Atlanta Spotters Thread | Page 99 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Zupra, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Saw a black Conti GT, a black RennTech SL Benz, and some assorted Maseratis when I was in town yesterday for the Coldplay concert.

From the thread, looks like there's quite a selection in Atlanta. Cool stuff!!

2. Horse-power

Horse-power Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2006
    Atlanta/Florida
    Full Name:
    West
    #2452 Horse-power, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1.Maserati Bi-Turbo in red on Habersham
    2.Audi R8 in red on Roswell road
    3.Ferrari 360 Modena in blue off of Roswell road at a car stereo shop
    4.Ferrari 308 GTS in red at Red Barons auction
    5.Ford GT40 replicar in Gulf colors at Red Barons
    6.Ferrari F430 spider in dark red on Roswell road just past Habersham
    7.Ferrari F430 spider in red at Pricci's restaurant
    8.Lamborghini Gallardo coupe in yellow on Pharr Rd.

The Maserati sounded good and appeared to be in great shape.The R8 looked great in red. Note the large prancing horse statue in front of the 308. The GT40 replicar was race ready.... even the roof of the drivers door had the space for a drivers helmet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2453 ZonderF, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
    I've been slacking lately, here's a few from the past few days

Maserati Spyder at Tin Lizzy's
    Murcielago on Peachtree
    Gallardo
    430 that was parked on the side of the road with it's flashers on Pharr Rd
    Aston
    Today...

Ciara's Murcielago at Butler Tire...it was dirty as crap, you can even see it in the picture
    355 at Peachtree and Piedmont
    Vantage? at Peachtree and Lenox Rd

Also seen today but no pics were a black on black 430 at Phipps (the owner was getting in to leave so I didn't want to startle him by snapping a picture), a red 430 at Intercontinental and an Aston at a lounge off of Roswell Rd.

4. Greer

Greer Karting

Mar 20, 2005
    Alpharetta GA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Greer
    #2454 Greer, Nov 8, 2008
  5. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Nice spot Jeremy....like that color combo. Yep, thats a V8 Vantage, Andrew. BTW, those are going for cheap. You can pick one up between 70k-80k -----> CHEAP. A lot of car prices are fallen.

On a side note, that murci belongs to Ciara? Damn, I knew I should have gone after her when I saw her pull out of that parking lot. Damn, I just knew something was special.....just thought it was some random rich chick....damn, kicking myself in the ass. On that day, I saw the lp640 at the auto show and seeing that blue murci with aftermarket rims didnt do it for m3, so thats why I let the opportunity pass by.

6. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #2456 ddemuro, Nov 9, 2008
    A few spots this weekend:

Saturday, November 8:
    - light blue Aston-Martin DB9 Volante at a car wash on Roswell Road near Wieuca Road.
    - red Ferrari F430 at Capitol Grille in Buckhead.
    - pink/red Hummer H1 on Trout Unlimited plates at Tin Lizzy's. I took this shot only for the color, which was much more pink in person.
    - black Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph (bad picture, I know) at the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead.

Sunday, November 9:
    - black Bentley Continental GT Speed on 'Race Car Hall of Fame' plates on Roswell Road near Andrews Drive.
    - gray Ferrari F430 Spider on New Jersey plates at Lenox Mall valet.

7. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2457 ZonderF, Nov 9, 2008
  8. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I saw that Phantom in late October at Lenox on completely different (also dealer) license plates and thought the same thing - did they make the wheels smaller? Sure looks like it.

9. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2459 ZonderF, Nov 10, 2008
    DBS!!!

I followed down Mt. Paran all the way to Northside where he turned and I decided to go home. I first saw it turning onto Roswell Rd from Glenridge, my guess is that it's a doctor from Northside Hospital

And yeah Doug, those wheels look like a smaller size than the ones that it comes with

10. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    possible explanation: smaller diameter rims means a larger sidewall which equates to a smoother ride... possibly the owner wanted different wheels than stock but didn't want to get low profile tires which give a much bumpier ride.

11. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    God I want to see this car - great spot!

12. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    #2462 ppatel9, Nov 11, 2008
    Went out for a late night food run and I spot very familiar set of headlights. I already knew what it was, so I went to pursue it. Silver, still on dealer tags, R8. It was an older couple driving through a not so good part of ATL....later turned onto 75 north from Howell Mill. Getting onto 75, he floors the thing.....he knew I was in pursuit so he was trying to lose me.....cant lose me that easily. Here are some crappy pics from cell phone.

13. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Hey, does anyone know if the Scuderia is still at the Ferrari dealership? I want to go check it out but I feel hesitant b/c I dont know anyone and they might kick me out or something. It'll be me first time in a Ferrari dealership or any exotic car dealership for that matter. You guys want to go as a group or something if its still there, or meet up there?

14. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom

I have no idea if its still there, but i went up there for the first time about a month ago and the people are extremely nice and were not to bothered from me walking around for an hour.

15. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yeah they definitely don't care if you come up there and look around...I've been up there a few times and had my camera out taking pictures of the cars in the showroom and nobody has said a word to me. While you are up there, you should stop by the Porsche dealership on Mansell Rd, they have a silver Carrera GT for sale and they are always real cool there too.

16. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I went up there the other day and do not recall seeing a Scuderia. However, they do have a 575M Superamerica, which is certainly a more interesting, more exotic car.

17. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Awesome.....I think I'll go up there this weekend and check it out. Glad they're nice about it.

18. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    I have heard the Superamerica has been sold and is no longer there, but do not know for sure.

19. Greer

Greer Karting

Mar 20, 2005
    Alpharetta GA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Greer
    #2469 Greer, Nov 13, 2008
  20. Enzo888

Enzo888 Rookie

Sep 5, 2008
    North Atlanta Suburb
    All of your guy's photos are my favorite thing at this whole website....Thanks.....You now have camera groupies....LOL

21. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Ill be out there this weekend when I go home. I'll take quite a few pics for your viewing pleasure plus the Sugos gathering. ATL spotters....if you guys can come out that would be great. Check up on the Sugos thread from now till Saturday.

22. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Saturday day...

Viper RT/10
    R8...it didn't take long for this one to make it to Buckhead..
    GT Speed
    DB9 Convertible...finally, an Aston owner left the badges on the back so I could tell what it was
    Phantom

Then later on, I didn't have my camera with me and the phone doesn't do so well at night, saw a silver 430 and a black NSX in Buckhead, and a black 360 at the W Midtown

23. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #2473 ddemuro, Nov 17, 2008
    From the last few days:

Monday, November 10:
    - black Bentley Continental ('91 to '03) on Honorary Consul plates at a restaurant in Inman Park.

Saturday, November 15:
    - silver Aston-Martin DB9 Volante on Breast Cancer plates at Lenox Mall valet.
    - yellow Ferrari F430 Spider on Florida plates on Highland Avenue in Virginia Highland.
    - brown Rolls-Royce Phantom on Peachtree in front of the Intercontinental.

Sunday, November 16:
    - silver Lotus Esprit 25th Anniversary Edition at Murphy's on Virginia and Highland.
    - silver Rolls-Royce Phantom on Highland Avenue in Inman Park.

24. euro_exoticar

euro_exoticar Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Gainesville GA
    Full Name:
    Justin Edward Jones
    It has been a while since i have posted but i have a couple of spots from a while back. The first great spot i had was a F430 Scuderia in red on I-75. Gainesville where i live is becoming a great place to spot cars recently. So far I have seen a Ford GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari 348, not one but TWO Aston Martin DBS's one in green and one in black. The Lamborghini Gallardo is a friend of mine at school, and the same with the green DBS. I will try to get the pictures up, but it might be a while.

25. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2475 ZonderF, Nov 19, 2008