Aussie Ferrari Spotters Thread?? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Aussie Ferrari Spotters Thread??

Discussion in 'Australia' started by v15ben, Jul 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    Great pics of the 430 Dingo. Keep that digital camera shutter in active mode.

2. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    great pics Dingo, thankx for sharing.
    Anyway back to spotting
    i saw a nice black 360 in lt collins st in the city parked outside Satch, i think it was the owners car?
    however did not have camera with me !

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Surely none of you think the worst of me? DH, naturally, refers to dingo being a "die hard" ferrari spotter. where DO you guys have your minds?

4. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Nicely done! :D

5. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Thanks for the website. I'm ordering 12 pairs as we speak.

6. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    NOT AT ALL

7. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Thats what I thought....and 'waste of space' referred to what exactly?

8. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    well duh...are you looking for trouble or something? Obviously i meant all these photos are wasting space on my hard drive. Why do you people always look for the worst of others? Geez...I don't know.

I wonder why Wayne lets phil call me mean names. Maybe he agrees with him.

On the other hand, maybe some moronic simple minded person sent him here to check this out? I guess we'll never know. I'm sure they don't have more than one set of rules here.

10. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No, I did. :)

11. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    but if the photos are so **** why do you save them to your hard drive at all?

there you go with the name calling again, and misguided at that (once again). I would say you owe Mark an apology.....but I wouldn't expect one from you.

Anyway enough of this ****, this is a spotters thread so either you have something positive to contribute or don't post at all. ;)

12. Pete Wall

Pete Wall Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks for the images, Dingo.

Confirming what you said, the week the 430 arrived, Ray at Barbagallos said that the car would be licensed and used as a demonstrator! There is a considerable waiting list so it surprised me.

They still have on the showroom floor, by the way, a new 360 spider with F1 shift. Daytona trim seats. Rosso corsa duco and tan upholstery.

ciao,
    Pete

13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't.

Now how can i POSSIBLY be accused of name calling if I had no idea who it was, if anybody? I was hypothesising!

Now that I know who it was.......oh well!

Hey....you're not trying to tell me when i can post, are you? My my...aren't you the big man suddenly since you've suddenly got someone backing you! Well, if you can keep posting photos of mostly (you have posted some good ones) cars that we've all seen pics of many many times before and don't need to see again, then I guess I can post stuff that not everyone wants to read too, right? :)

At the end of the day, I suppose I can put your posts on ignore, and you, please, feel free to do that with mine.

14. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Yes it suprises me also.....but he needs something to entice the customers with I suppose. ;)

As for the 360 its pretty damn expensive for a 'previous-model' car - it was also sitting outside the day the F430 was out.

Do you know what happened with the blue 550? It wasn't there anymore last Saturday, though it may just have been in the workshop. :confused:

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ok...well that last two were VERY ho hum....but what on earth was the first one?? See Dingo, that's what you call an interesting photo.

I really couldn't decide if it was a total fake, or if someone was modifying a real one. tell me more!

16. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  17. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah, what's with that? i think Plessboy owned one, and i got loads of close-up shots of one of the best examples on the planet a month or so ago, and something doesn't look right...

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62729

18. 348CH

348CH Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    The Reverend Dr.
    my money's on a fake...

19. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    #120 FFOUR, Jul 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for the pics vegas, I'm also intrigued to the story behind the first two....

-------

I caught this 575 blasting down St Georges Tce this morning....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    The Dino is being painstakingly restored at a long established and very reputable car restoration/coachbuilding business located on the Central Coast region of NSW. According to the restorer, the owner is a Japanese zillionaire who had the vehicle flown over from Japan for the painstaking restoration and subsequently to be flown back after completion. It will be painted - wait for it - RED. That's all I know of the deal. Draw your own conclusions. All I can suggest is - if he's that rich, why restore a replica? Here's another shot of the rear end.

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00002154lk.jpg

..... and here's a furphy pic of mine for the protagonists........

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=132fr.jpg

21. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    #122 ashsimmonds, Jul 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hmm, i've seen gabillions of pics of 246GTS's and don't recall seeing an elongated wheel-arch like this, all versions of the 206/246 i've seen have an arch that surrounds the wheel better, obviously i haven't seen them all yet though. :cool: also the side intakes look more like those from a 308.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    sure doesn't add up to me! maybe scott will know something. he knows all sorts of trivial stuff about these OHOS

23. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Regrettably, it looks like a genuine 246 that is getting the "Fast and furious" treatment.
    Nothing like this ever left the factory originally.

24. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

That, to put it mildly, SUCKS! Poor Dino :(