinner at the steakhouse and some car spotting is in order

8. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    Checkout IFC. 5 minute walk from Mandarin Oriental. The car park is loaded with exotics as well as the Four Seasons valet. Pacific Place and the hotels surrounding it is a great place for spotting too.

If you stand on a footbridge on Connaught Road C or Harcourt Road, you will see lots of cars drive by.

9. JimC

JimC Karting

Jul 11, 2002
    HK / Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Sunday morning at Big Wave Bay parking lot is one of the regular meet up spots, however it's quite a bit away from the MO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hk458 likes this.
  10. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    would you believe i found this place and couldnt figure out where the cars were. there is a ton of people there today though. im going to try again during the week and hopefully find the lower levels because there was nothing on the first level.

11. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    Shanghai/PRC
    #11 DILLIGAF, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Go to Grand Hyatt HK (Wanchai) hotel and ask the hotel concierge (bell boys) to point the location out to you, its just down the driveway by the Grand Hyatt entrance, need to take elevator to the lower parking levels, easy as ~ look out for the signage as per attached pic, they have them at the parking garage outdoor entrance door and the elevators....

Hey ~ you might want to try to talk your way into the holy halls: Blackbird Automotive Ltd. one day and wish you good luck!

Drive Safe! DILLIGAF
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    im here for a few more days but will most likely be working so i unfortunately doubt ill see an Aventador SV (car i was hoping to see most) but i just got back from the IFC 2 Building Garage and it wasnt all that bad.

Here's what i saw in just that garage (which was mostly empty)

Gen 1 R8
    Tons of old and new bentleys and RR
    Blue F430
    Red 360 Challenge Stradale!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2x White F12
    A crazy blue 488
    a Green Huracan with factory aero kit
    2 orange mp4-12c (the best color on these cars i think)
    grey f430 spyder
    Black 458
    Red California
    Black Gallardo
    a 488 that was metallic grey with a red roof (definitely not my first choice in colors)
    and a red with white and blue striped 458 aperta

overall, not a bad hour walk around a parking garage.

13. JimC

JimC Karting

Jul 11, 2002
    HK / Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Saw this SV at a parking garage the other night along with others...Don't know much about Lambos but I wonder if the one under the cover is a lamborghini centenario...all I can tell is no wing. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

14. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    nice. is it a public garage? hard to tell from the picture.

15. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    SPS in kowloon bay had an awesome zonda, f50, tons of porsche, and a covered huayra thats black and yellow. around the corner was another shop with a vorsteiner huracan parked out front

16. JimC

JimC Karting

Jul 11, 2002
    HK / Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yup...its at a public parking garage at Kowloon Bay. Don't think it's worth to make a special trip though

17. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    thanks for sharing

18. Zen Lee

Zen Lee Rookie

May 2, 2018