Assetto Corsa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Awesome. In high settings as well? Anti Alias and all that?

2. Bounce

Bounce Formula 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Is this game poorly optimised or what? I've running an i7 at 5ghz 2 x GTX680s in SLI and only 1080p at the moment.

I don't find the game graphically impressive compared to Pcars which I have zero issues with.

Yet Assetto corsa constantly ends up in memory leaks over certain parts of tracks, or randomly dropping FPS for no reason.

I like it, but Pcars runs 100x smoother and looks better.

I was really looking forward to it but I can't play it like this.

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Too early to compare games, it's still considered an alpha. Pcars is a beta with over 250 builds and it's going to be multiple platform so they would have dedicated programmers just for optimization.

Considering how small the developers of AC are compared to SlightlyMad Studios they are doing a great job.

4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    33% off this weekend on steam. :eek:

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  6. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    50% off for today and tomorrow on steam :)

8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Here is the current state of the game now that it's no longer Early Access.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFO50w_XYY[/ame]

9. FerrariFan1991

FerrariFan1991 Karting

Jan 23, 2011
    Southeast FL
    Full Name:
    Greg D.
    I've been playing AC for the last 6 months, and it has steadily improved. Kunos addresses issues quickly, and listen closely to the player community for feedback and issues. On top of that, the physics are incredible, and it's quite visually stunning. Car/track selection is quite limited right now, but the cars/tracks that are available are great choices. With a capable PC, solid wheel/pedal setup, and nice monitor/TV, the experience is incredible. AI is smart, fast, reactive, and not convinced they're taking part in a demolition derby.

The best money I've spent on a driving game/sim, hands down.

10. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It's not quite iRacing, but the cars suit my tastes a lot better. Ruf CTR yellowbird vs. F40 is a blast. Still some issues with the Oculus Rift but good enough to have fun.

11. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    With the new "Dream Pack" you can now race a P1 against a LaF.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What a game. I bought it on Sunday and have barely stopped playing during any free time I have!

Some of my favourites are the Mercedes 190E (revving to 9500, and such an enjoyable chassis) and the Mclaren F1 GTR. The noise on the F1 is awesome, and it pulls so strong through the gears.

F40 coming on boost is pretty special as well. Finally a game/sim that gets coming on boost right!

Playing with G27 of course. Like any sim, it will be **** with controller/keyboard.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm currently playing in the ''ALOOG gentlemen SPA server'' with the 458 GT2. No assists on and my best is a 2.18.2, was on course for a 2.17.6 yesterday until I got blocked and subsequently on all my following laps.

Getting the wheel settings right is an absolute must. Put it in your logitec profiler at 900 degrees and the game will adjust it to real numbers for all cars used (eg single seaters are closer to 270 degrees, and around 460 for the GT2 I think).

I had it on my settings I used for Rfactor and the game was almost unbearable. Whereas before my ''fast lap'' was a low 2.19 those are now my dead slow ones.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Update. 2.17.5 with a few mistakes... I think a very low 17 was possible.

15. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I'm tempted to try this game.

I've been a console player all of my life, but I've been wanting to try iRacing and this.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If you have a wheel I highly recommend it.

17. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    What wheel is a good wheel for this game? SUb $150 budget? I haven't played racing sims in over a decade. Getting tired of war games and first person shooters.

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    </title> <meta content="Support and Downloads" name="Search_category" /> <meta content="" name="Search_title" /> </head> <script> $( document ).ready(function() { if(false){ $(".full-specification-btn").click(); } }); </script> <head> <meta HTTP-EQUI

You're only option in your budget to be honest. Personally I'd spend more and get at least a G27.

Fanatec makes great wheels as well but above your budget too...

19. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I started looking, the budget was set out of thin air. The G27 looks to be a good deal as well as a solid deal. The last thing I want is a wheel that takes away from the fun rather than add to it. I do not know want to spend in the $500 class, because this could be a phase I am going through. Racing games are not typically what I play. :) Thank you for the help though, you confirmed what my thoughts were. ( My thoughts after I was lazy and looked for myself that is!)

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I have a G27 myself. When/if I do upgrade it'll be a complete fanatec setup unless I can stretch for a custom setup (Frex pedals/shifter/wheel unit and a Zroso wheel, but then you're looking at over €3K!!).

For now I'm very happy with my G27 and in no hurry to swap over. The new Fanatec stuff is utterly fantastic though, it really is a step up from G27. But if you're not sure how long you'll be playing, definitely go for the G27. They hold their value very well so if you want to get rid it's easily done.

21. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    That's what I like to hear! Thanks for the help

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No problem!

So far Assetto Corsa has left me a bigger impression (physics wise, and that's the only thing I really care for) than Project Cars.

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  24. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando