Aventador-difference in model years? | FerrariChat

Aventador-difference in model years?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by blackbolt22, May 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I did a search here and came up with nothing. I'm on a site called L talk. It's pretty weak in the Aventador section. Not a lot of posts or info. Any other sites that could be better? I educated myself on Ferrari right here on Fchat.

So we go to Prestige Imports in Miami today, a L dealer. Nice sales guy tells us transmission in '12 and '13 models is pretty rough and violent when you shift. He recommends a 2014 and up. So as we know 2012 was the first year .

(On a separate note, he tells me they sold 42 cars last month! Pretty righteous.)

It's not a Cadillac so a super smooth gear shift isn't that important or is it?

Just want to get some owner thoughts on this. Any other big differences in model years? We're just starting to educate ourselves on this model like we did before we bought our other cars.

2. dougnshari

dougnshari Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Derby, KS. 67037
    Full Name:
    Doug Kennedy
    Try Lambo Power for owners thoughts.

3. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #3 leead1, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    I bought my 2013 new in 2013. The transmission at first under high throttle was tough.
    I complained to the dealer who told me that is the way they are designed.

Then a month later the dealer called and told me the factory had a free fix. That solved the problem.

My car is 700 hp the later years are 720 hp. This happened when the Hellcat was introduced which has 7007hp.

The car has been reliable with no problems. I love the looks, power and handling.

I hope you find what you are looking for. I would buy the year you can get the best deal and cleanest car. They may have made other changes I am not sure.

Lee

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    So a software update? I haven't test driven yet. Both dealers have offered a test drive but I guess I'm a bit old school. Not ready to buy just yet. Still tire kicking a bit.

Thanks for advice Lee.

5. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    +1 for checking out Lambo Power.

2013 had some software changes that were significant.

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Yep. +1 on Lambo power site. Thanks.