Aventador! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Aventador!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SFchallenge, Oct 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    100% not it

2. paul328

paul328 Formula Junior

May 5, 2009
    Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Santoni
    Hi
    am over in Portugal just now and this months Turbo magazine has a three page spread on the car and front cover pic with a lot of detail
    here is a phone pic of two pages

3. paul328

paul328 Formula Junior

May 5, 2009
    Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Santoni
    #53 paul328, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. S_A

S_A Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    Finland, Vantaa
    Full Name:
    Sami Aaltonen
    This sounds defenitely fantastic! And the doors......yes. Indeed.!

BUT:
    The engine; is there a flywheel or not?
    Is there going to be manual gearbox anymore, even an option if "Egear" is standard?

Very glad that Lamborghini doesn't go anything hybrid stuff or something. Very glad indeed.

5. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    If it is anything like the drawing it would be a major let down.

6. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    I agree

7. tmashphotos

tmashphotos Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 23, 2010
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Tanner Mashburn
    i really hope that is not it also...and the pic i posted definitely has ferrari wheels but is definitely not a ferrari...still need answers haha

8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    New Viper :D

9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    According to a brilliant post by Roy, it seems that the manual may be dropped as, iirc, it's cheaper to produce just the more popular E-Gear rather than both transmissions. However, with Lamborghini, you never know.

I first heard the SV was E-Gear only & the Balboni was 6-speed only, but they're available in both.

10. malebomb01

malebomb01 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2010
    Big D
    Sbarro Alcador based on a 360. Discussed in a couple other threads...

11. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    I'm a die hard manual lover but with the new super efficient gearboxes like Pdk etc these are definitely the future to go & easier on re-sale, at least in my part of the world. Shifting @ 50Ms is almost F1, 2.9secs & 7 speed, I don't think I'll ever be able to match that doing manual & they said they'll keep the "spirit" in the drive.

Guys, all those pics in magazines are so far frankensteins of Premier kit, Lp560, & whatever mix match that don't gel up. The real car looks amazing, I WANT one but price is killing my desire & my delivery is late 2012 if I place a deposit now due to overwhelming orders :(

Anyway, this prototype is on a world tour to show clients & I'm sure it'll be near you very soon :)

12. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    #63 rush109, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    hate that design...good to hear its not it^^^

13. SAB

SAB Formula Junior

May 12, 2010
    South Wales, UK
    Exactly what I thought, magazines just trying to sell magazines based on those camo spyshots. They don't really know what it looks like!

14. kbb007

kbb007 Rookie

Nov 5, 2010
    Thus, a French customer already ordered one of the first copies, good for € 350,000. Lamborghini for ordinary customers is the order book open until early December, the first copies would be delivered in June 2011.

15. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I still can't believe that won't at least offer a true manual. super fast shifts are great for a track when real bragging rights are on the line, but on the street i could care less. you can't have nearly as much fun without that clutch to slip and wag the tail in a much more controlled manner than just heavy throttle application. I don't understand how there's not more uproar over this.

16. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Well 95% of lambos ordered have the E-Gear. I'm sure there will be a few die-hard enthusiasts who will demand a stick (Roy perhaps :D).

But as mentioned before, I was told the LP670 SV was to be E-Gear only and $50k was required for a minimum deposit...but If I wanted a 6-speed I'd be $100k to reserve.

17. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    The SV was the LAST flagship car to get a 6 speed manual..and YES you had to request it with a $100K deposit to get it, it was NOT listed as an option. There are ONLY 2 USA SV cars with 6 speed and only 3 other in the rest of the world for a total of 5 6 speed SV cars out of 350 produced.

No matter what amount of money was offered...as I really really tried..the new V12 car WILL not come with a 6 speed..it has no 6 speed design what so ever..ONLY the 7 speed e-gear..

To state the obvious...I am very very happy with my 6 speed SV..and will probably be sitting out the first year run of the new car..want to see all the bugs worked out of a first year run car once it hits the real streets of driving.

18. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Have you seen the shape of the new car, Roy?

19. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Sad, sad day...RIP the manual transmission...:( That being said, hopefully the new V-12 will cause a price drop on the LP670 SV's so I can get a Black one :D

20. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Only factory pics, not the real car in person.

21. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    IMO, I think you will see the price hold steady..if not a bit of a rise...there are always people that want the last of the line...espicaly once they see what is replacing it..I think the SV will become a collectors car in its own form..sooner than later.

22. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Really?! What's your honest opinion of the shape? Is it a game changer like the Muira or the Countach?

23. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I think everyone has their own thoughts..for me..

I am not a lover of the wheels at all

I am a bit disappointed with the door opening method, both the way they open..(button electric) and the route, out a bit then up all the way to a 90 degree angle..allows, so the factory says, for taller people in the car..exit/entry.. HOWEVER..my research shows it was a DOT requirment as they are hitting the magic mark of 5000 copies of the "Murcie". With
    this they loose their "small" manufacture status...brings all new safety things into play..one being the doors must open if the car is on its roof in an accident..which these new style will do as they kick out...like the Merecedes and other "gull" wing type cars..so for me I miss the real pop up doors and the grab them and pull them open or pull them down to close.

As far as all the sharp lines and the use of a lot of LED (front headlights..ect)..agian to me it takes away from the flowing shape of the car..but again, that was just like when the Murcie first came out...we had the 2001 Diablo to hold it against..and like all things it took a bit to fall in love with it..at least for me.

The interior is bigger and the rear shelf for golf clubs or luggage...well again for me takes away from the old "tucked" in a cock pit feeling. But for others it will be good as they have way more room, as well as increased headroom. The seat is more on center with the steering wheel..which is a good thing.

I cant speak to the performance as I have not driven one..but to go froma 670 HP SV to a 700 HP car..well it is more, but it is ONLY 30HP and the weight is very similiar to the current 670SV..so a VAST up charge from a 640, yes, from a 670 no.

And it goes with out saying that the lack of a true 6 speed for the car, IMO, just takes the fun out of operating the car..might as well just have a "push button" start (which it does) and a joy stick computer operated system.

All in all I think the car has great leeps forward..may just take an old dog like me a bit to wrap myself around it and call it an "experiance" to operate. I just think ALL the new cars are so operator "lack" of effort..that they are becoming a plane on the ground that is only lacking "auto pilot".

I can say that for now..the SV is still my choice and I hope to take it to 100K miles at the least, it has been one of my top 3 favorite cars of all time. With it being the approx same price as the new car when it hits the ground, I feel I have enjoyed the best of the best 2 years earlier while all others have waited for this new car, (I bought my SV in July 2009).

I also have just never been a buyer of a "first" year run car. I prefer to see all the kinks worked out after a few cars get "real" road time and info goes back to the engineers and the factory. I can guarantee you the 2013 car will have many changes and improvements..after all this is a new platfrom to build on and increase from...if not...no one would buy the "next" years variant.

On the bright side, I do believe this car will be one of the first Lambo's in a LONG time that WILL sell out and WILL demand "over" sticker price for a car..IF you can get one.

24. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Thanks so much for your expeditious and detailed reply.