Aventador! | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Aventador!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SFchallenge, Oct 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Are you serious?

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Entry level Lamborghinis start at 180k for the 550-2 (non Balboni) coupe. They need to make more people aware of it.

3. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    #628 Miura Jota, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    * a) January 2011 : Only one model (Gallardo is available in showrooms all over the world)
    whereas Ferrari offers , 458, California, 599 Scaglietti etc.

* b) most LP670 SV were allocated to emergent economies markets such as China , Singapore , Russia etc.

only a handful SV were allocated to US dealers ...

What's the big deal if a Connecticut dealership closes ?
    most cars will find their way thru other place

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Just because the owner of particular franchise has other dealerships has nothing to do with the operation of that individual franchise. Most dealerships operate each franchise as separate business entity even those that share the same building.

In this case it was at a separate building across and down the street from the other dealerships. They have their own staff, service dept and own advertising budget. They sink or swim on their own.

In this case a Lamborghini franchise in Greenwich should have been with Miller Motorcars. In Spring Valley, then it should have been with New Country.

5. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The beginning of the front wheel arch, around the a-pillar is classic Gandini.
    I do think the rear diffuser is a bit understated, though.

6. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    100% Correct; they should make more people aware!! By the way, the actual base is just a tad higher (@$187,900). Which by the time a customer adds just some meager options, boosts the cost up to the tipping point again. Most of the cars that I've seen, on dealer's floors, have had stickers averaging from $240k-$280k. They've scared some buyers away with those lofty numbers, for a so-called "entry level car". It's somewhat late (now) for them to attempt to project the 'price benefit' that the LP550-2 (non Balboni) could have given. Oh well. :(

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Probably worse for Gallardo sales is that the R8 V10 starts around $155k, giving you 98% of the AWD performance from the same engine and a newer interior.

8. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    I still would love to see what Jason Castriota would design if given this account.

9. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    And...... the VW/Audi group makes a handy profit selling 'that' car ..... Don't they ? There is really not that much different, with the exception of the body shell that they 'plop on'. Is there? ;)

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto.

11. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    #636 TheBigEasy, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Another Reventon.

13. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Opps, it is! I didn't even realize... I guess the new design really isn't so revolutionary after all. lol.

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #639 ryalex, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    I don't think that most buyers would really look that deeply into differences. It's whether the buyer of a 190+mph V10 AWD sports car wants to be branded a more conservative, staid Audi driver or a more youthful, flamboyant Lamborghini driver. There's probably a fair demographic that wants to fly a little more under the radar by "only" driving an Audi - men in more reserved professions, smaller markets where you would stand out otherwise, etc. There are a lot of lawyers who drive BMWs, but I know a bankruptcy lawyer with a Gallardo who catches a lot of flak for it around the court house (or at least the haters make it known)... he's the biggest in Nevada and probably clears 7 figures based on his 2000+ cases per year (crazy eh), but if he had an R8 people would probably be none the wiser...

It's like choosing between the Chevy, Pontiac, Buick or Oldsmobile versions of the same chassis.

15. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's kinda what went through my mind as well. :D

16. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Everyone knows that Oldsmobiles are the superior choice.

Right???

17. 912

912 Rookie

Nov 6, 2010
    #642 912, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
  19. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    my oh my. the possibilities! if only they can make a decent top for it. can't wait. and the Estoque grey show car looks fantastic.

20. Lars_vet

Lars_vet Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2007
    On the open road
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Why have they choosen to let the door open like all the ricer lambo doors...Thats a shame IMO.

21. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    And in the end its still an Audi....

22. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf

Hah hah! In the muscle car days, they were great, but nope, Buick was top dog of the GM food chain for muscle cars. I know you are joking around, but Audi is probably looking at the old GM Sloan model and thinking that there are enough Chevy Chevelle young buyers that don't want a Buick, and enough older professionals that wanted muscle cars but wanted something more mature than a Chevy. And those in the middle that would buy a 442. So sell them all largely the same thing with a different suit! Imo, that is tough to pull off in this world economy.

23. S_A

S_A Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    Finland, Vantaa
    Full Name:
    Sami Aaltonen
    - Doors are perfect
    - Rear end has 4 pipes
    - It looks stunning
    - I can't wait when they do FIA GT1 race car!

24. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Which shares about 85% of it's parts with the Gallardo.

25. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Easier access for taller drivers and conformity to the latest regs concerning access after a roll-over.